View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I knew the Patriots would not be as good this year 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post I knew the Patriots would not be as good this year
The only thing saving them right now is the NFL scheduled a bunch of cream puff opponents in the first month for them. IMO if they had played 2 playoff caliber teams the past 2 weeks they would be 0-2 right now. And next up another layup, Tampa.

Tom Brady looks lost without Welker, Hernandez and Gronk. Amendola has already proved he's the same injury prone player he's always been. These mid round rookie receivers are nothing special either.
Too bad we don't play them right now.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: I knew the Patriots would not be as good this year
They needed 4 turnovers to win that game last night. Brady looks frustrated for sure.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
They needed 4 turnovers to win that game last night. Brady looks frustrated for sure.

very, very close to being 0-2. And they didn't play any good teams yet.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

While we're on the subject, Gino Smith blows too.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm glad he's in our division. :grin:

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:35 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Everyone in the NFL was scratching their heads about Belichick's wide receiver moves this past offseason ... except for Belichick. I'm glad that he's getting too full of himself.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Everyone in the NFL was scratching their heads about Belichick's wide receiver moves this past offseason ... except for Belichick. I'm glad that he's getting too full of himself.

exactly Dave, believes his own hype. Kenbrell who? their core looks like ours when we had Chris Hogan and Roberto Wallace.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How about Gates dropping easy catches last night.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:54 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Clyde the Glide!!!!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:56 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
How about Gates dropping easy catches last night.

Do you mean the one that Philben cut last year despite Ireland's objections?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

:)

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:01 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
While we're on the subject, Gino Smith blows too.

He played about as well as Brady did.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:05 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

I kept saying , while it is not a great division , it is our to lose. We are the new class of it & in a few weeks the rest of the league & the so called experts will realize it also.
We will now plow thru the so called rough part of the schedule.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

amazing stat, the Patriots targeted the tight ends zero times last night.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

No question that I agree that the Patriots finally looked mortal and beatable last night, but I refuse to get ahead of myself as the Patriots are still dangerous. They could have easily put up 2-3 more touchdowns last night if not for missed timing and with Brady, I can almost assure you that the timing between him and his receivers will get better as the season goes.

Personally, I will not get pulled into thinking that the Pats aren't very good. However, they struggled and as bad as everyone makes the Jets out to be, their defense is not a slouch. Interdivision games are always tough.

So the "struggling" Patriots still found a way to walk away 2-0.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:58 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You guys are kidding yourselves. They won't be as good as last year but they will be good enough to beat us. Most of what you saw last night was miscues between a vet qb and a young/new receiving corp. Once they get on the same page, they will look much improved from last night. Brady is still Brady and the Pats are still the Pats. They've lost some no doubt, but last night was about as low is it will get for them this year.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 am

Phin wrote:
You guys are kidding yourselves. They won't be as good as last year but they will be good enough to beat us. Most of what you saw last night was miscues between a vet qb and a young/new receiving corp. Once they get on the same page, they will look much improved from last night. Brady is still Brady and the Pats are still the Pats. They've lost some no doubt, but last night was about as low is it will get for them this year.

Right on.

By the time they play us, they'll have Amendola and Gronk back. That's a completely different team then what we saw last night.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Right on.

By the time they play us, they'll have Amendola and Gronk back. That's a completely different team then what we saw last night.

This is a long season. People have to be careful about what they draw from it so early on, especially with that team. For as underwhelming as they have been, they're still 2-0 and it'll get interesting once they get healthier on offense.

That being said, it still amazes me how little they spent on the WR positions given that Brady didn't take as much money as he could've so that they could add pieces.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

By the time they play us, they'll have Amendola and Gronk back

Yeah, they have such a propensity for staying healthy....

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Am I missing something here? Most of you guys are saying that Patriots will easily beat Miami?

Did you watch the same last two Patriot games that I did? They were God-awful last night in particular, and against the worst team in the NFL.

I'm usually the negative one, but after seeing the zero chemistry between Brady and his recievers, I can't see the Patriots beating any decent teams in the NFL this year. Now, Miami may not be a decent team so you might be right that Miami may lose to them.

But, to say that the Patriots will beat any real contenders this year, that may not happen. If people are saying that Patriosts lost because they didn't one injured dude, Gronkowski, then they didn't really see all the various problems last night.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:21 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

But, to say that the Patriots will beat any real contenders this year, that may not happen. If people are saying that Patriosts lost because they didn't one injured dude, Gronkowski, then they didn't really see all the various problems last night.

Rick, as I posted before, the Pats looked mortal and beatable, however, they are missing some key players who will be back, they also missed on a lot of easy opportunities last night and rest assure it was sloppy and Brady will clean that up as the season goes on.

Right now, Miami IMO needs to win games and show that they can beat elite teams and quite frankly New England has had our number for so long that the only way to get that monkey off our back is to beat them.

Pats are 2-0 and still a dangerous team, so don't let one interdivision sloppy game fool you is my thoughts.

