Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12066
Location: Raleigh, NC
Adam Beasley wrote:
Talks between NFL teams and Vonta Leach have heated up in recent days, the Miami Herald has learned, and Philbin is said to want a deal done by the end of the week.

Leach, an All-Pro Bowl fullback, has been on the free agent market since the Baltimore Ravens cut him early last week. He visited the Dolphins during last week’s minicamp but left for home without a deal in place.

If signed, Leach would assumedly become the starting — and possibly only — fullback on a Dolphins offense that struggled in short-yardage situations a year ago. He has drawn interest from multiple teams.


Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/20/3 ... rylink=cpy

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:52 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
We all want him signed by the end of the week... c'mon Jeff work that magic!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5358
Location: Wellington, FL
Whos Philben?
:fart:


I dont know that coach is saying it in the fashion of "we need to get this guy"

IMO its a nudge to say, sign or the offer is off the table, hes not wanting to be part of a positioning piece for a guy to maximize his value..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
IamPZ wrote:
We all want him signed by the end of the week... c'mon Jeff work that magic!




Yes Sir........ :runwiththeball:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
Reportd are saying Leach and the Dolphins are very close to striking a deal

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Well, it is the end of the week.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
rodneyfaile wrote:
Well, it is the end of the week.


AND THE HEAT ARE 2013 NBA CHAMPS BACK TO BACK. Lol sorry yall, I had to.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12066
Location: Raleigh, NC
Well, if they want him signed then the Dolphins need to up their offer. I don't think he'll get what he made last year (which is probably what he is shooting for at minimum), so, he'll probably wait until the maxiimum offers from teams hit a peak.

Quote:
Austin from N.C. writes: Is Vontae Leach going to sign with Miami already or what?!

ESPN's James Walker: Leach is going to take his time to make a decision, Austin. He has several suitors, which is good news for him and bad news for Miami. The Dolphins are definitely interested. They hosted Leach for a visit recently. However, it’s going to come down to money and fit, and I’m not sure Miami is the favorite when you combine the two.


http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... triots-tes

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Maybe not the character guy we want?? I mean Wallace tool less to play here , Hartline took less to stay here , all the other guys we signed have contracts that are friendly to the team as well. Bottom line is if he wants to continue winning rings he will sign here. If he wants only the most money he wont. The Giants are not likely to cave to him although it looks like they will up their offer. Not sure about the Texans because it seems he is interested in them from reports but we will win a super bowl before the Giants win their next & before Houston wins their first.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5597
Location: Houston, Texas
Leach has a strong tie to the Texans. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs there.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12066
Location: Raleigh, NC
FINesse wrote:
Maybe not the character guy we want?? I mean Wallace tool less to play here , Hartline took less to stay here , all the other guys we signed have contracts that are friendly to the team as well.


Well, the NY Daily News posted an article saying that the Giants are thinking about upper their offer from the minimum salary deal they offered him. It sounds as if a lot of teams want this Pro Bowler for a bargain price. I'd wait it out, too, for a fairer offer. I don't think he is that desperate to just sign with anyone.


Finhead34 wrote:
Leach has a strong tie to the Texans. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs there.


I heard that, too, but keep in mind that he played with the Texans when Sherman was the OC there. He followed Sherman from Green Bay where Sherman was the head coach. He also played for the Philben/Sherman combo at Green Bay.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
FINesse wrote:
Maybe not the character guy we want?? I mean Wallace tool less to play here , Hartline took less to stay here , all the other guys we signed have contracts that are friendly to the team as well. Bottom line is if he wants to continue winning rings he will sign here. If he wants only the most money he wont. The Giants are not likely to cave to him although it looks like they will up their offer. Not sure about the Texans because it seems he is interested in them from reports but we will win a super bowl before the Giants win their next & before Houston wins their first.


Since when has being a "character guy" related to taking less than market value for a team that you have never played for???!?

And while I love the Dolphins and believe we are (finally) headed in the right direction, I'm not sure how you can make a statement like....

