View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Paw stumping for 2012 

What is the most important issue facing the USA to you?
Health Care/Insurance Regulations 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
The Economy/Taxes 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
Military Action Overseas 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Paw stumping for 2012 
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post Paw stumping for 2012
Hello, Americans.
I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States. My platform will be based primarily on what I think is the most important issue we face today.

Issue no. 1
The Economy and Taxes

The Bible has 777,000+ words and no one individual can claim to understand it all: if they say they can, they lie. Theologians have been debating the words in it for thousands of years and have not agreed on much. The US Tax Code has three and a half million words. Most of those are written in a style that requires attorneys to even interpret it.
The United States will go to a 12% Sales Flat Tax under my administration. It will apply to every good and commodity regardless of sphere or sector, and apply equally to all Americans regardless of status. Everyone will pay the same tax as everyone else, but have more of their own money to do it with. The IRS will cease to function in that capacity, and will instead convert to the management of the new revenue.
An influx of 18-30% of the money earned through employment reverted back to the ones earning it will cause a corresponding growth in the economy: people will have more to spend and they will, and have done so time and time again in economic periods of prosperity. A self-nourishing part of a Flat tax is that this corresponding growth in the economy generates more sales tax by nature, thus increasing government yield. The economy begins healing itself and the public enjoys greater prosperity while it occurs.
This will of course necessitate the striking of a constitutional amendment, in this case the XVI Amendment, which reads:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

This must go. The right of an American to not face Unfair Taxation without Representation is threatened by this amendment, and has been ever since it was ratified in 1913. What it means essentially is that the Congress may impose taxes on income from any source without having to apportion the total dollar amount of tax collected from each state according to each state's population in relation to the total national population. Get that? You can be taxed under this amendment by Congress and that money doled out as they see fit regardless of population. Ladies and Gentlemen, that is Unfair Taxation without Representation, and I will strike it from the document like the stain it is.

To follow through with the enacting of a flat Sales Tax, I will also end Government investing public funds in private enterprise. There will be no bailouts of any company, regardless of textile or service that they provide. If a huge bank goes under, the people who orchestrated it do not get millions more to see if they've improved.
They would face the same fate as the average American who entered into a small business; they sink or swim. If they swim, they prosper; if they sink, they fail and their competitors prosper. The FED must lose their control over the US Dollar. Under my administration there will be no more 'Federal Reserve Notes', only United States Dollars.

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”
Thomas Jefferson

This of course is not the only issue I base my candidacy on, merely what I believe to be the most urgent, the most pressing. I shall strive to answer any questions anyone reading this wishes to pose.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Paw stumping for 2012
Did you know that 47% of Americans actually get more back from the government through the tax code than they pay in taxes? This includes social security.

47% of people actually MAKE A PROFIT from government tax returns.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am

Under my administration there will be no need for a 1040 tax return. There will be no income tax. Illegal aliens injured on illegal jobs and hospitalized at the taxpayer's expense...will pay the same taxes as everyone else.

I shall also strive to see that my administration conserves and doesn't just throw things away nonchalantly...I shall offer all government copies of the tax code to shelters and halfway houses...as toilet paper.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What about State taxes? You mean if the Feds are charging 12% and the state is charging 7% or more, that I'm going to be paying 19-21% taxes on each purchase? I don't know man.....
If that were the case, I think you will see the bartering system get suddenly popular again. Is there a property tax still? Do you pay a sales tax when you buy a property/home? I'm not against a flat tax, but I need to know how it works first.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:34 pm

No problems. I live in Florida, which has a 6.5% sales tax already. This would be upped to 12%.
Keep in mind you would no longer have Income Tax. You would no longer have capitol gains tax. You would no longer have estate tax.
As of 1/10/2010, the most expensive state taxes right now are in:
California (8.25%)
Indiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, Rhode Island and Tennessee (7%)
Minnesota (6.875%)
These would be upped as well.
Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon have none. They would get one, at 12% like the rest.

Currently Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming have no state income tax. ALL states would rescind Income Tax, there would be no need of it.

What I am looking to avoid, aside from tax cheats and former non-paying aliens, is a situation like THIS:
Some lower income individuals pay a proportionately higher share of payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare than do some higher income individuals in terms of the effective tax rate. All income earned up to a point, adjusted annually for inflation ($94,200 for the year 2006 and $97,500 for the year 2007) is taxed at 7.65% (consisting of the 6.2% Social Security tax and the 1.45% Medicare tax) on the employee with an additional 7.65% in tax incurred by the employer. The annual limitation amount is sometimes called the "Social Security tax wage base amount" or "Contribution and Benefit Base." Above the annual limit amount, only the 1.45% Medicare tax is imposed. In terms of the effective rate, this means that a worker earning $20,000 for 2006 pays at a 7.65% effective rate ($1,530) while a worker earning $200,000 pays at an effective rate of about 4.37% ($8,740).

