View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 OT: Adrian Peterson's son dies following assault 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post OT: Adrian Peterson's son dies following assault
This is just unreal.

Phinsider wrote:
Adrian Peterson's son dies following assault

Some stories transcend being the fan of an NFL team, striking you right in the heart. That happened today with the hospitalization, and subsequent death, of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's son. The boy had been taken to the hospital on Wednesday with signs of abuse and was listed as in critical condition. This afternoon, the 2-year old lost his battle with the injuries suffered in the aggravated assault.

The boy's mother's boyfriend, Joseph Patterson, was arrested on Thursday and is currently being held on $750,000 bail. The Lincoln County (Minnesota) State Attorney's office was expected to review the aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated domestic assault charges following the death of the boy. Patterson was home alone with the boy when EMS and police responded to a call about an unresponsive boy who was said to be choking. At the hospital, it was determined that the injuries were consistent with child abuse.

Peterson took to Twitter today to express his gratitude for the outpouring of support during this tragedy.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/10/11/ ... ng-assault

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: OT: Adrian Peterson's son dies following assault
Not to make light of a tragedy, but this is why you have to be stupid to have baby mommas all over the place.

Not saying that's the case with AP, but how many guys have kids with all these women they have no future with?...Idiotic.

If she's on you, then she's on a bunch of other guys too...and I'm not leaving my kid at the hands of the other guys your banging. This is exactly why.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:48 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Wouldn't wanna be the Panthers this week.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:23 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kev1321 wrote:
Wouldn't wanna be the Panthers this week.

Definitely would be calling in sick or faking an injury tomorrow.

In all seriousness though, this is hard understand and react to. I get emotional and angry thinking about it so I can't imagine how AP feels

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:45 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
Not to make light of a tragedy, but this is why you have to be stupid to have baby mommas all over the place.

Not saying that's the case with AP, but how many guys have kids with all these women they have no future with?...Idiotic.

If she's on you, then she's on a bunch of other guys too...and I'm not leaving my kid at the hands of the other guys your banging. This is exactly why.

Part of me understand what you are trying to say, but for the most part, I do not understand why you are making this point.

Even with that being the case, he had some POS beat his 2 year old son to death. That was his child. The baby momma is obviously stupid as hell to date a dude that has had a past history of this.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:47 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
The baby momma is obviously stupid as hell to date a dude that has had a past history of this.

I'm with you, Tony. I cannot even understand why she would be with such a person. If I were AP I would be just as angry with her.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

Exactly my point guys.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:45 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

What kind of POS would do something like this?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Let's not be too harsh on the mom before the whole story comes out. Now if this guy has a history of violence and arrests, then yes, she was stupid and irresponsible for having her son around him, but it could be that this act of violence was just as much of a surprise to her as well. Sometimes people do things you never would have guessed.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

rodneyfaile wrote:
Let's not be too harsh on the mom before the whole story comes out. Now if this guy has a history of violence and arrests, then yes, she was stupid and irresponsible for having her son around him, but it could be that this act of violence was just as much of a surprise to her as well. Sometimes people do things you never would have guessed.

The man accused in the beating death of Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son had previously been accused of abusing a 3-year-old.

The Argus Leader reports that Joseph Robert Patterson had previously been given a suspended sentence on two domestic abuse cases, one involving an assault on a woman he was previously involved with, and another involving an assault on that woman’s child.

Patterson was given a one-year jail term for each of those two charges, but the jail time was suspended on the condition he attend domestic violence counseling.

Now Patterson is charged with aggravated assault on an infant in the beating of Peterson’s son. Additional charges are possible now that Peterson’s son has died.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I simply can not comprehend other humans.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson met his 2-year-old son for the first time while he was on life support, TMZ reports.

The football star — whose son died on Friday after his mother’s boyfriend allegedly badly beat him — learned three months ago that he had a child with a woman living in South Dakota

http://nypost.com/2013/10/12/adrian-pet ... e-support/

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
I simply can not comprehend other humans.

