View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Personal foul missed on Dolphins' last-second FG vs. Ravens 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Personal foul missed on Dolphins' last-second FG vs. Ravens
Quote:
The Jets' 30-27 upset Sunday of the Patriots ended with a game-winning field goal for New York, set up by a much-debated flag that gave the home team a first down following a missed 56-yarder by Nick Folk.

As it turns out, this wasn't the first time such a play happened.

Two weeks ago, a similar situation unfolded at the end of the Ravens' win over the Dolphins in Week 5. Miami rookie Caleb Sturgis missed a 57-yard bid at a game-tying field goal at the end of his team's 26-23 loss, and on the play, Baltimore executed a similar push to the one called on Patriots rookie Chris Jones on Sunday. The Dolphins turned the tape into the NFL, which, according to two sources familiar with the situation, conceded that the correct call was missed.

The sources said the league told Miami it would be a point of emphasis going forward, and VP of officiating Dean Blandino sent a training video out, while explaining that game officials would be keeping an eye out for it.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league would not comment on the matter, noting that discussions between the officiating department and the teams are to remain confidential. The Dolphins also declined to comment.

The Patriots ran a similar push play in Week 6 against the Saints, one that went uncalled.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -vs-ravens

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Personal foul missed on Dolphins' last-second FG vs. Ravens
Don't care. Sturgis missed then & he missed this week also.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:

The penalty would've negated 15 yards and made the FG a 42 yarder...give me a darn break.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:

lol he misses a 57 yard fg cut him, cut him now.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

ha! I know right? I think he's an excellent kicker.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
The penalty would've negated 15 yards and made the FG a 42 yarder...give me a darn break.

AQNOR wrote:

DC got blamed for missing 50 Yd FGs early in games & according to some costing Miami the game. Isn't being able to make those long FG the reason Miami brought him in?

If DC were still Miami's kicker then most would be blaming him for the loss. Not one person has put the loss on Sturgis for missing, like they did DC last year in the Ariz. game. Why?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:32 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

So with the roughing the passer penalty that was suposedly missed in Sundays game that was suggested in another thread plus this penalty that was also apparently missed in reality we are 5-1. I am going to start telling everyone that today. Tonight I am going to dig thru the NO game footage to look for any calls that did not go in our favor that should have so I can make a case for being undefeated . Some things seem to never change. The Dolphins problems on offense & the excuses around here.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Look on the bright side....at least we screwed NE by sending the tape in, right?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:

AQNOR wrote:

DC got blamed for missing 50 Yd FGs early in games & according to some costing Miami the game. Isn't being able to make those long FG the reason Miami brought him in?

If DC were still Miami's kicker then most would be blaming him for the loss. Not one person has put the loss on Sturgis for missing, like they did DC last year in the Ariz. game. Why?

According to some? Ok but according to you we need to blame a guy for missing a 57 yard attempt?

I don't remember fans on this site blaming DC for losing a game for missing a 57 yd fg attempt.

I think that part of the reason the new guy was brought in was he does give the Phins a better chance at longer fg's and he seems to be able to get the ball deep on kick offs which DC could not do consistently. Even the last game, when DC seemingly he gave the Phins a chance at good field position because he could not put it deep.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:
DC got blamed for missing 50 Yd FGs early in games & according to some costing Miami the game.

Revisionist history at its finest. Dan Carpenter caught flack for missing field goals of 47 and 48 yards against the Jets, especially one in overtime that would have won the game.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

AQNOR wrote:

did you happen to see the wind gust that blew a perfectly good kick in another direction?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

In the league today you pay guys to hit 50+ yard FGs....as it stands the guy who was cut outperformed the guy Miami kept. That is starting to become a very aggravating theme in Miami.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Revisionist history at its finest. Dan Carpenter caught flack for missing field goals of 47 and 48 yards against the Jets, especially one in overtime that would have won the game.

Revisionist history? :headscratch

There was practically a whole thread you participated in blaming DC for missing that 51 Yd FG at the start of the 3rd with a 13 point lead.

Sure he got blamed for the Jets loss. Never brought that game up, so why are you and how does it pertain to the Ariz game, where he missed a 51 Yds at the start of the 3rd Qtr & was blamed for the loss, despite the D givings up something like 24 2nd half point.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:

According to some? Ok but according to you we need to blame a guy for missing a 57 yard attempt?
Please let me know where I blamed him for missing that kick? I just said he missed it & I'm not concerned with a ticky tack penalty not called 3 weeks later

AQNOR wrote:
I don't remember fans on this site blaming DC for losing a game for missing a 57 yd fg attempt.
51 Yds, not 57. No doubt in my mind they would have though.

AQNOR wrote:
I think that part of the reason the new guy was brought in was he does give the Phins a better chance at longer fg's and he seems to be able to get the ball deep on kick offs which DC could not do consistently. Even the last game, when DC seemingly he gave the Phins a chance at good field position because he could not put it deep.
Probably helped replaced him.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
In the league today you pay guys to hit 50+ yard FGs....as it stands the guy who was cut outperformed the guy Miami kept. That is starting to become a very aggravating theme in Miami.

Am I remembering wrong, but didn't Sturgis kick the ball out of bounds in a game?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Please let me know where I blamed him for missing that kick? I just said he missed it & I'm not concerned with a ticky tack penalty not called 3 weeks later

When you responded to the post I made about cutting a guy for missing a 57 yd fg I must have misunderstood what your response

"DC got blamed for missing 50 Yd FGs early in games & according to some costing Miami the game. Isn't being able to make those long FG the reason Miami brought him in?

If DC were still Miami's kicker then most would be blaming him for the loss. Not one person has put the loss on Sturgis for missing, like they did DC last year in the Ariz. game. Why?"

together with your first post on this thread

"Don't care. Sturgis missed then & he missed this week also."

were about. I was confused about what point you were trying to make. Ideas like putting the loss on Sturgis for missing and the whole introduction of blame in connection with his misses of 50 yard fgs ( one of which is a 57 yard fg) threw me off. Sorry about that.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
were about. I was confused about what point you were trying to make. Ideas like putting the loss on Sturgis for missing and the whole introduction of blame in connection with his misses of 50 yard fgs ( one of which is a 57 yard fg) threw me off. Sorry about that.

I was just making the point after seeing DC get blamed last year for missing a 51 Yd on the first possession of the 2nd half when Miami was winning 13-0 that some here have a double standard on things. Few seemed to care Miami's D gave up 24 points in the 2nd half. Instead it was because DC missed that FG. Not a doubt in my mind had DC been the one to miss that 57 Yder we would be seeing calls for him to be cut..

I am not & will not ever blame a kicker for missing a kick over 50 Yds. Regardless of the situation.

I will say it would have been nice to see Miami pull one out, but luck never breaks Miami's way.
Guess the saying is true. If you are good, then you create your own luck.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]