View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:21 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Big Win 
Author Message
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3422
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Big Win
for Miami. 2-0 on the season and 2-0 on the road.



Quote:
Rapid Reaction: Dolphins 24, Colts 20

INDIANAPOLIS -- A few thoughts on the Miami Dolphins’ 24-20 win over the Indianapolis Colts.

What it means for Dolphins: The Dolphins picked up two important road wins in the AFC in back-to-back weeks. That is quite an accomplishment, considering Miami went 2-6 on the road last year. The Dolphins already matched their road win total from last season. This was also an important showcase for second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill (319 yards, one touchdown), who beat draftmate Andrew Luck (321 yards, one touchdown, one interception) to get the win. Luck beat Tannehill and the Dolphins last season.

Stock Watch: Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace was much more involved in the offense. He had a big game, catching nine receptions for 115 yards in a touchdown. Seven of his receptions came in the first half. Last week, Wallace had just one catch for 15 yards. In terms of stock down, Miami’s pass-rush wasn’t as dominant as expected against Indianapolis’ patchwork offensive line. But the Dolphins defense sacked Luck three times, including a crucial sack on the final defensive play of the game in the fourth quarter.

Running game improved: The Dolphins had an ugly statline in Week 1. Miami rushed for 20 yards on 23 carries, which put the Dolphins dead last in the NFL. The Dolphins worked on their running game all week and showed improvement Sunday against the Colts. Miami rushed for 102 yards on 26 carries. Dolphins starting tailback Lamar Miller also contributed a 10-yard touchdown run in the first quarter. Miami tweaked it zone-blocking scheme to more of a grinding, plowing attack, which better fits its offensive line. Fullback Tyler Clutts also got more playing time and made some decent blocks. Tight end/fullback Charles Clay also ran in a touchdown.

What’s next: After opening the season with a pair of road games, the Dolphins (2-0) will return home undefeated next week for their first game at Sun Life Stadium against the Atlanta Falcons (1-1). Atlanta won its Week 2 matchup against the St. Louis Rams, and some feel the Falcons are a Super Bowl contender.


http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/ ... 4-colts-20

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Big Win
Big time win. Defense stepped up big time in the 2nd half.

Have to win 1 of these next 2 home games though.

That Monday Night game against NO....ugh. I just hope it isn't a blow out.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3816
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Big Win
Just as I said. Now the league will take notice. Accuse me of sarcasm all you want but we are the team to beat.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2432
Post Re: Big Win
That was a must win. Atlanta and the Saints are a tall order. With a win over the Ravens, the team would have weathered a tough stretch of the schedule with a winning record.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:42 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1314
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Big Win
Phins Rock wrote:
Big time win. Defense stepped up big time in the 2nd half.

Have to win 1 of these next 2 home games though.

That Monday Night game against NO....ugh. I just hope it isn't a blow out.


Don't worry Phins Rock the Saints should score enough points to keep Miami from blowing them out. :ann0y:

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:47 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: Big Win
That was the kind of game that the Dolphins used to always lose in the end.

I have loved what Philbin is doing since the first day I saw the Dolphins on Hard Knocks.

This team is good, and will be great again soon.

GO Dolphins!

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4754
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Big Win
I am sitting here thankful that Miami found a way to do enough and hang on to beat Andrew Luck and the Colts on the road. All the props for finding a way to win. I really thought that BS call on Tannehill that turned the ball over late may deflate Miami as it has done in years past, but so nice to see them stay the course!

2 road wins against two AFC Conference teams. Great stuff!


Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5878
Post Re: Big Win
Finding a way to win despite some headwind from the officiating, the road, a persistant Andrew Luck who appears to be made of stone and a less than creative offensive gameplan .... makes this team special.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1163
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Big Win
NFLJunkie wrote:
Finding a way to win despite some headwind from the officiating, the road, a persistant Andrew Luck who appears to be made of stone and a less than creative offensive gameplan .... makes this team special.


The refs were wearing me out too. Lots of contact on our receivers before the ball got to them.

But ignoring that I would like to point out that Bradshaw, Fleener, and Hilton all had better than expected games which allowed the Colts to be even more dynamic & dangerous but We. Still. Held. Them. Down!

Big Win, indeed

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:10 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6273
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Big Win
Lamar Miller looked good today and Reggie Bush already has a laundry list of injuries and was removed from the game.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6530
Post Re: Big Win
That Monday Night game against NO....ugh. I just hope it isn't a blow out.

The Saints beat the Falcons, the Bucs are giving the Saints all they can handle. WHy are you so scared of these teams?


Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6273
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Big Win
as of right now guys we look better than 80 percent of the league


Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5878
Post Re: Big Win
Falcons are almost unbeatable at home but have trouble on the road


Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5629
Post Re: Big Win
FINesse wrote:
Just as I said. Now the league will take notice. Accuse me of sarcasm all you want but we are the team to beat.


Talk like a normal person already.

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5831
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Big Win
Finhead34 wrote:
I am sitting here thankful that Miami found a way to do enough and hang on to beat Andrew Luck and the Colts on the road. All the props for finding a way to win. I really thought that BS call on Tannehill that turned the ball over late may deflate Miami as it has done in years past, but so nice to see them stay the course!

2 road wins against two AFC Conference teams. Great stuff!


I actually thought Jordan's missed sack was going to be the play that killed Miami. Thank goodness for Grimes.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1163
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Big Win
Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Just as I said. Now the league will take notice. Accuse me of sarcasm all you want but we are the team to beat.


Talk like a normal person already.


FINesse, you're like me when I'm telling everyone "Happy Monday" at work. If you say it often enough maybe it'll come true.

I do hope we can stay under the radar though. I like being stealth

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Middleboro, MA
Post Re: Big Win
Steve Zissou wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Just as I said. Now the league will take notice. Accuse me of sarcasm all you want but we are the team to beat.


Talk like a normal person already.


FINesse, you're like me when I'm telling everyone "Happy Monday" at work. If you say it often enough maybe it'll come true.

I do hope we can stay under the radar though. I like being stealth


If the Phins beat the Falcons next week then there's no way they will still be under the radar.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5878
Post Re: Big Win
Yeah maybe so but the only post game show that made a big deal of Miami being 2-0 was the one with Marino....I watched 2 others that simply ran the highlights but no commentary


Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3411
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Big Win
That's fine. I don't mind not being taken serious by our opponents until we get through the Monday game.

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6273
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Big Win
jammer wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
I am sitting here thankful that Miami found a way to do enough and hang on to beat Andrew Luck and the Colts on the road. All the props for finding a way to win. I really thought that BS call on Tannehill that turned the ball over late may deflate Miami as it has done in years past, but so nice to see them stay the course!

2 road wins against two AFC Conference teams. Great stuff!


I actually thought Jordan's missed sack was going to be the play that killed Miami. Thank goodness for Grimes.

yup, he got bailed out. That was some weak stuff from the rook.


Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.