View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 First Quarter of the Season 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post First Quarter of the Season
We went 3-1, keep this up and the team will finish 12-4. Going forward we're likely to be favored in every game with the exception of the 2 against the Pats. Who knows, we might be favored in that home game. The Pats still have two games against us, home against New Orleans, home against Denver, and away at Houston. I like our chances of winning the Division.

There's been some talk that we're not elite, maybe that's true, but I only see two elite teams, Denver and New Orleans.........Seattle has been winning funky. Outside of those two teams, I like our chances against the rest of the pack.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: First Quarter of the Season
As the season progresses, the more tape is out there on this team. That is the major problem with last night's episode. It's not the loss that bothers me, it's how they lost. Not once did I consider the idea we had a chance to win, but I can't lie to myself and say I feel great after getting slapped around like that.

All I can say is we need Wake and Soliai back at 100% ASAP. The secondary finally got exposed without a legitimate pass rush. Tanny's fumbling to me is more troublesome than some of the INT's. Matt Moore had the same problem, with similar offensive line problems and everyone wanted him to be held accountable. Our $60 million man invisible.

It's all good though. I'm neither too up or too down. My expectation for the season was 9-7. The 3-0 was baiting the fanbase into getting too up too early.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think 3-0 makes 10-6 more realistic than a lot if us originally thought.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

There is not 5 losses left on this schedule. Every game is winable.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
There is not 5 losses left on this schedule. Every game is winable.

100% correct. There are no gimmes but unless The Pats rise up to elite status there isn't another New Orleans caliber opponent left on the schedule. Miami should have a chance to win every game.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Not trying to jinx us, but we have 6 games remaining against some pretty poor teams......2 against the Bills, 2 against the Jets, Pittsburgh and Tampa. Assuming we score over 20, we'll win those.

Most of our issues are correctable this season.........Tanehill will learn to secure the ball, Wake's return drastically improves the pass rush.......we have talent on the O Line,they need a little help from Tanehill & the backs, but they'll improve. Patterson's return and more snaps for Davis & Taylor will strengthen the secondary.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

shularino wrote:
Not trying to jinx us, but we have 6 games remaining against some pretty poor teams......2 against the Bills, 2 against the Jets, Pittsburgh and Tampa. Assuming we score over 20, we'll win those.

Most of our issues are correctable this season.........Tanehill will learn to secure the ball, Wake's return drastically improves the pass rush.......we have talent on the O Line,they need a little help from Tanehill & the backs, but they'll improve. Patterson's return and more snaps for Davis & Taylor will strengthen the secondary.

The Bills are proving to be no joke and Pitt is a road game with a qb that can beat anyone any givin week......The Raven game is a tough one and two Patriot game...

The bye week is gonna be the tell tale. If healthy i see an improving team.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:01 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If things continue, Tannehill will have thrown over 4300 yards with 20 TDs and 20 INT.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If things continue, Tannehill will have thrown over 4300 yards with 20 TDs and 20 INT.

With those stats, no way will we be 12-4. Maybe if he had 26td-12int. lol

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

3474yds 26td's 18int ...How Mark Sanchez like

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I predicted 4-1 going into the bye. Some would have been happy with 3-2 or even 2-3. I think this team is exceeding expectations and is in an excellent position to not only make the playoffs, but HOST a playoff game.

Go Dolphins!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The team has exceeded my expectations, but there are some troubling signs showing up....particularly on the O-line and in the turnover department. Tannehill has to be smarter and the O-line has to make a much stronger effort to give him an extra second to think.

It would be nice to see a playoff appearance this year. The Pats are still getting it done though. They just plug people in the lineup and Brady makes them look great. Darth Bellicheat always has them in the running. We have to split with them to have any hope of winning this division.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

Going into the season a lot of us said 20-25 TDs and fewer than 15 picks is acceptable.

I think he's on track for those expectations and he's positioned the team for TDs more frequently than I expected.

The ground game needs to come alive. Need to see some 100 yd performances from Miller.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm listening to Greg Cosell on "The Herd" and he was talking about the transition that Pep Hamilton has created in Indy from the finesse pass team of last year to a power team this year. The reason for it was because they don't have the personnel (O-line) for deep drops. So they now rely on the play-action pass in lieu of that fact.

That statement completely hit home with the Dolphins situation. Guys like Richi Incognito can protest and issue a challenge to his teammates all he wants, but the talent simply is not there outside of he and Pouncey (mostly Pouncey). This problem of not being able to take deep drops creates so many issues. We can't utilize our $60 million burner, who mentally checks out when not involved in games. It also wreaks havoc with Tanny's internal clock, which he was already struggling with to begin with.

We should look no further than Philbin and Sherman though ..... if they do not commit to getting that run game going, the 3-1 start isn't going to mean much. We absolutely need that playaction pass game going. If we stubbornly run the 2-3 step drop with 3 WR sets hitting trying to hit the quick slants/comebacks all year, teams are just going to sit on those. That INT by Jabari Greer in the Saints game is just the beginning.

I know Philbin wants the offense to become a high powered passing attack. At the expense of what though? It's almost like asking a team with finesse blockers and Darren Sproles to become a power running team. We still don't have the personnel, particularly along the offensive line for what we're trying to be.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]