View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:48 am



Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dustin Keller probably out for season 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
jammer wrote:
Its not that people don't understand, its the end of the world mentality. It stinks he's hurt, but there is a possibility someone else can be grabbed off the waiver wire or acquired in a trade.

When you predict no playoffs because of a TE you are suggesting that this is a really bad team.


I never thought playoffs to begin with. Remind me though, who automatically relegated us to cellar dweller? I don't recall the conversation ever going there.

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Rich wrote:
I believe Kevin Boss is also available. He is 29 and has produced in this league. He's had some concussion issues though.

Anyone think Miami can get Aaron Hernandez freed?


Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:
Its not that people don't understand, its the end of the world mentality. It stinks he's hurt, but there is a possibility someone else can be grabbed off the waiver wire or acquired in a trade.

When you predict no playoffs because of a TE you are suggesting that this is a really bad team.


I never thought playoffs to begin with. Remind me though, who automatically relegated us to cellar dweller? I don't recall the conversation ever going there.


Read the original post regarding playoffs and I said its not the end of the world, I never said stop preaching that Miami is now a last place team.

My point was, is and will continue to be that losing Keller does not equate to this team missing the playoffs. If it does and he was the key piece then this team was poorly constructed and never would have succeeded. Lets be very honest here, he was a backup plan albeit a very good one. I'm not going to worry about losing him until I witness that someone else out there can't do 75% of what he would have accomplished.

While you may not predict playoffs the moves made this offseason were to achieve that goal. I think it is pretty obvious that there will be many levels of disappointment (ownership, management, coaches, fans, PHINFEVER) if this team isn't a wild card team. Losing Dustin Keller should not change that.


Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:51 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Here are some available TEs via rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4 ... gents?pg=2

Again, I'd look over the waiver wire or see if someone is available for a late round pick.


Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
jammer wrote:
I never thought playoffs to begin with. Remind me though, who automatically relegated us to cellar dweller? I don't recall the conversation ever going there.

Read the original post regarding playoffs and I said its not the end of the world, I never said stop preaching that Miami is now a last place team.

My point was, is and will continue to be that losing Keller does not equate to this team missing the playoffs. If it does and he was the key piece then this team was poorly constructed and never would have succeeded. Lets be very honest here, he was a backup plan albeit a very good one. I'm not going to worry about losing him until I witness that someone else out there can't do 75% of what he would have accomplished.

While you may not predict playoffs the moves made this offseason were to achieve that goal. I think it is pretty obvious that there will be many levels of disappointment (ownership, management, coaches, fans, PHINFEVER) if this team isn't a wild card team. Losing Dustin Keller should not change that.


A backup plan?

The guy was our starter. The fact that he was on a 1 year deal was semantics, but regardless that was Keller's choice because he wanted to raise his street value. We didn't draft top talent at that position because we expected heavy contribution from the man.

Anyone who has a basic understanding of the dimension he adds to the offense from a pass receiving standpoint is naturally going to be disappointed and have some of their hope deflated. Seriously, secondaries are going to bracket the ever-living crap out of Wallace now unless somebody from our TE crew steps up .... which is highly unlikely. Now we REALLY need our run game to materialize to draw those safeties in.

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:16 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Rock Sexton wrote:
A backup plan?

The guy was our starter. The fact that he was on a 1 year deal was semantics, but regardless that was Keller's choice because he wanted to raise his street value. We didn't draft top talent at that position because we expected heavy contribution from the man.

Anyone who has a basic understanding of the dimension he adds to the offense from a pass receiving standpoint is naturally going to be disappointed and have some of their hope deflated. Seriously, secondaries are going to bracket the ever-living crap out of Wallace now unless somebody from our TE crew steps up .... which is highly unlikely. Now we REALLY need our run game to materialize to draw those safeties in.


Pretty certain Miami targeted Jared Cook with a very handsome offer and even dabbled with the idea of Martellus Bennett. When Cook fell through they went to Keller so yeah, he was the backup plan. That doesn't mean he was a bad option or wasn't the sure bet starter Miami needed.

And yes, what he added to the offense was perfect and would have made life a heck of a lot easier for Tannehill. I agree with you that Wallace could be limited and no one currently on the roster has me doing back flips over their newly found opportunity.

Lets just see who becomes available over the next few weeks. Its better this happened now than 2 or 3 weeks into the season. I'd bet money that the starting TE for the majority of this season isn't currently on the roster. Ireland doesn't have to be desperate but he could use a pick to acquire a guy because there are already 4 developmental TEs (if Clay counts) on the roster.


Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
jammer wrote:
Pretty certain Miami targeted Jared Cook with a very handsome offer and even dabbled with the idea of Martellus Bennett. When Cook fell through they went to Keller so yeah, he was the backup plan. That doesn't mean he was a bad option or wasn't the sure bet starter Miami needed.

And yes, what he added to the offense was perfect and would have made life a heck of a lot easier for Tannehill. I agree with you that Wallace could be limited and no one currently on the roster has me doing back flips over their newly found opportunity.

Lets just see who becomes available over the next few weeks. Its better this happened now than 2 or 3 weeks into the season. I'd bet money that the starting TE for the majority of this season isn't currently on the roster. Ireland doesn't have to be desperate but he could use a pick to acquire a guy because there are already 4 developmental TEs (if Clay counts) on the roster.