However, all the above being said, it is nice to see the Pats LOOK beatable. I hope we can find a way to sweep them this year as that is LONG AWAITED!!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

more surprised about that defense...sucked at home vs a bad offensive team..they gave up 130 rushing..had some sacks but most of that was on geno

brady average 4.7 yards per throw for a 71 qb rating and they couldn't run the ball for nothing.....they have alot of injury prone guys on that team imo

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:39 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Finhead, good point. I see what you were saying. I'm just hoping the horrible lack of chemistry of the Patriots offense lasts all season. That would be the sweetest thing to watch ever.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:14 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I think that is the most visibly frustrated I have seen Tom Brady in a long time. Michael Irvin gave him a hard time about and I can understand what Irvin was saying. The Patriots have a very young group of WR's, and they struggled.

You being the Pro Bowl QB need to have patience, but he did not and was very demonstrative on the sideline.

You just had the impression that there was some friction between Wes Welker and Bellichik, so it was not a HUGE surprise when they let Welker walk. That said, while Amendola is a solid WR, he has always been injury prone.

Will the Patriots be better once they get Amendola and Gronk back, no doubt. Miami has got to get better on the OL and better in the run game.

Will this Patriot team be as good as they were last year, I don't think so, but time will tell. I do believe Miami is a better team though. Should be a very interesting game by the time the to teams play.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Last edited by Kev1321 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
I think that is the most visibly frustrated I have seen Tom Brady in a long time. Michael Irvin gave him a hard time about and I can understand what Irvin was saying. The Patriots have a very young group of WR's, and they struggled.

You being the Pro Bowl QB need to have patience, but he did not and was very demonstrative on the sideline.

You just had the impression that there was some friction between Wes Welker and Bellichik, so it was not a HUGE surprise when they let Welker walk. That said, while Amendola is a solid WR, he has always been injury prone.

Will the Patriots be better once they get Amendola and Gronk back, no doubt. Miami has got to get better on the OL and better in the run game.

Will this Patriot team be as good as they were last year, I don't think so, but time will tell. I do believe Miami is a better team though. Should be a very interesting game by the time the to teams play.

Was Dan Marino ever patient with his receivers? :ann0y:

I agree, it's the most frustrated I've ever seen Brady. This is 2006 all over again. Difference is Brady is way more demonstrative at this point in his career.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

pissy, pissy Marsha Brady

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

swerve13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I'm frustrated too. If this had been Miami struggling out of the gate, they would've face the two previous superbowl contenders from the prior season. The Patriots catch a break by playing two of the weaker teams in the NFL. I wish Miami played them next week....they'd get trashed.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Personally, I like the fire Brady had. It is inexcusable for guys to not remember their plays, run wrong routes, not go all out or not be on the same page on a defensive scheme read that Brady expects you to be in a certain spot.

Marino was VERY fiery too and expected a lot and these young receivers will shape up for Brady versus coddling them that is for certain.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:10 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Finhead34 wrote:
Personally, I like the fire Brady had. It is inexcusable for guys to not remember their plays, run wrong routes, not go all out or not be on the same page on a defensive scheme read that Brady expects you to be in a certain spot.

Marino was VERY fiery too and expected a lot and these young receivers will shape up for Brady versus coddling them that is for certain.

That fine and dandy, but these are 1st year WR seeing defenses they have never seen before, trying to get on the same page with Brady and what he is seeing.

The one thing that would drive me crazy and I am sure it did Brady, was the dropped passes.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I'm frustrated too. If this had been Miami struggling out of the gate, they would've face the two previous superbowl contenders from the prior season. The Patriots catch a break by playing two of the weaker teams in the NFL. I wish Miami played them next week....they'd get trashed.

I almost think the NFL went easy on their favorite team knowing full well they'd be without Gronk and working with new receivers. Now they get the feared Buccaneers next.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

With ten days rest

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Tough to decide if they are actually that bad, or is it the Div game aspect...

They get another easy one next vs Tampa, then a road trip to Atlanta.. The Atl game is where I think we will really see what they are made of, if they cant keep up with scoring they are in serious trouble.

Tough games for them are ATL, Cicni, NO, Den, Hous and us twice.

We still need to win games and not hope they lose them tho....

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I watched both games...his WRs aren't on the same page. Clyde Gates blew chunks in that game last night

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:58 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

NFLJunkie wrote:
I watched both games...his WRs aren't on the same page. Clyde Gates blew chunks in that game last night

Michael Irvin said after the game last night that the Jets should CUT Gates. Several Times.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:28 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I wouldn't count the Patriots out. I have a feeling they'll add another receiver or two. In the meantime, they need to simplify that offense.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dante Stallworth or Randy Moss Dion Branch?

Oh well atleast the Jets lost :jests:

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
I wouldn't count the Patriots out. I have a feeling they'll add another receiver or two. In the meantime, they need to simplify that offense.

been reported that they contacted Lloyd but he said no.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Way to go Lloyd! Tell them to eff off! Time for them to learn they can't treat people like garbage.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:00 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Clyde Gates blew chunks in that game last night

In that game? Every game!

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Patriots definitely look vulnerable this year. But even though they looked bad in both games they won both games against division opponents and sit at 2-0. It doesn't matter if you win by 20 points or 1 point a win is a win. Playing a 16 game schedule is like a long distance run instead of a sprint. By the time Miami plays New England they will have Amendola and Gronkowski back. Miami really needs to win this weekend to keep pace.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next