View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PFF 1st round breakdown 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post PFF 1st round breakdown
Quote:
1.Eric Fisher, T, Kansas City Chiefs
Grade: -11.3
Snaps: 321
Analysis: It hasn’t been pretty has it? The Chiefs’ offensive line has been a problem all season and at no bigger spot than right tackle. Fisher may well develop into a man worthy of the first overall pick, but right now his only saving grace is that he’s not as bad as Donald Stephenson. Currently our third-lowest ranked right tackle.

2. Luke Joeckel, T, Jacksonville Jaguars
Grade: -6.1
Snaps: 280
Analysis: The Jaguars got a glimpse of their left tackle of the future and it wasn’t always encouraging. Now on injured reserve, the team will be hoping he comes back better for the experiences of his rookie year.

3. Dion Jordan, DE, Miami Dolphins
Grade: +4.2
Snaps: 101
Analysis: A nice grade but that all came in one game as he got extra duty against the Falcons’ struggling offensive tackles. He is, off course, limited by being a purely situational guy so he’s dependent on the Dolphins getting the kind of lead that forces teams to go pass-heavy.

4. Lane Johnson, T, Philadelphia Eagles
Grade: -7.5
Snaps: 436
Analysis: Has struggled with his pass blocking throughout the year but has seemed to improve (even in that regard) after a rough three-game stretch between Weeks 2 and 5. Since then he’s allowed six quarterback disruptions after allowing 19 in the first four weeks.

5. Ezekial Ansah, DE, Detroit Lions
Grade: -0.2
Snaps: 288
Analysis: We always tell people not to be fooled by the sack numbers. Four is a good return for a rookie, but we’d have a better pass rush grade with more total pressure. As it is, he’s 21st out of 37 qualifying 4-3 defensive ends in our Pass Rushing Productivity stat. Still, run defense has been above average.

6. Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Cleveland Browns
Grade: -2.6
Snaps: 280
Analysis: Much like the man before him, don’t read too much into his sack totals. He’s not the player Jabaal Sheard is right now and it would be right for him to see his snap count drop when Sheard gets back. Only three outside linebackers have lower Pass Rushing Productivity scores.

7. Jonathan Cooper, G, Arizona Cardinals
Grade: n/a
Snaps: n/a
Analysis: Put on injured reserve during preseason.

8. Tavon Austin, WR, St Louis Rams
Grade: -3.7
Snaps: 222
Analysis: Let’s not write him off yet. He’s a slot receiver and his playing time versus Houston was limited because the Rams’ lead meant they only ran 11 personnel on seven occasions. That said, he hasn’t impressed. Just two forced missed tackles and five drops with a 6.6 yards per catch average. A risky pick is looking riskier.

9. Dee Milliner, CB, New York Jets
Grade: -2.0
Snaps: 128
Analysis: With two touchdowns allowed and some blown assignments, Milliner earned himself a benching. Came back but a hamstring injury has kept him out since Week 3. Will want to be playing better when he returns.

10. Chance Warmack, G, Tennessee Titans
Grade: -6.8
Snaps: 401
Analysis: Hasn’t taken the league by storm has he? It’s easier for people to blame Chris Johnson but Warmack has earned a negative grade for his run blocking and has the eighth lowest grade in pass protection. Proof of the gap between college and the pros.

11. D.J. Fluker, T, San Diego Chargers
Grade: +5.1
Snaps: 366
Analysis: Has so far adjusted best to life in the NFL though it’s been for the opposite reasons as to what scouts told us to expect. His run blocking has got him a negative grade as King Dunlap and Michael Harris both outplayed him, but his work in pass protection has been excellent news for Philip Rivers.

12. D.J. Hayden, CB, Oakland Raiders
Grade: -4.3
Snaps: 266
Analysis: A mixed bag of things as a nickel corner for the Raiders. The obvious blot on his copybook was the horrible effort against the Broncos that saw him miss six tackles but he has been better since then.

13. Sheldon Richardson, DE, New York Jets
Grade: +13.1
Snaps: 324
Analysis: Our third-ranked 3-4 defensive end and leader in our Race for Rookie of the Year. The team might like more pass rush from him but right now his work in the run game really is quite exceptional, with 14 defensive stops there already

I can't imagine had Ireland picked one of these olineman or Tavon Austin...The backlash would be non stop.

This 1st round is not showing much as far as production so far and he got one of the few bright spots in a not so good class.
Drafting talent over need is a hard thing to do.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... us-week-6/

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:45 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: PFF 1st round breakdown
Who was it again that was hesitant about Tavon Austin and didn't buy into the hype.

Gosh I wish I remember who that was so I could congratulate him on his brilliance.

But seriously, all I got out of this is "Dion doesn't get enough playing time"

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: PFF 1st round breakdown
Phins Rock wrote:
Who was it again that was hesitant about Tavon Austin and didn't buy into the hype.

Gosh I wish I remember who that was so I could congratulate him on his brilliance.

But seriously, all I got out of this is "Dion doesn't get enough playing time"

Works both ways. If he gets on the field more, the more teams could adjust to him. We won't know until it happens.

Hahaha I just finally noticed Dave added the laughing Mutley icon to the smilies section.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]