View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Monday morning QB-Peter King 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Miami's big-money free agents pay off vs Indy
Peter King wrote:
My surprise team of the first eighth of the season? Miami (2-0).

All the attention in the offseason went to the big-money free agents Miami signed, and rightfully so. In the 24-20 win over the Colts and Andrew Luck Sunday, inside ‘backers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler combined for 26 tackles, and Wheeler had a key sack of Luck; wideout Mike Wallace, the formerly unhappy one, had nine catches for 115 yards and a touchdown. But remember the pass-rush stars of Week 1—which we covered in The MMQB Friday. Cameron Wake and Jared Odrick have been Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside so far, and they’ll be a tough afternoon for anyone to block. And did you notice Ryan Tannehill bested Luck Sunday? Miami has a schedule edge now, having played its first two on the road. Now we’ll see if the Dolphins are ready for prime time. They host Atlanta Sunday, go to New Orleans for a Week 4 Monday-nighter, and return home to face Baltimore. We’ll know by Sunday night of Week 5 if Miami will contend to steal the division from a weakened New England.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/16/seahawks- ... terback/2/

Quote:
Peter King's Fine 15

5. Miami (2-0). Excellent start for the Dolphins, with two road wins. Miami has had the best defense in football over the first two weeks, with nine sacks and foes completing just 53 percent of their passes. And Ryan Tannehill’s been efficient, completing 65 percent of his throws and keeping the chains moving.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Monday morning QB-Peter King

My surprise team of the first eighth of the season? Miami (2-0). All the attention in the offseason went to the big-money free agents Miami signed, and rightfully so. In the 24-20 win over the Colts and Andrew Luck Sunday, inside ‘backers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler combined for 26 tackles, and Wheeler had a key sack of Luck; wideout Mike Wallace, the formerly unhappy one, had nine catches for 115 yards and a touchdown. But remember the pass-rush stars of Week 1—which we covered in The MMQB Friday. Cameron Wake and Jared Odrick have been Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside so far, and they’ll be a tough afternoon for anyone to block. And did you notice Ryan Tannehill bested Luck Sunday? Miami has a schedule edge now, having played its first two on the road. Now we’ll see if the Dolphins are ready for prime time. They host Atlanta Sunday, go to New Orleans for a Week 4 Monday-nighter, and return home to face Baltimore. We’ll know by Sunday night of Week 5 if Miami will contend to steal the division from a weakened New England

The Fine Fifteen

5. Miami (2-0). Excellent start for the Dolphins, with two road wins. Miami has had the best defense in football over the first two weeks, with nine sacks and foes completing just 53 percent of their passes. And Ryan Tannehill’s been efficient, completing 65 percent of his throws and keeping the chains moving.

Offensive Players of the Week

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami. Others had gaudier numbers (three quarterbacks had 400-yard passing days), but Tannehill showed how much he’s maturing as a pro quarterback in pulling off the 24-20 upset at 2012 playoff team Indianapolis. He went 23 of 34 for 319 yards and a touchdown, with no interceptions. He led 58-, 80- and 69-yard touchdown drives. The No. 8 pick in the 2012 draft bested the No. 1 (Andrew Luck) in passer rating, 107.4-79.7, and on the scoreboard.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/16/seahawks- ... terback/6/

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Monday morning QB-Peter King
It's happening!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Honestly, the AFC is so bad that I don't have a problem being listed as #2 in the conference.

That said, you should probably give the benefit of the doubt to the Pats, especially since they're only getting healthier from here on out.

You can make the argument for several teams that should be ahead of us, but to me, the only team that's clearly better than us right now is Denver.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Was I the only one watching yesterday's game that was disappointed in our defense?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 am
Profile WWW

cspooner13 wrote:
Was I the only one watching yesterday's game that was disappointed in our defense?

In the 1st half yes.

They shut the door in the 2nd.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:33 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
That said, you should probably give the benefit of the doubt to the Pats, especially since they're only getting healthier from here on out.

I'm with you there. They are the reigning AFC East champs right now and are always a team that gets better as the season progresses.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

screw the Pats and Texans, neither looks very impressive so far. I'll give Denver major props though, they are my Super Bowl pick.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:56 pm

swerve13 wrote:
screw the Pats and Texans, neither looks very impressive so far. I'll give Denver major props though, they are my Super Bowl pick.

Denver looks like a juggernaut... and their defense isn't even near 100% yet.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

too much talent

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]