View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Deadspin: Why your team sucks - 2013 Miami Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Deadspin: Why your team sucks - 2013 Miami Dolphins
Quote:
Your team: Miami Dolphins

Your 2012 record: 7-9. Wow, they won seven games? That's actually kind of impressive.

Your coach: Joe Philbin, who looks like a lobbyist for the corn industry. Your offensive coordinator is Mike Sherman. If your passing game is clicking, Mike Sherman will run. If your running game is clicking, Mike Sherman will pass. And if both are clicking, Mike Sherman will elect to punt. Keeps the defense on their toes. I can't imagine how much collective sleep Dolphins players get in meetings whenever Sherman and Philbin take the mic.

Please note that the Dolphins have changed their uniforms this season. They now look like a team from a videogame that forgot to secure licensing rights from NFL Properties. It's South Florida versus Boston in the Big Game, only on Sega Pro Football!

Your quarterback: Ryan Tannehill, who takes over the BRO I'D CRUSH HIS WIFE BRO mantle now that Brodie Croyle is out of football. Andrew Luck and RG3 were both historically great rookie quarterbacks. And then there's Tannehill, the kind of quarterback who gets drafted in the first round because a team needs a quarterback and reaches for one because they're terrified of not finding one in the second or third round. So... YAY.

Tannehill finished last season on a "hot streak," if you count throwing four touchdowns against Buffalo and Jacksonville a hot streak (I do not). He also lost his best running back and his left tackle this offseason. And his new tight end (who kinda sucked) is out for the year. WHAT A BRIGHT FUTURE THIS YOUNG MAN HAS.

Your fantasy player everyone will hate: Mike Wallace. The Dolphins handed Wallace $30 million in guarantees this offseason. That's $30 million for a dude who couldn't even break 1,000 yards last season. He tanked BEFORE he got his contract, DeSean Jackson-style. Not since Albert Haynesworth has the entire world seen a free agent bust coming from so far away. I expect Wallace to order a pizza on the field by Week 4.

Why your team sucks: $146 million. That's how much the Dolphins spent collectively this offseason on free agent contracts. And yet, does anything about this team strike fear in your heart? At least when the Eagles splurged for Jason Babin and Nnamdi a couple years back, they gave off the illusion of vast improvement. Never has one team spent so much to remain so thoroughly underwhelming.

Here are the players that are costing Miami all that money: Wallace (sucks), WR Brandon Gibson (a Rams castoff, sucks), CB Brent Grimes (coming off a torn Achilles), Keller (already done for the year), WR Brian Hartline (poor man's Brandon Stokely who is himself a poor man's Wes Welker), LB Dannell Ellerbe (proto-typical Super Bowl participant free agent cashing in), SS Chris Clemons, and backup QB Matt Moore (TRIPLE sucks). That's what $146 million bought you, Dolphins fans. Add up those seven players and you roughly 1/12th the physical ability of LeBron James. That's a hefty price to pay to get skullfucked by New England for the next four years.

Why your team doesn't suck: Oh my God, the Jets and Bills are #@&% disasters. Compared to them, the Dolphins look like the Yankees. Sometimes, it's nice to know you can't possibly be the worst. You can be bad, but at least Jeff Tuel won't be deployed.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks ... 1214426912

Man I'm sorry but the first paragraph about Philbin and Sherman is hilarious.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:59 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Deadspin: Why your team sucks - 2013 Miami Dolphins
It was actually an entertaining read. Of course, I see improvement on many levels of this team over last year's team except for the OL and TE. Those are considerable weaknesses in my opinion, but at least the OL seems to be steadily improving. I'd like to see them tested by a good pass rushing defense, but against a stiff TB defense last week they did open up some nice holes at times.

Dead Spin wrote:
Please note that the Dolphins have changed their uniforms this season. They now look like a team from a videogame that forgot to secure licensing rights from NFL Properties.

That's kind of how I feel about the new uniforms. Too plain. I can live with the new logo though.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Quote:
Why your team sucks: $146 million. That's how much the Dolphins spent collectively this offseason on free agent contracts. And yet, does anything about this team strike fear in your heart? ......Never has one team spent so much to remain so thoroughly underwhelming.

LOL its funny and sad all at once

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Your coach: Joe Philbin, who looks like a lobbyist for the corn industry.

:) :) :)

That was a random comment, but funny!!

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:47 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

This had me rolling:

Quote:
7) Mercury Morris, because f*** him

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
BRO I'D CRUSH HIS WIFE BRO
great read.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Gee, I never see the media write bad things about this team

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Omg, that is absolutely hilarious.. I'm dying over here laughing!! :)

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Reasons why our team sucks. As a junior in high school, I was extremely certain i had the perfect guy picked out to draft and groom as the heir apparrent to Marino. He was a one year starter in Div. I-AA. In eighteen years since then our professional scouting department hasn't drafted anyone of that caliber, at any position. (And the guy went undrafted.)

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]