View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Bad Idea Jets Spending spree 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Bad Idea Jets Spending spree
Anyone else feel that its a bad idea for the jets to spend millions of dollars on an All-Star team? I think that once that the owners decide to go back to the capped year in one or two seasons that the Jets will be screwed. They would have to ether get rid of all the expensive baggage and will have a hard time finding cheeper players or be like the Yankies and just pay the cap fine (not sure what the penalty is). That is only my speculation though. Tell me what you guys think?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Bad Idea Jets Spending spree
Who're theses All-Stars with huge contracts that you speak of?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:52 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Well I guess I'm exaggerating a bit. I'm mainily talking about Santonio Holmes, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Cromartie. But they did cut Thomas Jones to make room for L.T. Although most of the time it seemed that Leon Washington was doing all the work for Jones.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:06 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

:jests: It's the jets.....who cares if they have problems next few years,that there own fault. They are the one's who jump the gun on some of the players they got,and pay them what they do. Lol the got Holmes for the same price the 49's got Ginn for. On paper Holmes is better,but he wont see the field till week 5 and who knows if they keep him after this season. If they would have waited they could have had a shot at Marshall, and they were in the hunt for him when Denver wanted a 1st for him. So in the long run it's the jets let them suffer.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
:jests: It's the jets.....who cares if they have problems next few years,that there own fault. They are the one's who jump the gun on some of the players they got,and pay them what they do. Lol the got Holmes for the same price the 49's got Ginn for. On paper Holmes is better,but he wont see the field till week 5 and who knows if they keep him after this season. If they would have waited they could have had a shot at Marshall, and they were in the hunt for him when Denver wanted a 1st for him. So in the long run it's the jets let them suffer.
I agree....F the Jets. I can't wait till we sweep them again this season and Ryan reaches for excuses again at his press conference. They might have a better team on paper, but we will prevail.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Von Chahe wrote:
Although most of the time it seemed that Leon Washington was doing all the work for Jones.

Idk what team you were watching. Jones gained 1400 yards, and Washington was put on IR after not scoring once in 7 games.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:41 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

I don't know if we can be bashing the Jets too much. Miami does have the highest paid WR (potentially) in the NFL, the highest paid LB in the NFL, the highest paid O-lineman in the league, the 3rd highest paid safety in the league, the highest paid RT in the league, and overall the most money invested in their O-line in the NFL.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Phins Rock wrote:
I don't know if we can be bashing the Jets too much. Miami does have the highest paid WR (potentially) in the NFL, the highest paid LB in the NFL, the highest paid O-lineman in the league, the 3rd highest paid safety in the league, the highest paid RT in the league, and overall the most money invested in their O-line in the NFL.

Sure we can. There's never a bad time to bash the Jets.

Marshall got WR Stud money because he IS a WR stud. 3 straight 100 catch seasons. Young, big, fast and strong.
Dansby got stud LB money because he IS a stud LB...franchised both of the last two seasons and produced, didn't 'get paid and then show slack'.
Jake Long got stud OT money because they thought he was going to be a rock solid guy at LT for years. They were right so far, in spades.

This team is not cheapskate. They pay when they feel the player is worth it, they'll pay very well.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:17 pm

pawfectgent wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Sure we can. There's never a bad time to bash the Jets.

Marshall got WR Stud money because he IS a WR stud. 3 straight 100 catch seasons. Young, big, fast and strong.
Dansby got stud LB money because he IS a stud LB...franchised both of the last two seasons and produced, didn't 'get paid and then show slack'.
Jake Long got stud OT money because they thought he was going to be a rock solid guy at LT for years. They were right so far, in spades.

This team is not cheapskate. They pay when they feel the player is worth it, they'll pay very well.

Good points.

This is going to be an exciting rivarly for years to come man. I can't wait till Week 3!!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]