View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Should Miami trade for Tony Scheffler?? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Should Miami trade for Tony Scheffler??
Since Miami could use another tight end, do you consider trading for Tony Scheffler? I would imagine that you might be able to get him for a good bargain and even though this link is from Rotoworld, it is no secret that McDaniels is willing to part with him.

He is a great down field threat for an offense, not sure, but I think he is an OK blocker, just not his strength, but boy would that give us a Tony Gonzalez type threat in an already potent offense now. Here is another young talent that has been a proven starter that could immediately help upgrade the tight end position. I could see plenty of sets where he and Fasano could be on the field together and help exploit defenses.

Thoughts???

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 527&spln=1

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Should Miami trade for Tony Scheffler??
think they want a 3rd rnd pic for him????,i would love to get a te to stretch the field ,i think we will wait for the draft to pick 1 up ,its a deep draft for te this year

i do like k sperry who played a few games for us last year and caught a te , i hope he progresses
for me haynos can go!

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Another thought is that Denver needs offensive lineman, why not trade Smiley and a 7th rounder for Scheffler?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

he has had some naggy injuries the past couple seasons. and dont even mention his name and tony gonzalez's in the same paragraph lol. i would rather keep our draft picks, keep fasano (whose numbers were about just as good as his the past two seasons and is two years younger, and should only improve with marshall), and possibly draft a te on the second day.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If you look at Schefflers five year stats, he played most of the games each season and I said he is a Tony Gonzalez "type" of receiver, which in my opinion he is, which is a tight end that can get open and catch the ball down field. I think he is as good or better than Fasano, which is why I am suggesting this as an option. I mean, you get another guy with proven experience for a potential bargain price that can start from day one and he is still young.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyscheffle ... =SCH095691

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i just believe we have too many holes on defense to be giving up any more picks. id keep fasano because scheffler isnt that large of an upgrade, if any at all.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Of course, you keep Fasano, never suggested otherwise, but why wouldn't you consider packaging a trade for a talent like this "if" it doesn't cost Miami much to give up is really my point. I realize NT, Safety and outside backer is the first line of business, but anytime you can improve by adding a young starter at a position that they still say we need depth for was the whole purpose of my posting this thought.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:44 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Finhead wrote:
Another thought is that Denver needs offensive lineman, why not trade Smiley and a 7th rounder for Scheffler?

Sounds like a hell of a trade if you ask me....Sheffler is just the type of TE we need and Marshall knows him well so there is familiarity with him. What else is Smiley going to get us? Every team knows he is injury prone and would offer a 6th round pick at the most for him.
:grin:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

A simple no.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Three-way trade sends Tony Scheffler to Detroit, Ernie Sims to Philly
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 19, 2010 11:41 AM ET
An offseason full of big-name trades has added another significant deal to the mix.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that a three-way trade will send linebacker Ernie Sims to the Eagles, and tight end Tony Scheffler to the Lions.

PFT's Mike Florio reports that the Broncos will get a fifth-round pick from the Eagles. Denver will send a seventh-round pick to the Lions.

It's not a great deal for the Broncos, who wanted a third-round pick for their promising young tight end. Instead, they essentially dumped Scheffler to move up two rounds on the draft's third day.

The move also shows how down the Lions were on Sims's long-term prospects.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ?related=1

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

now that i would have done a 5th rnd pick ,basically swap ginn for scheffler

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

moley wrote:
now that i would have done a 5th rnd pick ,basically swap ginn for scheffler

I live in Denver, and as a result I've had to watch several of Scheffler's games over the past few seasons. While he is never going to be an elite TE, he could do very well in our offense provided he is able to improve his blocking. I could see Scheffler being a very good pass catcher when paired with Fasano in two tight end sets. I think trading Ginn Jr. for Scheffler and a 7th round pick would have been a good deal.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]