View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 We Lack Talent? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post We Lack Talent?
We obviously lack talent on the right side of the line............but we're pretty stout every where else. I wouldn't trade our D-Line for anyone else in the NFL. With Patterson and Grimes healthy our DB's are deep and solid. LB is deep and pretty good.

Our receiving corps are sure-handed and getting open. Miller and Thomas look solid, I don't believe either one has put the ball on the ground.........opportunities have been limited. Pouncy is a premier center, Cognito is solid and Martin is a serviceable LT, hopefully to improve.

Tanehill needs to mature, but he has the talent. Moore is an excellent backup.

Fields maybe the best punter in the league and Sturgis looks to be the real deal.

Point is there are a lot of AFC teams winning with less .........Bills, Jets, maybe Cheifs and Chargers. This is a tough season to figure out so far..........excellent in the redzone, but we do just enough to lose............the scrutiny will really pickup on the Coaching Staff, especially if things don't go well in NE.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: We Lack Talent?
Offensive Line + Legit Coaching Staff = Deep Playoff Run

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:06 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I'm never a proponent of spending high picks on the OL because I think individually the difference between very good and solid is marginal.

That said "bad" along the line, especially at tackle, costs you as much as any other unit/position, and they're bad right now at OT.

The LB is not deep and good. There is no depth and the starting 3 are mediocre at best. Misi is by far the best LB we have IMO, and he's "solid".

The receivers are good, but don't compliment each other well, IMO, and don't suit Tannehill's game. I think Tannehill is a possession QB and would benefit from having big receivers. Hartline is nifty enough to make it work on the outside, but Tannehill doesn't have a good relationship with Wallace and I don't know if it will ever be as good as we hoped.

That said, what PZ said is correct. If the OL is at least average and the coaching staff gets it together, this is a Playoff team without question.

Unfortunately, neither will get fixed this season.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
That said, what PZ said is correct. If the OL is at least average and the coaching staff gets it together, this is a Playoff team without question.

Unfortunately, neither will get fixed this season.

When the same thing has been pointed out for 7 weeks it should be obvious.

Not so sure on your second point. This game was a gut punch and they know it. Based on how creative they got for 3 quarters they have it in them.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

not really

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Point is there are a lot of AFC teams winning with less .........Bills, Jets, maybe Cheifs and Chargers

The Bills Chiefs and Chargers i wouldn't say have less talent although the Bills have some injury problems...The Jets i'll give you...But are they really winning?

That game yesterday is sickening and the qb took a step back...Only one way to fix it..Win 3 in a row.

Ijust can't stop thinking..Why did we get rid of Reggie Bush again?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
Point is there are a lot of AFC teams winning with less .........Bills, Jets, maybe Cheifs and Chargers

The Bills Chiefs and Chargers i wouldn't say have less talent although the Bills have some injury problems...The Jets i'll give you...But are they really winning?

That game yesterday is sickening and the qb took a step back...Only one way to fix it..Win 3 in a row.

Let's see they get a pissed off Patriots team at home next week and since the Patriots got screwed on a call against the Jets...I'm sure Miami will be playing against 13 guys every snap.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

We're finished this year.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:

Let's see they get a pissed off Patriots team at home next week and since the Patriots got screwed on a call against the Jets...I'm sure Miami will be playing against 13 guys every snap.

What's new about that?...Don't forget the cheating and crowd noise over the pa..ah those Patriots

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

1984phins wrote:

Not with a win this week.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

1984phins wrote:

Cool. Start watching NBA basketball.

Talk to you later.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 am

1984 - The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Out of the gate fast at 3-0 only to falter the last 3. Who knows what the next 3 hold in this league. Every team seems to be so close in talent.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:47 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
1984phins wrote:

Cool. Start watching NBA basketball.

Talk to you later.

Go Heat!

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

NFLJunkie wrote:
1984 - The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Out of the gate fast at 3-0 only to falter the last 3. Who knows what the next 3 hold in this league. Every team seems to be so close in talent.

Of course they are not technically out of it.

The math to win the division is promblematic. They have to sweep the Jets and win in Buffalo in Dec.
AND they have to beat NE once.

The road to get a WC isn't really better, with KC or Den already having one spot.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

1984phins wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Of course they are not technically out of it.

The math to win the division is promblematic. They have to sweep the Jets and win in Buffalo in Dec.
AND they have to beat NE once.

The road to get a WC isn't really better, with KC or Den already having one spot.

I thought the math to winning the division was having a better record?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]