View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 AFC East Predictions 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post AFC East Predictions
I figure it is about time we started a thread. Every year I pick NE to stumble and every year they prove me wrong so just to jinx them I've got them winning the division.

NE 12-4 This is an 8-8 team without Brady but it is hard to ignore him. They just keep rolling with him leading the team.

Miami - 10-6 Ryan Tannehill has matured and seems to be buying time with his feet. He is also really accurate on those quick slants. He needs some work on the deep ball but I think his improvement is enough to carry this team to 10 wins. Throw in a defense that "looks" like its ready to take the next step to one that can dominate.

Bills - 7-9 Hard to ignore Manuel's progress as a young QB. He's very athletic and smart wtih the football. He uses his feet when his guy is covered. He'll struggle as teams start to spy him but I think they'll improve from last season.

Jets 3-13 I'm being generous. If they start Sanchez, they could be 1-15.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Seems about right and I've actually predicted one less win for each team.

The one thing Miami has which the rest do not is a capable backup. If Brady, Manuel or Smith/Sanchez go down the respective team goes with them. I think Matt Moore is capable of getting Miami to 8 or 9 wins.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

This division used to be so strong... sad to see it tumble so far.... but here goes:

1. New England Patriots (10-6)
Tom Brady is nothing to sneeze at, I know... but eventually the lack of talent on offense will cost them some games. Having won the division last year they will have some tough match-ups with high powered offenses that they won't be able to keep up with. Even so, they'll win 10 games and the division, just not in blowout fashion.

2. Miami Dolphins (9-7)
It'll be a tight race for the wildcards in the AFC... the conference just isn't that strong anymore. I have concerns with the offensive line still and if you're QB of the Future is on his back all the time... it's hard to have much of a future.

3. Buffalo Bills (7-9)
I'd put them in tight contention with us if EJ Manuel was 100% healthy. He makes plays and looks to be the real deal judging by the preseason alone. That being said, it was the preseason... a world of Vanilla defenses and very few blitzes. His head will scramble when the real pressure comes.

4. New York Jets (2-14)
There's no way this team wins more than 2 games. The locker room continues to implode and neither QB has shown any signs of light... not to mention the fact that they have no weapons to speak of in the first place. It will be a long season for Jets fans.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Pats 10-6
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 7-9
Jets 3-13

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:35 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Patriots 11-5
Dolphins 9-7
Bills 6-10
Jets 4-12

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Pats 11-5
Dolphins 10-6
Bills 7-9
Jets 2-14

If the ball bounces our way once or twice we could knock the Pats off their pedestal this year. Or, we could end up 8-8.

It is a very fine line between playoffs and mediocrity. That line is drawn with injuries, career seasons for a few players and old fashioned good luck.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

There we go!!!!! 2 people on the 10-6 bus baby....hey Finesse...where's the bus?

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Well since the super bowl is up in NY / NJ this year I just had to modify it a bit with a set of snow tires.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:16 pm

What???? No new logo?...lol. I like it.....Man wouldn't that be cool to go play a superbowl in the Jets house....

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Man wouldn't that be cool to go play a superbowl in the Jets house....

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. Awesomeness is playing a Superbowl in the Jets house. ohhhhh yeahhhh.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

New England 11-5
Brady is the difference...but for how much longer?

Bills 7-9
Once they get over the injured QB's, they will be a force to reckon with in the AFC East.

Miami 5-11
Too many new pieces, injuries, and questions on the O-line to expect much this year. I would love to see Dion Jordan make an impact worthy of his high draft pick, but that will probably have to wait a year at least. The team lacks depth at a lot of positions. There is a lot of hope for the future, but I suspect it will take time for this team to get it together and Ireland might not have that luxury.

Jets 4-12
They are in a horrible state. It is a joy to behold. Still, they probably will find a way to beat Miami at least once and the defense will keep them in some games.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Miami 5-11

Get out.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Miami 5-11

Get out.

