Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4643
Location: MA.
It could be worse......The Patriots just dumped the 33rd pick in the 2011 draft....Another early round bust!

Rasi Dowling


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8223
The Pats draft like crap, but they have Brady, nuff said.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
To be fair... we traded up to get Lamar Miller in the 4th round of last years draft and he's now our starting RB... so we are getting some impact... albeit not right away... but at least they're progressing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
IamPZ wrote:
To be fair... we traded up to get Lamar Miller in the 4th round of last years draft and he's now our starting RB... so we are getting some impact... albeit not right away... but at least they're progressing.


Did he really earn it though? They let Reggie walk (which I still think is a major mistake) and now he's still sharing carries with Daniel freakin' Thomas.

I don't think that's the kind of "impact" we're talking about. Get us 1,300 yards and 10 TD's and we're talking impact.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Rock Sexton wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
To be fair... we traded up to get Lamar Miller in the 4th round of last years draft and he's now our starting RB... so we are getting some impact... albeit not right away... but at least they're progressing.


Did he really earn it though? They let Reggie walk (which I still think is a major mistake) and now he's still sharing carries with Daniel freakin' Thomas.

I don't think that's the kind of "impact" we're talking about. Get us 1,300 yards and 10 TD's and we're talking impact.


C'mon... you've seen the preseason games... is he REALLY sharing carries with Daniel Thomas?

I feel the whole Thomas fiasco is just Ireland pushing Philbin to cover up his obvious mistake.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11227
Location: Lancaster, PA
He outplayed Reggie last year, Bush isn't a true runningback in the NFL, never was. And he's defenitely not much of a zone runner. He dances too much.

Watch how the Lions use him this year. That's how he's best utilized. Sproles-role.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
swerve13 wrote:
He outplayed Reggie last year, Bush isn't a true runningback in the NFL, never was. And he's defenitely not much of a zone runner. He dances too much.

Watch how the Lions use him this year. That's how he's best utilized. Sproles-role.


Outplayed him in his meager amount of appearances? LOL

Way to extrapolate a small sample size. I'll admit that his skillset as a pure runner "could" become better than Reggie, but he's yet to show that. Again, the conversation is about "impact" and no we haven't felt any yet from Miller.

IamPZ wrote:
C'mon... you've seen the preseason games... is he REALLY sharing carries with Daniel Thomas?

I feel the whole Thomas fiasco is just Ireland pushing Philbin to cover up his obvious mistake.


Well you're free to feel that way .... however we have no proof of that. If Lamar Miller were making an "impact", there wouldn't be any competition. I mean c'mon, Ireland's gonna sit there taking carries away from a guy who "supposedly" has already made a huge impression on us? Uh no. I mean Ireland once cut Clyde Gates after two seasons.

We know the guy still hasn't become efficient in pass block, which makes him a liability on 3rd downs. He's not exactly a great receiving threat either. He's a one-dimensional back right now. This is one guy that needs to step the f- up.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4643
Location: MA.
C Cleveland is going to be without Mingo for the 1st game by the looks...Could you imagine if Jordan didn't play the 1st game...The B word would be out and Firelands website would be back up...

The media is funny when it comes to this team....Billycheat has them eating from his hand


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Kev1321 wrote:
C Cleveland is going to be without Mingo for the 1st game by the looks...Could you imagine if Jordan didn't play the 1st game...The B word would be out and Firelands website would be back up...

The media is funny when it comes to this team....Billycheat has them eating from his hand


The media doesn't care about a city like Cleveland in the grand scheme of things. I still don't see this rabid aggression towards the Dolphins that some of you guys complain about. It just appears that way because you're always looking at stories about the Dolphins. We've lost quite a bit of appeal nationwide over the years.

Regardless, you're not making a very good comparison. Mingo got hurt in a preseason game with a deep lung bruise. We DRAFTED an already injured player. Hence the second guessing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4643
Location: MA.
No, there is no comparison

Quote:
Mingo, the No. 6 overall pick, is slated to serve as a rotational rusher behind Paul Kruger and Jabaal Sheard this season.


The number 6 pick injured missing the 1st game AND riding the pine.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Kev1321 wrote:
The number 6 pick injured missing the 1st game AND riding the pine.


How is "rotational" pass rusher the equivalent of riding the pine? Kruger was their top FA signing. Sheard was also their top defensive draftee at #37 last year.

With Bingo having been out of most of the preseason because of his bruised lungs, how could you expect him to start ahead of either one?

The Browns didn't even have to move up to get Bingo and give up a 2nd rounder in the process. That is why people (not me personally) are likely to make an issue out of Jordan.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4643
Location: MA.
Quote:
How is "rotational" pass rusher the equivalent of riding the pine


That's what i'd like to know....Seems Irelands draft class is riding the pine in the media though..Hence the title of the thread and the comparison to Bingo


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:11 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
IamPZ wrote:

C'mon... you've seen the preseason games... is he REALLY sharing carries with Daniel Thomas?

I feel the whole Thomas fiasco is just Ireland pushing Philbin to cover up his obvious mistake.



Preseason carry totals Miller 17, Thomas 19.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:34 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8223
They are going to be "co-starters" and share carries. This way, neither one of them can get into rhythm and the running game will struggle.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5592
Location: Houston, Texas
[b]They are going to be "co-starters" and share carries. This way, neither one of them can get into rhythm and the running game will struggle.

I certainly like the back up running back option that every team should obviously have as a plan, BUT, personally I hope Lamar Miller gets that opportunity to get 20 plus carries in a game and let's see what he can do versus that garbage approach of 11 carries for Miller and 9 carries for Thomas strategy....so I agree with you Mak it doesn't allow much them to get into a good rythem at all IMO.

Here's to hoping that one of the backs gets a full opportunity to become "the" featured back for the Dolphins.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:18 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Finhead34 wrote:
[b]They are going to be "co-starters" and share carries. This way, neither one of them can get into rhythm and the running game will struggle.

I certainly like the back up running back option that every team should obviously have as a plan, BUT, personally I hope Lamar Miller gets that opportunity to get 20 plus carries in a game and let's see what he can do versus that garbage approach of 11 carries for Miller and 9 carries for Thomas strategy....so I agree with you Mak it doesn't allow much them to get into a good rythem at all IMO.

Here's to hoping that one of the backs gets a full opportunity to become "the" featured back for the Dolphins.


I do too... but judging by past decisions with this team, whether it be this regime or not, I'm not getting my hopes up.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r