View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Officials 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Officials
Only because they're my favorite dummies during the season. Two calls early....

1. Nolan Carrolls pick should've been spotted at the 20. He was in the endzone when he was touched. The previous contact happened prior to the interception.
2. The fumble that was ruled an incomplete pass...WR took 2 steps and actually made the move of tucking the ball when he was stripped.
Finally - Did it seem to anyone else the refs were way too eager to call a penalty against Miami. In any case, Miami won so no harm no foul but I sure would love to see a little home cooking when they play in S. Florida.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:10 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Officials
I was livid that the ball wasn't spotted at the 20 on Carroll's INT.

What fumble/incompletion are you talking about? I remember one to Benjamin, but that was a clear incompletion/drop I thought.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
I was livid that the ball wasn't spotted at the 20 on Carroll's INT.

What fumble/incompletion are you talking about? I remember one to Benjamin, but that was a clear incompletion/drop I thought.

I just rewatched it. He caught it with one foot on the ground, tucked it as he took a step and then before the 3rd step he is stripped. He had possession, two feet on the ground and made a football move (tuck) = completion and fumble. But it was not challengeable because they blew it dead.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Agree...Also they made us use replay on a blown call that was fixed but still had to use it.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:15 pm

I loved the personal foul call on Miami for a facemask...oh wait...its on Cleveland..lol

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

There were a lot of blown calls this week league-wide, not just in this game.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

As I'm watching the game again there was also the ref who said Grimes didn't touch the TE ... replay clearly showed otherwise. They went on to get the TD but it was funny to watcn honetheless.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

1. Nolan Carrolls pick should've been spotted at the 20. He was in the endzone when he was touched. The previous contact happened prior to the interception.
2. The fumble that was ruled an incomplete pass...WR took 2 steps and actually made the move of tucking the ball when he was stripped.
Finally - Did it seem to anyone else the refs were way too eager to call a penalty against Miami. In any case, Miami won so no harm no foul but I sure would love to see a little home cooking when they play in S. Florida.

I love it when people complain about the officials. Why people expect officials to always be perfect is something I've never understood. They are human also. No one here is perfect, so STOP expecting others to be.

There is no conspiracy to called penalties against Miami.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I love it when people complain about the officials. Why people expect officials to always be perfect is something I've never understood. They are human also. No one here is perfect, so STOP expecting others to be.

There is no conspiracy to called penalties against Miami.

A guy can't even post criticisms about the refs on here without someone getting all serious. Sheez. I just posted some obvious stuff. They could've called Carroll for PI on one play. They also called holding on Cousins who was actually our 12th defender on the field, which called a TD back late in the game. Peace D4me. :youwin:

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
\
A guy can't even post criticisms about the refs on here without someone getting all serious. Sheez. I just posted some obvious stuff. They could've called Carroll for PI on one play. They also called holding on Cousins who was actually our 12th defender on the field, which called a TD back late in the game.

Its the same every year. If a team is waiting for the refs to win the game for them by not making the wrong call, then they are not doing enough to win it themselves. Missed calls both ways. Its just most never see or remember the ones the benefit them.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:35 am

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
\
A guy can't even post criticisms about the refs on here without someone getting all serious. Sheez. I just posted some obvious stuff. They could've called Carroll for PI on one play. They also called holding on Cousins who was actually our 12th defender on the field, which called a TD back late in the game.

Its the same every year. If a team is waiting for the refs to win the game for them by not making the wrong call, then they are not doing enough to win it themselves. Missed calls both ways. Its just most never see or remember the ones the benefit them.

You're somewhat right. Officials play a large part. A holding penalty on a TD is huge and can swing the outcome of a game. Years ago, any close call would go the way of the home team. For whatever reason, Miami seems to be on the wrong side of those calls more often than not. In 2008, the offense overcame a lot of those calls. I noticed yesterday that RT and the offense picked up an awful lot of 3rd and long plays ... some due to penalty. So maybe they're back to getting over the hump.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
You're somewhat right. Officials play a large part. A holding penalty on a TD is huge and can swing the outcome of a game. Years ago, any close call would go the way of the home team. For whatever reason, Miami seems to be on the wrong side of those calls more often than not. In 2008, the offense overcame a lot of those calls. I noticed yesterday that RT and the offense picked up an awful lot of 3rd and long plays ... some due to penalty. So maybe they're back to getting over the hump.

Personally, I think every call should be challengeable. As you said. A holding penalty on a TD is huge. Why shouldn't a coach be able to challenge it? Its a cop out to say its a judgement call. Aren't all calls judgement calls?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Personally, I think every call should be challengeable. As you said. A holding penalty on a TD is huge. Why shouldn't a coach be able to challenge it? Its a cop out to say its a judgement call. Aren't all calls judgement calls?

I agree....they only get two challenges per half, let them use them to challenge any play

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

if you win a challange you should not be penalized by not being able to challange another bad call...

there should be a ref upstairs that can fix things on his own..we at home see multiple veiws before the red flag hits the ground....

i use to be all for instant replay (miami sd. playoff game)but after watching how bad they screw them up anyway i would rather just do away with the waste of time it has turned into...

the tuck rule is a disgrace...

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]