View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 pm



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 I still want Dez Bryant 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post I still want Dez Bryant
I know we just traded for Brandon Marshall. I know we have needs at safety, nose tackle and linebacker. I know it's not going to happen....

BUT I STILL WANT DEZ BRYANT!

Can you imagine this offense with a pair of wideouts like Marshall and Bryant with Davone Bess running around the slot?

From a pure talent standpoint, Bryant would make this offense one of the best in the AFC.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
As the Bengals, Cardinals and Lions have proved, you cannot pay 2 top-end WR's in the NFL. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be trying to get the best players possible, but a WR at #12.....ehhhh....I don't know man. We need to stick to Defense.

It would be a sick duo though.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
I think it would be sick to but.....now a days nobody wants to be Robin. And dont think Dez will either. He has been the man for so long it will hard for him to go back. I think the last real Dynamic Dueo was Carter & Moss. Look at Detroit they have been trying to have that for years with no success. Then Dallas T.O & Williams, I know Moss & Wellker. The thing there is Wellker never wanted or wants to be the MAN. But with Dez & Brandon they both will want to be Batman. Or Superman....nope thats for D.Howard & Shaq to fight over lol

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
If the biggest problem we could have with these two is trying to figure out how to pay them, I'd take that problem.

Marshall is locked in for the next 5 seasons. Bryant would be locked in for likely that long too. They would help each other in my opinion. Who are you going to double? Who are you going to game plan against? Pick your poison.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
MNDolfan wrote:
I know we just traded for Brandon Marshall. I know we have needs at safety, nose tackle and linebacker. I know it's not going to happen....

BUT I STILL WANT DEZ BRYANT!

Can you imagine this offense with a pair of wideouts like Marshall and Bryant with Davone Bess running around the slot?

From a pure talent standpoint, Bryant would make this offense one of the best in the AFC.


Football talent wise it would be awesome, though, Bess is on his 1yr extension and depending on his performance this year could stand to sign a long term semi-lucrative deal. Marshall's salary will be up there and Bryant's would too. Couple that with Dansby and then Davis and Smith not mention Long who could stand to make 9 or 10 mill next season we may be a little on the steep side of the cap.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
finfan808 wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
I know we just traded for Brandon Marshall. I know we have needs at safety, nose tackle and linebacker. I know it's not going to happen....

BUT I STILL WANT DEZ BRYANT!

Can you imagine this offense with a pair of wideouts like Marshall and Bryant with Davone Bess running around the slot?

From a pure talent standpoint, Bryant would make this offense one of the best in the AFC.


Football talent wise it would be awesome, though, Bess is on his 1yr extension and depending on his performance this year could stand to sign a long term semi-lucrative deal. Marshall's salary will be up there and Bryant's would too. Couple that with Dansby and then Davis and Smith not mention Long who could stand to make 9 or 10 mill next season we may be a little on the steep side of the cap.


What cap? There is no cap. Whether there is or not next season, we'll see.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
There is no possible way that there will not be a cap put in place once the new bargaining gets issued.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:16 pm
Posts: 70
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
I don't think that Bryant will be avaliable at pick #12, but even if he is there is no way we should take him with all the holes we need to fill on D


Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
If we want to draft another receiver, I don't think we should spend it on Bryant. Draft someone later in the draft that has the tools to succeed but costs a heckuva lot less. If we trade down in the first, we could still draft a receiver like Benn.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
Here's a video I put together on Dez...it originally was meant to celebrate Miami taking him, but then we got Marshall. Lol. Anyway, here it is.

Quality should get better in a few hours once it's fully processed...


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
Phins Rock wrote:
Here's a video I put together on Dez...it originally was meant to celebrate Miami taking him, but then we got Marshall. Lol. Anyway, here it is.

Quality should get better in a few hours once it's fully processed...


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

:yay: Nice video,and good choice of song (50cent) I workout to that same song.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
I agree on Dez Bryant. I know it's not the popular thing to do, and personally I would rather see us pick up somebody for the defensive secondary, but Dez would make our offense really explosive. He could walk right in and do everything Ginn used to do. He can be an excellent #2 receiver and he's also a great kick returner. I wouldn't be upset if we get him.
All that being said, what about this scenario to replace Ted Ginn?
We trade Justin Smiley and the 5th round pick we got for Ginn and we get Dwayne Bowe from Kansas City. Bowe and Marshall would be a dominant duo for years. What do you guys think?


Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
Wow. Is KC interested in trading Bowe? That would be a hell of a physical tandem.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
MIAcubano13 wrote:
Wow. Is KC interested in trading Bowe? That would be a hell of a physical tandem.


Considering Bowe is worse than Ginn at catching, I'd have to disagree.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
Iowafin wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:
Wow. Is KC interested in trading Bowe? That would be a hell of a physical tandem.


Considering Bowe is worse than Ginn at catching, I'd have to disagree.
Really? I don't think Bowe is worse than Ginn at catching. I've seen Bowe play and he drops the ball, but he also makes up for it and makes key catches. Bowe has won games for KC by catching the ball. Ginn has never done that for us, well only in that MNF miracle game. Bowe also can block and isn't afraid of contact. Bowe also fights for that ball when it's in the air. Not sure what games you watched of Bowe. Ginn wishes he had the career Bowe is having. Sorry but Ginn has the worst set of hands i've ever seen. Pretty sure he has 2 sets of feet.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
MIAcubano13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:
Wow. Is KC interested in trading Bowe? That would be a hell of a physical tandem.


Considering Bowe is worse than Ginn at catching, I'd have to disagree.
Really? I don't think Bowe is worse than Ginn at catching. I've seen Bowe play and he drops the ball, but he also makes up for it and makes key catches. Bowe has won games for KC by catching the ball. Ginn has never done that for us, well only in that MNF miracle game. Bowe also can block and isn't afraid of contact. Bowe also fights for that ball when it's in the air. Not sure what games you watched of Bowe. Ginn wishes he had the career Bowe is having. Sorry but Ginn has the worst set of hands i've ever seen. Pretty sure he has 2 sets of feet.


Ginn won the Bills game by catching the ball.
Bowe, however, was outplayed by another set of inconsistent hands in Chris Chambers last season, and Chambers was only there for half the season.
Yeah, Bowe is better than Ginn. But that isn't saying much.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:16 pm
Posts: 70
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
Dwaybe Bowe is a solid receiver but he's nothing special, I wouldnt give up Smiley and a 5th rounder for him.


Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 am
Posts: 2061
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
I am starting to wonder what the highest draft pick that we will get trading Smiley? Seems teams dont want to give up much, so if Ginn a former first rounder went for a 5th, what do you think is realistic for Smiley? Yeah, he could be a starter on a teams O-Line, but he has been injury prone. I sense another 5th rounder.

I think we have a very talented receiving corp and we dont need Bowe.


Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: I still want Dez Bryant
Phin wrote:
If we want to draft another receiver, I don't think we should spend it on Bryant. Draft someone later in the draft that has the tools to succeed but costs a heckuva lot less. If we trade down in the first, we could still draft a receiver like Benn.


I agree. Jacoby Ford could fill Ginns spot as the speedster. He could be available in the 3rd or 4th.


Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AQNOR, Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.