I am with you 100%.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

From Wikipedia:
Peterson's brother Brian, older by one year, was killed by a drunk driver when Peterson was eight; another half-brother was murdered the night before Peterson participated in the NFL Combine. Additionally, when Peterson was a teenager, his father was sentenced to ten years in prison for laundering drug money. Peterson's two-year-old son died on October 11, 2013 at a Sioux Falls, South Dakota, hospital due to injuries sustained during an alleged assault by the boyfriend of the child's mother, Joseph Robert Patterson. This was not his son Adrian Peterson Jr.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He just met his 2 yr old son this week? AP is the dad of the year! Sad, sad all around. The whole culture is terrible between AP not being involved, from the mom's lack of judgement, and to the criminal system letting this animal out of jail.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:45 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We criticize these players, and it's understandable, but how would we all react if we all of sudden had instant fame in our early 20s and had the most beautiful ladies of the world drooling all over us? Maybe these players should pay better attention to the programs they are put through. I remember Ricky's mom telling me that his girlfriend had told him that she couldn't get pregnant, so, he didn't use any protection. A little while later she had a "miracle" happen.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:
He just met his 2 yr old son this week? AP is the dad of the year! Sad, sad all around. The whole culture is terrible between AP not being involved, from the mom's lack of judgement, and to the criminal system letting this animal out of jail.

Mak, I have read enough of your post to know you are pretty much anti athlete. There is a lot we don't know about this situation, besides the fact that some punk butt 27 year old POS decided to beat a 2 year old boy to death.

It is indeed a sad situation, but I would like to know a whole lot more about this before I start busting AP ass. We are all human and however long his relationship with his son was and WHEN he actually knew he had a son, he is now tragically gone.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:48 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We criticize these players, and it's understandable, but how would we all react if we all of sudden had instant fame in our early 20s and had the most beautiful ladies of the world drooling all over us? Maybe these players should pay better attention to the programs they are put through. I remember Ricky's mom telling me that his girlfriend had told him that she couldn't get pregnant, so, he didn't use any protection. A little while later she had a "miracle" happen.

It's called rubbers.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mak, I have read enough of your post to know you are pretty much anti athlete. There is a lot we don't know about this situation, besides the fact that some punk butt 27 year old POS decided to beat a 2 year old boy to death.

It is indeed a sad situation, but I would like to know a whole lot more about this before I start busting AP ass. We are all human and however long his relationship with his son was and WHEN he actually knew he had a son, he is now tragically gone.

Some of you hand from these players sacks like they do no wrong which in fact it's the opposite.I call it like I see. The fact is that he just met his son, was it hidden form him? I highly doubt the POS ghetto mother wouldn't want child support from AP. I can BUST AP butt all I want, if he knew (which I would bet he did since momma wanted a check) about the baby and just met him now, shame on him. If he didn't know, shame on him for not wearing a rubber. Mistakes happen, sure, but it seems like the same mistakes happen over and over see TO, ray Lewis, and Warren Sapp just to name a few dead beat "athlete" dads..

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

sure didn't look as if it bothered him a great deal. I would have been a trainwreck if that were my kid. But he never met him so that part is kind of understandable.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:39 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I would snap if it was me. BUT the difference is that I'm married and I raise my kids.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I would snap if it was me. BUT the difference is that I'm married and I raise my kids.

one fan on PFT put it this way:

Quote:
For those of you who keep praising AP consider this:
a) your child is rushed to an ER and placed on life support. Would you go the the ER? Because AP didn’t on Wednesday night.
b) your child is on life support. Do you stay at the hospital the entire time? Because AP left after spending a few hours.
c) your child is struggling to stay alive and then passes away. Would you be at his side or would you be going about your normal routine? Because AP made sure his dying son didn’t interfere with his own life.
Stop calling him a father to this boy. It is an insult to men who are real fathers.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:52 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Because AP made sure his dying son didn’t interfere with his own life

His son didn't interfere with AP's life when he was alive, AP a dad...lol. I'm sure he knew he had a son too guys, I'm sure baby momma was getting her money.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]