Quote:
if he wants to continue winning rings he will sign here.


The Dolphins have a long way to go before anyone can reasonably start making that statement.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
Miami needs to get this DONE. The Ravens are keeping an eye on how things go and would love to swoop in and keep him.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 91
Location: Canada
Adam Shefter wrote:
It will be a major upset if former Ravens FB Vonta Leach winds up anywhere other than Miami. Dolphins want him too much.


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12066
Location: Raleigh, NC
phinsfansc wrote:
Miami needs to get this DONE. The Ravens are keeping an eye on how things go and would love to swoop in and keep him.


Yep, they are checking out his market value and will match it. We've done this in the past as do other teams. Most players want to resign with their former teams. Unfortunately, if I were Leach, I wouldn't be to giving to the Ravens. They waited until everyone had spent all their money in free agency before releasing him.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
degs wrote:
Since when has being a "character guy" related to taking less than market value for a team that you have never played for???!?


Marc, you're not up on his played out schtick yet.

He's being sarcastic... and it's time for another routine.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5597
Location: Houston, Texas
Leach really is a beast at fullback and can really take care of linebackers and blitzes as well as plowing open holes for Miller. Hopefully, when this is all said and done, Miami will land him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Not that I have to jusrify it but what I meant was that all the signings this off season has been either quick or team friendly or both. This guys seems to be playing teams for more money. While there is nothing wrong with that it clearly is what the team has managed to avoid thus far and might not want to play his game. As for anything else , i got hammered for being a pesimist. Now I get hammered for being an optimist. I will just consider the source.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
FINesse wrote:
Now I get hammered for being an optimist.


Funny guy.

You getting hammered for being an optimist would be like Tiger Woods getting hammered for being monogamous...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
Rich wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Now I get hammered for being an optimist.


Funny guy.

You getting hammered for being an optimist would be like Tiger Woods getting hammered for being monogamous...



Tru Dat.....

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Quote:
You getting hammered for being an optimist would be like Tiger Woods getting hammered for being monogamous...


or Dan Marino?

(Is that better)

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
FINesse wrote:
..... i got hammered for being a pesimist. Now I get hammered for being an optimist. I will just consider the source.


Life is too short. Just be yourself.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 91
Location: Canada
Jason LaCanfora wrote:
Talks ongoing between the Dolphins and Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach. They remain in the lead to land him.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:08 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Man, this deal still isn't done. I haven't had internet for about a week, I figured I'd come back and see some good news here.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:23 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1865
Location: Lakeland, Fl
This article says Miami hasn't offered Leach a contract yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daMhg?utm_ ... i-dolphins

"According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have yet to formally offer Leach a contract despite mutual interest from both sides. The two sides have only spoke in general terms about a contract up to this point."

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 91
Location: Canada
Quote:
Vonta Leach will make more money if he returns to the Ravens than if he opts for a change of scenery and accepts what the Giants have offered him. There’s not much more time to play with, though, as the Giants report to training camp Friday.

The Giants have an offer on the table for the fullback, but it’s believed to be for one year and the veteran minimum.

“Still status quo with Giants,’’ a source with knowledge of Leach’s status told The Post yesterday. “Wish they had more cap room.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/g ... lKBjI7PXUN

1 year? Veteran mininum? According to his agent, he prefers to play for the Dolphins for that kind of money...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12066
Location: Raleigh, NC
StereoMike wrote:
Quote:
Vonta Leach will make more money if he returns to the Ravens than if he opts for a change of scenery and accepts what the Giants have offered him. There’s not much more time to play with, though, as the Giants report to training camp Friday.

The Giants have an offer on the table for the fullback, but it’s believed to be for one year and the veteran minimum.

“Still status quo with Giants,’’ a source with knowledge of Leach’s status told The Post yesterday. “Wish they had more cap room.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/g ... lKBjI7PXUN

1 year? Veteran mininum? According to his agent, he prefers to play for the Dolphins for that kind of money...


