View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dolphins practice report 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Dolphins practice report
Rookie CB Will Davis not at practice DAVIE --Dolphins rookie cornerback Will Davis wasn’t at the portion of practice the media is allowed to view, which is the first 15 minutes or so.
At one point in the Dolphins’ 17-16 loss to Tampa Bay on Saturday, Davis went to the bench with an apparent leg injury. There was no word on his status at the time. As a matter of policy, the Dolphins don’t comment on the status of injured players.

Davis, the third-round pick from Utah State, had been running second team. But in his absence the Dolphins used R.J. Stanford paired with Nolan Carroll as second-team cornerbacks.

The Dolphins have dealt with injury problems to their first, second- and third-round picks.

Defensive end Dion Jordan, the first-round pick, is sidelined with right shoulder issues arising from surgery to repair a torn labrum in late February. Cornerback Jamar Taylor, the second-round pick, is healthy now but was slowed by a hernia earlier in camp. Left tackle Dallas Thomas, the third-round pick from Tennessee, was slowed during OTAs and mini-camp as he recovered from shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum.

--Jordan (right shoulder), the No. 3 pick of the draft, was working on the side during practice. His status is unknown for Thursday’s pre-season finale against New Orleans.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 5069.story

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:16 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins practice report
The Dolphins have dealt with injury problems to their first, second- and third-round picks.

Add Davis to the list with Jordan, Taylor, and Thomas....ouch, literally.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

God....Nolan Carroll and Stanford on the field is not good. Carroll was a one man wrecking crew against the Buc's and Stanford is just not a starter.

The defensive design better be to bring lots of pressure in a hurry, because Grimes only can hold down one side.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I feel so good about releasing Richard Marshall.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The fact that Miami STILL has Nolan Carroll penciled in as the boundary corner in the nickel package tells you exactly who Weeden, Luck, Ryan and Brees will immediately pick on when we play these pass happy offenses to start our season off.

I am personally pulling for Taylor to get healthy as we have yet to see him at 100% and I think he is the more disciplined and physical up and coming corner Miami needs.

Davis, although started out showing some ball awareness has really regressed (in my opinion) and if you pay attention to the past two games, he was turned around and toasted a few times. He is a gambler and risk taker and I am not sure that he is the answer.

Now if you allow him to float around and freelance, I can see his ball hawking abilities, but again he really "at this point" is sloppy in coverage and gets beat. He is a rookie, so I cut him some slack, but still a concern.

Nolan Carroll though....ugh deja vu here we go again if that decision sticks.....

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]