Sorry, just keeping it real. The team has been 7-9 +/- a game for 4 years running. I just don't think they will make any big step forward this year. Injuries, youth, lots of new faces...not a recipe for success. Throw in the brutal schedule and I just don't expect much from the Phins this year. I will still watch every game and keep rooting for the team, but they have a long way to go. Tannehill looks better, the wide receivers are an upgrade and I think the D-line will be nasty. Problem is, we don't have quality depth at many positions, including tight end, running back and O-line. A good draft and another season's worth of experience for the young guys and new faces and I can see the team making a big step.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
New England 11-5

Bills 7-9
Once they get over the injured QB's, they will be a force to reckon with in the AFC East.

Miami 5-11
Too many new pieces, injuries, and questions on the O-line to expect much this year. I would love to see Dion Jordan make an impact worthy of his high draft pick, but that will probably have to wait a year at least. The team lacks depth at a lot of positions. There is a lot of hope for the future, but I suspect it will take time for this team to get it together and Ireland might not have that luxury.

Jets 4-12
They are in a horrible state. It is a joy to behold. Still, they probably will find a way to beat Miami at least once and the defense will keep them in some games.

WTF dude!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
What???? No new logo?...lol. I like it.....Man wouldn't that be cool to go play a superbowl in the Jets house....

New logo , uniforms , helmets ... hate it. Now that bus is pretty cool. 13 - 3 ... climb aboard.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:23 am

1) New England 10-6 - A well below .500 team if it weren't for Brady.

2) Miami 8-8 - Start to the season is going to be rough; they'll rattle off some wins in the middle and end similar to years past.

3) Buffalo 5-11 - Bottom 5 QB situation in the league.

4) New York 3-13 - Worst QB situation in the league. If Geno starts all 16, they have a shot at Clowney.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Injuries, youth, lots of new faces...not a recipe for success.

Tell that to the Seahawks... who I'm pretty sure were the youngest team in the league last year.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but with the number of guys we brought back and the amount of good talent we brought in... it'd take a colossal breakdown to only win 5 games.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 am

Miami 5-11 :embarrassed: :boo: :cry:

They were 7-9 with a brutal schedule, rookie QB last year. Defense looks even better. Offense certainly better. Jump on the bus dude...it is time to roll.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
New England 11-5

Bills 7-9

Miami 5-11

Jets 4-12

WTF dude!

you just made swerve drop his pom poms :hooray: !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 am

IamPZ wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Injuries, youth, lots of new faces...not a recipe for success.

Tell that to the Seahawks... who I'm pretty sure were the youngest team in the league last year.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but with the number of guys we brought back and the amount of good talent we brought in... it'd take a colossal breakdown to only win 5 games.

THIS

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Sorry, just keeping it real. The team has been 7-9 +/- a game for 4 years running. I just don't think they will make any big step forward this year. Injuries, youth, lots of new faces...not a recipe for success. Throw in the brutal schedule and I just don't expect much from the Phins this year. I will still watch every game and keep rooting for the team, but they have a long way to go. Tannehill looks better, the wide receivers are an upgrade and I think the D-line will be nasty. Problem is, we don't have quality depth at many positions, including tight end, running back and O-line. A good draft and another season's worth of experience for the young guys and new faces and I can see the team making a big step.

Anything can happen but this just seems a bit extreme.

Can't forget that both the first team offense and first team defense have outplayed their counterparts in the last 3 preseason games. Houston and Tampa Bay do not exactly have crap defenses.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Miami 5-11

Get out.

If this really does happen (and I doubt it will), then the entire coaching staff and front office needs to be swept out from top to bottom.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Cleaning house is not the answer. We have been doing that since JJ left and it has gotten us nowhere

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Cleaning house is not the answer. We have been doing that since JJ left and it has gotten us nowhere

Not the answer but a new GM usually wants his coach and players. Its inevitable.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dolphins 9-7
pats 9-7
bills 6-10
jets 3-13

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FINesse wrote:
Well since the super bowl is up in NY / NJ this year I just had to modify it a bit with a set of snow tires.

Good stuff FINesse. Theres one just like that where I work in Plant City, so if we need to hotwire . . .

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Miami 5-11

Get out.

Thats hysterical! I've never seen a Dolphan predict Buffalo doing better than us. Go ahead and send that attitude to Canada so it will be there when the Bills arrive

I LOVE yall for so many 2-4 win predictions for the jets, Gonna be a good season

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]