Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8225
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... qbs-week-2


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4647
Location: MA.
Good thing Tanny didn't get ruined because he started last year!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
That is always a risk if they get back there and take a beating. Sherman's dink and dunk style of offense has kept him pretty healthy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5343
Location: Wellington, FL
NFLJunkie wrote:
That is always a risk if they get back there and take a beating. Sherman's dink and dunk style of offense has kept him pretty healthy.


Last year as the season went on he started moving him around more, started seeing some bootlegs, roll out and throw on the run.

Wondering if maybe Sherman is just keeping it vanilla for now. I mean we are winning games, and not needing to get creative to do so. So it limits him taking hits in space that are not really needed.
Although standing there until the DT hits him isnt wise either..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6681
Once could only hope. There were a couple of long throws in Q4 to Clay and to Wallace which were very aggressive plays. After taking the lead, he went back to bore-ball


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
NFLJunkie wrote:
Once could only hope. There were a couple of long throws in Q4 to Clay and to Wallace which were very aggressive plays. After taking the lead, he went back to bore-ball


Sometimes its a good idea to just pound the ball and kill the clock, but we didnt have very much of a lead. I'd rather see them come out aggressive and put the nail in the coffin. I'm sure they will get there in time. They still need time to gel.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
rodneyfaile wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Once could only hope. There were a couple of long throws in Q4 to Clay and to Wallace which were very aggressive plays. After taking the lead, he went back to bore-ball


Sometimes its a good idea to just pound the ball and kill the clock, but we didnt have very much of a lead. I'd rather see them come out aggressive and put the nail in the coffin. I'm sure they will get there in time. They still need time to gel.


In that last drive, they ran on 1st and 2nd and I believe picked up 2 yards. Then had a 3rd and 8 which was converted. That's a dangerous plan. If they didn't convert, they left Indy with a huge amount of time. I'd rather see a bit more aggression early


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r