The Ravens have offered a little more than minimum and the Giants have offered minimum. I just don't get it. He's the best FB in the game and he hasn't shown signs of decline even though he's 32. In the last 4 years he's went from the 27th best FB, to the 4th best FB, and finished #1 the past two years. Last year was his best year. So, let's all lowball the best FB in the game.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9458
Location: Fargo, ND
And he scores the first touchdown/points of the season. :-\


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
....and a nice block for Ray rice on his TD run.

Too much Peyton Manning for the Ravens though!

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
Seeing as the Dolphins cut a hybird FB/TE in Rodriguez to sign a traditional FB, I'm scratching my head at the thought of missing out on Leach if a traditional FB is who they wanted all along.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
....and a nice block for Ray rice on his TD run.

Too much Peyton Manning for the Ravens though!


That about sums it up. Leach is a beast. I thought we were going to sign him by the end of the week ... that was about 6 weeks ago! I guess he was leaning towards the Ravens all along??
Being that everyone wants to play here I wonder why we couldn't make it happen.

And yes ... Peyton just got into a unstoppable groove after the half.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:37 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9458
Location: Fargo, ND
Was the new look Baltimore defense that bad last night, or is Manning and cast that good?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8233
Manning was done 2 years ago, I'm so glad we didn't go after him.... :hithead:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
Phin wrote:
Was the new look Baltimore defense that bad last night, or is Manning and cast that good?


The Ravens lost two 1st ballot hall of famers and a terrific pass rusher.

They replaced those guys with a mediocre safety, a former linebacker for the Jags and an undersized pass rusher.

The only guy that measures up is Dumervil, Huff is garbage and their new ILB is a nice player, but no Ray Lewis.

The middle of that defense is quite shreddable now.

And on offense, Flacco hardly has anyone to throw to. Gonna be hard to repeat for the Ravens.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
TommyNoleFin wrote:
Seeing as the Dolphins cut a hybird FB/TE in Rodriguez to sign a traditional FB, I'm scratching my head at the thought of missing out on Leach if a traditional FB is who they wanted all along.


Who knows. At the time perhaps they thought they were okay and didn't need to overpay for Leach. After the Keller injury and the merry-go-round at TE they figured it best to get a consistent blocker in there for short yardage plays.

Maybe they thought Lane would step up and it never panned out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
Was the new look Baltimore defense that bad last night, or is Manning and cast that good?


The Ravens lost two 1st ballot hall of famers and a terrific pass rusher.

They replaced those guys with a mediocre safety, a former linebacker for the Jags and an undersized pass rusher.

The only guy that measures up is Dumervil, Huff is garbage and their new ILB is a nice player, but no Ray Lewis.

The middle of that defense is quite shreddable now.

And on offense, Flacco hardly has anyone to throw to. Gonna be hard to repeat for the Ravens.


I thought Marlon Brown did a good job of filling in. He really has to work on his separation, but for an undrafted rookie to come in and put up 4 catches for 65 yards and a score off the bench is pretty darn good.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
IamPZ wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phin wrote:
Was the new look Baltimore defense that bad last night, or is Manning and cast that good?


The Ravens lost two 1st ballot hall of famers and a terrific pass rusher.

They replaced those guys with a mediocre safety, a former linebacker for the Jags and an undersized pass rusher.

The only guy that measures up is Dumervil, Huff is garbage and their new ILB is a nice player, but no Ray Lewis.

The middle of that defense is quite shreddable now.

And on offense, Flacco hardly has anyone to throw to. Gonna be hard to repeat for the Ravens.


I thought Marlon Brown did a good job of filling in. He really has to work on his separation, but for an undrafted rookie to come in and put up 4 catches for 65 yards and a score off the bench is pretty darn good.


He did a nice job yes... but against a weak Denver secondary without Champ Bailey and missing their 2nd best corner for stretches of the game.

Flacco is going to face tougher defenses than what he faced last night.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Phin wrote:
Was the new look Baltimore defense that bad last night, or is Manning and cast that good?


I pondered the same question last night on Facebook.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
we're gonna beat baltimore week 4


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r