View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
 Hyde5: Five fears for the Dolphins season 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Hyde5: Five fears for the Dolphins season
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 0929.story

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Hyde5: Five fears for the Dolphins season
Those are legit fears but the biggest fear is RT regressing or not improving on last year. If RT steps up, he can mask most of the "fears".

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Those are legit fears but the biggest fear is RT regressing or not improving on last year. If RT steps up, he can mask most of the "fears".

If he steps up, and none of the other fears turn into reality we are all set... And thats regardless of record at the end, so long as he takes the next step forward and that position is solid I will be happy.

However the fears all have bearing on him. No TE, passing game takes a hit. O-line cant pass protect, passing game suffers. Starting WR gets hurt, again passing game is affected.

He couldnt have thrown a better pass a few times last week, hit guys in the numbers or in the hands and they drop it. Clay running right when the play is left, timing route so ball goes in the middle of nowhere.

Those things have to be cleaned up, or again RT suffers from the players around him...

I always read someone saying "great QB's make players better". I agree, but hes not a great QB, not yet anyway, so it would be nice to see the guys helping him out and catching the darn ball lol

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

RT is the real deal. We will be more than fine this season. We are the most improved team in the league playing in a division that is in decline. I am not sure why people are not seeing double digit wins.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
RT is the real deal. We will be more than fine this season. We are the most improved team in the league playing in a division that is in decline. I am not sure why people are not seeing double digit wins.

Hell ..... why not triple digit wins?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

I'm thinking maybe 10 wins, but as Hyde says, there are holes at TE, G, and little depth are WR. After watching him the past couple of weeks, I think Tannehill will be much improved over last year ... but it all depends on how much time his OL will give him.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

10acjed wrote:
However the fears all have bearing on him. No TE, passing game takes a hit. O-line cant pass protect, passing game suffers. Starting WR gets hurt, again passing game is affected.

That's not how it works. He's the QB, none of those things should impact his game. Even if he's behind a third string offensive line, their play should be elevated by his, not his play impacted by theirs. It's a one man game.

Quote:
He couldnt have thrown a better pass a few times last week, hit guys in the numbers or in the hands and they drop it. Clay running right when the play is left, timing route so ball goes in the middle of nowhere.

Any interception or incompletion he throws is his fault. Great QBs have such an impact over their teams that receivers never run wrong routes, even if they try to on purpose and don't drop any passes, even if their hands have been cut off.

RT has to be that great or else its all his fault.

Quote:
but hes not a great QB, not yet anyway

What's taking so long? He's a bust...

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

There is no question that franchise QB's elevate the play of those around them and overcome some talent deficiencies. There are about 5-6 of those in the league right now. Ideally that's the kind of QB every team wants. Can RT elevate his game to that level...ie put the team on his back, bring it back in the 4th quarter, lead and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. We'll see.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
Any interception or incompletion he throws is his fault. Great QBs have such an impact over their teams that receivers never run wrong routes, even if they try to on purpose and don't drop any passes, even if their hands have been cut off.

Yeah I was evaluating the film, that pass that hit Clay in the numbers and was dropped hit the 4 and not the 2. Brady or Manning would surely have hit the 2, Clay would make the catch..

:fart:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Hell ..... why not triple digit wins?

This team is so good I honestly think (although its a long shot) we can actually accomplish that.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP

Philbin on red zone: "A couple plays ... throw could have been 6 inches to right, receiver could've come down with the ball..

https://twitter.com/AbramsonPBP

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

10acjed wrote:

That's not how it works. He's the QB, none of those things should impact his game. Even if he's behind a third string offensive line, their play should be elevated by his, not his play impacted by theirs. It's a one man game.

Quote:

RT has to be that great or else its all his fault.

Quote:

but hes not a great QB, not yet anyway

What's taking so long? He's a bust...

Rich you crack me up man. Really, you do. You are a you no what on the boards but in "real" life you are a cool, laid back guy. Seriously, what is your formula for success? Every team in the modern NFL that has won a SB has a "franchise" QB. We all know it isn't a 1 man show as you say, but the QB has a lot to do with it. We traded 1st rd picks for a stud RB (Williams), we spent 1st rd pick on the OL (Long), we spent a 1st rd pick on a RB (Brown), we spent a 1st rd pick on a receiver (Ginn), we spent a 1st rd pick on the OL (Pouncy) and yet, we still have sucked since Marino retired. You are a "fact" and "data" guy, why is it so hard to comprehend that a lot of success depends on the QB?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:22 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I remember Rich you and I were at the Fins game watching Henne improve and then the wildcat came in and were like WTF? They are killing Henne. Now look at how much Henne has fallen out of grace, he is getting beat by who? No matter what you say or "post", we need a franchise QB. Maybe RT is the guy, I sure hope so. ALso your exaggeration in recent posts is silly bro, you flame serve anytime you can, but you do it too....hypocrite bro. Hate all you want, the truth is a stud QB will do wonders for your team. Look around Rich.....Thrawn. Whatever.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

So is Carson Palmer a better QB than Tom Brady because he made Chad Johnson better?