I do remember the Cook thing. Just sounded for a moment like you were sort've dismissing the impact of Keller's injury because he was our second choice. I don't remember us pursuing Bennett though. I wanted him, unfortunately he was all about Chicago and nobody else.

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Rock Sexton wrote:
I do remember the Cook thing. Just sounded for a moment like you were sort've dismissing the impact of Keller's injury because he was our second choice. I don't remember us pursuing Bennett though. I wanted him, unfortunately he was all about Chicago and nobody else.


Not at all. I agree it sucks big time. Just think that losing a TE, even a very good one, is not reason to abandon hope for the playoffs.

I think we forget that some Tannehill accuracy issues prevented Clay from a few TD catches last year. From what I've seen the last few games Tannehill's timing and ball placement have improved, hopefully meaning that guys like Clay and Sims can really contribute. Find a serviceable starter and the offense hasn't fallen off too much.


Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
I do remember the Cook thing. Just sounded for a moment like you were sort've dismissing the impact of Keller's injury because he was our second choice. I don't remember us pursuing Bennett though. I wanted him, unfortunately he was all about Chicago and nobody else.


Not at all. I agree it sucks big time. Just think that losing a TE, even a very good one, is not reason to abandon hope for the playoffs.

I think we forget that some Tannehill accuracy issues prevented Clay from a few TD catches last year. From what I've seen the last few games Tannehill's timing and ball placement have improved, hopefully meaning that guys like Clay and Sims can really contribute. Find a serviceable starter and the offense hasn't fallen off too much.


Jared Cook was Miami 1st choice. St. Louis gave Cook that unreal deal and Miami moved on to Keller. If Green Bay would have released JeMichael Finley, I think they would have went after him.

Losing Keller is a blow, no question. Even in there limited time, you could see him and Ryan had developed a nice chemistry. The young kids have to step up, and I was certainly happy to see Ryan and Mike Wallace hook up.

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
All is not lost.


Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3618
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Quote:
Posted by Josh Alper on August 22, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT


The knee injury that ended Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller’s season was severe, but it appears that it wasn’t quite as bad as it could have been.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Keller avoided nerve or cartilage damage when he tore the ACL, MCL and PCL and dislocated the kneecap in his right knee. There was a particular fear about nerve damage because it might have seriously compromised his ability to resume his playing career after this season.

The injury is serious enough without the nerve damag ...


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-keller/


Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Posted by Josh Alper on August 22, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT


The knee injury that ended Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller’s season was severe, but it appears that it wasn’t quite as bad as it could have been.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Keller avoided nerve or cartilage damage when he tore the ACL, MCL and PCL and dislocated the kneecap in his right knee. There was a particular fear about nerve damage because it might have seriously compromised his ability to resume his playing career after this season.

The injury is serious enough without the nerve damag ...


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-keller/


Ok, so Swearinger is only 75% evil incarnate. Obviously he chose to refrain from also damaging the nerves.

_________________
Image


Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:30 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens had the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Terrell Suggs, suffer an Achilles' tendon injury in the offseason, and miss half the 2012 season.

The Ravens also lost top cornerback Ladarius Webb to an ACL injury in week six, then future Hall of Fame linebacker Ray Lewis missed the final 10 games because of a torn biceps. Yet, somehow the Ravens are the reigning Super Bowl champions after beating a 49ers team that lost its starting quarterback at midseason.




http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss


Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Yet, somehow the Ravens are the reigning Super Bowl champions after beating a 49ers team that lost its starting quarterback at midseason.

I know, I know, broken record. Check out Flacco's numbers as the season went on, especially the playoffs. QB's win superbowls.


Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:23 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Makchell wrote:
Yet, somehow the Ravens are the reigning Super Bowl champions after beating a 49ers team that lost its starting quarterback at midseason.

I know, I know, broken record. Check out Flacco's numbers as the season went on, especially the playoffs. QB's win superbowls.


No, you're not a broken record, you're spot on.

Losing Keller sucks, but Tannehill still has some good weapons to work with. If he produces this team will overcome its obstacles. The defense is good enough to keep them in games.


Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
No, you're not a broken record, you're spot on.


Thank you Jammer.

Losing Keller sucks, but Tannehill still has some good weapons to work with. If he produces this team will overcome its obstacles. The defense is good enough to keep them in games.

110% agree.


Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5910
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Mak...we could bring in Tebow as a TE....what do you say...haha


Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1240
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Makchell wrote:
Yet, somehow the Ravens are the reigning Super Bowl champions after beating a 49ers team that lost its starting quarterback at midseason.

I know, I know, broken record. Check out Flacco's numbers as the season went on, especially the playoffs. QB's win superbowls.


Funny how Flacco improved so suddenly once Cam Camoron was let go as offensive coordinator.

_________________
Image


Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Mak...we could bring in Tebow as a TE....what do you say...haha

Yes!!! lol

Funny how Flacco improved so suddenly once Cam Camoron was let go as offensive coordinator.

Not only that, the whole offense improved.


Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1240
Post Re: Dustin Keller probably out for season
Makchell wrote:
Mak...we could bring in Tebow as a TE....what do you say...haha

Yes!!! lol

Funny how Flacco improved so suddenly once Cam Camoron was let go as offensive coordinator.

Not only that, the whole offense improved.


Note that it was Jim Caldwell calling the plays. The same Jim Caldwell who led Indy to a Super Bowl in 2009. The same Jim Caldwell who was given a ringing endorsement by Peyton Manning after he was fired but didn't get a head coaching gig.

_________________
Image


Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.