View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dolphins 'concerned' about moving Martin 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins 'concerned' about moving Martin
If McKinney cannot play RT, and we are sure of that, then the Dolphins are hoping on a prayer that moving Martin to RT will help our situation. Although, I will say that Martin at RT is better than Clabo at RT.

Armando Salguero wrote:
McKinnie became available in trade and he has never taken a practice snap at right tackle let alone played a game there, the Dolphins acquired him and expect him to play left tackle.Anyway, McKinnie's arrival means Martin, through no fault of his own, gets switched again. He's played 11 1/2 games at right tackle and 10 1/2 games at left tackle and he's soon about to increase that number on the right side.

And Tuesday it was clear Martin isn't thrilled about the move.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins 'concerned' about moving Martin
The title of the article: Dolphins" concerned about moving Martin"

Well shoot, if you would have signed the appropriate lineman when you had ALL of last off season to do so KNOWING that was a huge issue last year. Now you pick up scraps in McKinnie and he is basically ONLY an experienced LT and now moving Martin creates a concern?

Terrible planning for the offensive line going into this season. We have a potential franchise QB and they don't even protect the valuable merchandise.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:

Terrible planning for the offensive line going into this season. We have a potential franchise QB and they don't even protect the valuable merchandise.

Yup, was my biggest fear going into this season. Only reason I never liked the Jordan pick, I felt we would have been better off staying put or even trading down and taking what was there.

Now it is even more discouraging being our offense line is crap, and our idiot coaches barely even play Jordan even tho he is the 2nd best DE on the team.

Gotta wonder if coaches were wanting to go a different direction in the draft....

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
Yup, was my biggest fear going into this season. Only reason I never liked the Jordan pick, I felt we would have been better off staying put or even trading down and taking what was there.

Lane Johnson has practically been no better than Martin/Clabo so far into the season, so Jordan was absolutely the right move. Can you imagine the critics if Ireland drafted Lane Johnson, another top 5 pick at the OT position, and he flamed out like he has done in Philly thus far? Oh boy.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:56 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Nothing was wrong with taking Dion Jordan. The problem was not trading the other 2nd round pick to get OLT Brandon Albert from KC. Albert is having a very solid year for the Cheifs and would have been a huge upgrade over Jonathan Martin and even an upgrade over Jake Long.

Martin may be upset, but at this point it about doing what is best for the team. McKinnie is a career OLT and played at a high level the later part of the season and into the playoffs for the Ravens last year.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Last year Clabo had a rough start and then came through over the final 10-12 games of the season. It is probably why Miami gave him another shot after the bye but history hasn't repeated itself.

McKinnie came up huge down the stretch so it looks like Ireland is hoping this time history will repeat itself.

Martin just has to accept that the team needs him to make up for the Clabo failure.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:31 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What's really concerning is our depth...

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
Nothing was wrong with taking Dion Jordan. The problem was not trading the other 2nd round pick to get OLT Brandon Albert from KC. Albert is having a very solid year for the Chiefs and would have been a huge upgrade over Jonathan Martin and even an upgrade over Jake Long.

:awe: I couldn't agree with you more. The only concern is that Albert would have required a huge long term contract and that would have tapped into the salary cap even more. But it is obvious now that not obtaining Albert was a HUGE mistake.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:57 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Lane Johnson has practically been no better than Martin/Clabo so far into the season, so Jordan was absolutely the right move. Can you imagine the critics if Ireland drafted Lane Johnson, another top 5 pick at the OT position, and he flamed out like he has done in Philly thus far? Oh boy.

Well if I said trade up and take him your post would make more sense...

I would prefer to have stayed put and develop a guy like Kyle Long, rather than trade up to develop a DE...

And its not a knock on Jordan, since it seems everyone will assume that.. I like him, I expect him to have a great career here..

Just wish they would have addressed this issue, because it was no secret the line needed help, and not the D line...

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]