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So is Carson Palmer a better QB than Tom Brady because he made Chad Johnson better?

no

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:00 pm

10acjed wrote:

Having him in his prime helps. The point is that a great supporting cast is nice but its still a QB driven league. Not saying its impossible to get hot at the right time with an average QB but when you have a QB in that elite status you are more than half way there. Which is why I am a believer ... we have a QB that will soon have the suffix "esque" added onto his name.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

but its still a QB driven league

:awe: Thanks Mitch.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
but its still a QB driven league

:awe: Thanks Mitch.

Does that mean other players do not have an affect on the QB's success?

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Does that mean other players do not have an affect on the QB's success?

Rhetorical question. Of course they do, but without a QB it doesn't matter. Look around the league, it's not really hard to figure out who wins championships.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:06 am

Makchell wrote:
Rich you crack me up man. Really, you do.

I'm very happy about that.

That was the intent of my post.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:11 am

Makchell wrote:
I remember Rich you and I were at the Fins game watching Henne improve and then the wildcat came in and were like WTF? They are killing Henne. Now look at how much Henne has fallen out of grace, he is getting beat by who? No matter what you say or "post", we need a franchise QB. Maybe RT is the guy, I sure hope so. ALso your exaggeration in recent posts is silly bro, you flame serve anytime you can, but you do it too....hypocrite bro. Hate all you want, the truth is a stud QB will do wonders for your team. Look around Rich.....Thrawn. Whatever.

Pull the g-string out of your crack bro...

And stop making diamonds out of coal with it too.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

ull the g-string out of your crack bro...

Whatever that means Rich. We can discuss the issue or you can keep posting your condescending posts. Whatever works for you...

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:26 am

Makchell wrote:
ull the g-string out of your crack bro...

Whatever that means Rich. We can discuss the issue or you can keep posting your condescending posts. Whatever works for you...

It means I posted what I posted to be funny and you're obviously taking it personal... so chill out.

Funny how you're calling my posts condescending. I suggest you go back and see who was condescending first...

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:58 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I suggest you go back and see who was condescending first...

You are going to have to point it out to me because I wasn't being condescending.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:41 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Look around the league, it's not really hard to figure out who wins championships.

Yeah because we can compare our roster to the 2012 Ravens...

Please, Flacco would not sniff a post season on that roster... And I dont see how much better we are going to be outside of Wallace upgrading the WR group..

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:14 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Makchell wrote:
I suggest you go back and see who was condescending first...

You are going to have to point it out to me because I wasn't being condescending.

I was.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Makchell wrote:
Rich you crack me up man. Really, you do.

Condescending.

Quote:
You are a you no what on the boards

Insulting.

Quote:
why is it so hard to comprehend that a lot of success depends on the QB?

Condescending again.

All because I tried to add some humor to the thread.

:hithead:

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:22 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:

It made me laugh and have a better day... So thanks for being so condenscending. :yay:

Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 pm

10acjed wrote:
Rich wrote:

It made me laugh and have a better day... So thanks for being so condenscending. :yay:

Yeah come on... making receivers run the right route even if they don't want...

That's good material right there!

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah, sure you were.

Yeah because we can compare our roster to the 2012 Ravens...

Please, Flacco would not sniff a post season on that roster... And I dont see how much better we are going to be outside of Wallace upgrading the WR group

Again, look around the league on which teams win SBs, they have franchise QBs. You to buddies can go around and around about what ifs and who would do what, but bet you that the season hinges on how RT performs. Sure WR drop passes and run wrong routes, it happens to the best QBs, but SB winning QBs make plays when it counts.....makchell has left the building.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It made me laugh and have a better day... So thanks for being so condenscending.

Awww Rich has a little following on the board. My day is better too! thanks 10AC for making this place bright and warm! :yay:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
It made me laugh and have a better day... So thanks for being so condenscending.

Awww Rich has a little following on the board. My day is better too! thanks 10AC for making this place bright and warm! :yay:

No probelm.. But I thought you left the building?

:pumpiron: :fart:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Today is a new day silly.....I hope it's bright!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:13 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Today is a new day silly.....I hope it's bright!

LOL yeah its Friday, we have real football to look forward too next weekend, and its a 3 day weekend...

:grin:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 am

10acjed wrote:
its a 3 day weekend...

Now that made me smile! :yay:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 am

geez get a room

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
geez get a room

Its no secret, just look around the web.. Good forum posts make the posts areound him better

:ann0y:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:12 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
Pull the g-string out of your crack bro...

Rich wrote:
It means I posted what I posted to be funny and you're obviously taking it personal... so chill out.

Funny how you're calling my posts condescending. I suggest you go back and see who was condescending first...

Got a front row seat and an ice cold twelve pack.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]