It's simply this, my countrymen and -women...Everyone pays the same, and anybody that tries to skew it in one direction or another by creating different rates to favor a segment or interest group is trying to manipulate it to their benefit.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

So lets say that state A charges 7% sales tax, and state B charges no sales tax. Now under your flat sales tax both states would have a sales tax of 12%. So my question is, does state A still receive 7% sales tax? Does state B get no sales tax? How do you fairly compensate a state for its share of the revenue? Does every state now get a flat percentage kicked back from the Feds for every thing sold in their state?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:22 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

You've got my vote brother...think you'll need closer to a 20% flat tax to make it work though? There are tons of benefits to this concept folks...ALL spend gets taxed, but no income does.

So it taxes all illegals and criminals when they spend...currently there are billions of $$ being earned illegally and not getting taxed...a literal windfall for the US gov...

pawfectgent for PREZ!!! :yay:

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well it won't solve the problem of illegals sending a healthy portion of their income out of country, but at least they will be on the hook for what they do purchase in the US.
Funny story, my grandmother lives in Milan, MO where they have a processing plant. Mostly its illegals working there because none of the locals want to work in the plant. The locals started to get irritated with the illegals because every Saturday morning they would be down at the Post Office getting money orders to mail to their relatives in Mexico. The town locals got together and tried to shut down the Post Office on Saturdays. I'm not sure if they actually did shut it down or not, but I thought it was an interesting 'solution' to the issue. Obviously they could just go another day and get their money orders, but the townsfolk apparently thought the inconvenience to the illegals to be somewhat satisfying.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I went with Miilitary Action overseas, but the economy is very important, too. Right now we have Russia dictating how much "nuclear" arsonal we should have and it is the US making all the real cuts. Reagan built up the military and Russia could not keep up ... and they folded. Now, it seems they are trying to get back to being a nuclear power at our cuts. Also, it looks like we are going to cut back on our defensive system for ourselves and our allies overseas. Longterm, this is a bad thing for the US. I cannot wait for the Democrats to be voted out.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:53 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this should clear the air on what a flat tax is.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Thanks Alex 13. Simple concise explanation. Hope it gets many views and more importantly - i hope we get someone in office in the next decade that will support it - educate the american people on it - and make it law.

Help me out with the doll in your sig though?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rchill1354 wrote:
Thanks Alex 13. Simple concise explanation. Hope it gets many views and more importantly - i hope we get someone in office in the next decade that will support it - educate the american people on it - and make it law.

Help me out with the doll in your sig though?
rchill1354, if you'd like copies of the Sanchez and Brady voodoo dolls, you'd have to ask IamPZ for them as he made them for me and I think he still has them on file.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Also as far as the issues go I said Healthcare because I really don't want the government to control 1/6th of the economy nor do I want to see them trample the Constitution and the American people. As I already have to deal with bad policy of past Canadian politicians and I wish to move to America soon to become a truly free person.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

No way will we see a Flat Tax imposed unless someone like Ron Paul gets into office. Most of these Politicians are VERY well off and like MANY other things have their own interest at heart. A flat tax would not necessarily be a good thing for them.

Sun May 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I will add another aspect to my campaign platform now. Now, it doesn't matter where or what the demographic is or any liberal-conservative nonsense about the locality that this happened in-it is important enough to me to stand on it's own: Recently, some young students were disciplined on May 5th because they wore T-shirts with American flags on them to school on Cinco de Mayo.

The clothing was called 'incendiary'.

In the United States.

As your President, I pledge to you that no one wearing an American flag emblem or article of clothing depicting patriotic display will be in any kind of trouble anywhere in the United States specifically for that.

On any day of the year.

In any state.

I have no problem at all with someone on a specific day that is living here in the US wanting to display the colors of their homeland. Cinco de Mayo, Bastille Day, it doesn't matter to me. If you want to fly the colors of Japan or Madagascar from a flagpole in your front yard, I believe you should have the right to do it.

However, I do NOT believe ANY individual/institution has the right to tell an American in their own country that to display the US colors is wrong in any way on any day.

To clarify, if this had occurred during my Administration I would have done everything in my power to see that the school officials who made these decisions were the ones facing sanction or discipline, not the students.

Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]