View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Parcells is known to find sleepers 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Parcells is known to find sleepers
I'd really like to see the Trifecta use a 6th or 7th rounder on a pick with real upside like this guy rather than draft another special teams linebacker for 1 season. It is one thing to value special teams, it is another to waste picks on them... it would be one thing if they stuck around, but it has been a revolving door.

Back in 2004 a college scouting service did a projected 2009 or 2008 NFL mock draft and Callahan Bright was the #1 overall pick. Things obviously did not go as planned, however, but he may still have some of what made him a 5 star recruit, though he is a risk and will be red flagged for character concerns.

In February, Andy Staples featured Callahan Bright in an article on SI.com. Bright, who played for Division II Shaw University last season, participated in North Carolina State's pro day yesterday. The 342-pound defensive tackle completed 41 reps on the bench and flashed ability during the rest of the workout. Unlikely to be selected in draft, Bright's size will attract teams and he's likely to sign a free agent contract.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:52 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Parcells is know to find sleepers
Well this kid must have some real off the field issues if no D1 school would touch him. There is a list of ex D1 players that had issues and still played and even got drafted 1-2-3-4-5-6 rounds. What did he do and can anyone find any tape on this kid?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

:war: I just thought about another guy we took a chance on like this guy. Does anybody remember that (rb) JJ pick up. Think he came from a JC school or something like that he had some off the field issues to. JJ said he played like E.Smith,low to the ground wont give you alot to hit on him,or something like that he said. The guys nick name was (Cecell the Deisell). He played in a few pre-season games and shinned, then he broke his leg in the Buffalo game. Was out hurt and got caught on a B&E felony or something to that affect. Does anybody remember him? Or am I just crazy.......dont answer that last part lol

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Here's a guy to watch out for in the 5th or 6th round. He's got Miami Dolphins sleeper pick written all over him. He's the guy I want to see us draft at NT.
JEFF OWENS - NT - Georgia
This guy fits the Bill Parcells mold for nose tackle. Remember, Parcells has never taken a nose tackle in the first round, not once. All of his guys he has snatched up late in the draft and developed. The guys the Tuna covets are built like a refrigerator and strong like an ox. Owens was only one rep away from setting the combine record on the bench press. Apparently the guy is a beast in the weight room. He's only 6'2" and 305lbs but he's stronger than both Dan Wiliams and Terrence Cody who have 30+lbs on him. This guy just screams Ferguson 2.0 if you ask me. They are almost exactly the same height/weight and they played for the same school. You can't tell me Ferguson wouldn't be mentoring this kid all season long. This guy is my pick to replace Ferguson at the nose.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

wkloiber13 wrote:
Here's a guy to watch out for in the 5th or 6th round. He's got Miami Dolphins sleeper pick written all over him. He's the guy I want to see us draft at NT.
This guy fits the Bill Parcells mold for nose tackle. Remember, Parcells has never taken a nose tackle in the first round, not once. All of his guys he has snatched up late in the draft and developed. The guys the Tuna covets are built like a refrigerator and strong like an ox. Owens was only one rep away from setting the combine record on the bench press. Apparently the guy is a beast in the weight room. He's only 6'2" and 305lbs but he's stronger than both Dan Wiliams and Terrence Cody who have 30+lbs on him. This guy just screams Ferguson 2.0 if you ask me. They are almost exactly the same height/weight and they played for the same school. You can't tell me Ferguson wouldn't be mentoring this kid all season long. This guy is my pick to replace Ferguson at the nose.

sounds good to me,there is always a late to pick at (nt) and this guy seems to fit the Bill....lol

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

sounds good to me,there is always a late to pick at (nt) and this guy seems to fit the Bill....lol

Good one! :grin:

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

But back to that (rb) I was talking about,does anybody remember this guy......its going to kill me till I find out what his name was and were we drated him. Or if he was a FA pick up,but I know it was Jimmy who brought him in........come on out there in Phin-Land help me out.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:17 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

wkloiber13 wrote:

We've been discussing the possibility of Owens for a little while too. Reports a while ago were that Parcells and Ireland were real high on him.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

We've been discussing the possibility of Owens for a little while too. Reports a while ago were that Parcells and Ireland were real high on him.

Hey commish you have to remember that (rb) Im talking about right?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 pm

John Avery??

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Whoever it is, it should be here:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/hi ... 9%26y%3d11

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:30 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:

Thanks Phins Rock,his name is Cecil Collins 5th rd 99 draft from McNeese State. Does anybody remember him now? What a bust,think Mr. Irrelevant (Bill Kenney) played more than he did. Kenney drafted 1978.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:

Thanks Phins Rock,his name is Cecil Collins 5th rd 99 draft from McNeese State. Does anybody remember him now? What a bust,think Mr. Irrelevant (Bill Kenney) played more than he did. Kenney drafted 1978.

bahahahahaha.. yup I remember him nicknamed 'the diesel' another upstanding citizen!.. arrested for burglary never to be heard from again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Coll ... ootball%29

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Callahan Bright was 5* prospect who signed with fsu and transferred to a D2 school, but still has alot of upside. Wouldn't mind giving him a look

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

:) :) :) :) :hithead: OMG. Hey Paydurt thanks for that new clipping on C.Collins,that is to funny. I was starting to think I was the only person who remembered him,what a joke he was and is. I cant believe he said he was sleep walking,then said he broke in just to watch her sleep. LMAOx2 good looking out on that clipping I got tears in my eyes,thats crap funny. :grin:

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]