View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Snap count 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Snap count
This is driving me nuts and I just don't get how it continues, how can you keep tipping off the other team on your play being a run or pass?..

I've been keeping an eye on this and it's as plain as day Go is a pass and Go Go is a run , does this coaching staff just believe that execution no matter if they know its coming or not will win out?.. Again!!!!! It's driving me insane!!

It wasn't any more evident than on that redzone QB draw, empty backfield and it was "Go Go' and I literally watched the DT abandon his pass rush and wait for RT to run right to him because he knew it wasn't a pass!... Somebody enlighten me am I losing my mind or is this offense really this stupid???..

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Snap count
I literally watched the DT abandon his pass rush and wait for RT to run right to him because he knew it wasn't a pass

You want those guys to stay away from your QB, no, not this coaching staff. Just run in a big I and pound the ball, don't put your QB at risk!!

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have seen others mention this as well. I wonder if someone with game tape can confirm? The first time I saw it mentioned I thought it was in connection with him calling an audible at the line or not.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:52 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

AQNOR wrote:
I have seen others mention this as well. I wonder if someone with game tape can confirm? The first time I saw it mentioned I thought it was in connection with him calling an audible at the line or not.

It is a clear pattern. The Dolphins will use GO on pass plays and GO GO on run plays.

It's pretty stupid and says a lot about how lacking in strategy this coaching staff is.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

It is a clear pattern. The Dolphins will use GO on pass plays and GO GO on run plays.

It's pretty stupid and says a lot about how lacking in strategy this coaching staff is.

To be fair, shouldn't the line know the play call before the snap count? Isn't that what the huddle is for?

If this is true, then that has to be stupidest thing I've seen.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:53 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:

I can confirm it.. I paid special attention today just to confirm what I thought I was seeing in earlier games!..

All runs were Go Go including the Wallace reverse and the two empty backfield QB draws..SMH

All pass plays were a single go including all the play action passes like if we don't have enough issues with defences buying into the play fakes?... I find this very alarming and just plain stupid

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It is a wonder that the Phins can run at all and I guess it should be no surprise that the Phins are flirting with setting the NFL sack total when you tip your hand before the play happens.

Hmmm ... I wonder what would happen if the Phins tried changing the snap count.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]