View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Get Madden 2014 and Sunday Ticket for $100 total 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Get Madden 2014 and Sunday Ticket for $100 total
For those without Direct TV like me, I think this is a pretty good deal.

I wasn't going to buy Madden, but $100 for a package is well worth it.

It's only for your computer/mobile device, not your TV, but you don't need a Direct TV subscription to have it.

Saw this somewhere else and just thought I'd pass this along...I think it's only on Amazon that this deal is available.

http://gizmodo.com/madden-25-plus-nfl-s ... -508901643

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Get Madden 2014 and Sunday Ticket for $100 total
JP, I owe you a beer in Amherst this fall. Just did the deal.

Hangar or Amherst Brewing Company?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:15 pm

jammer wrote:

Ha, sounds good. Let's wait for the Spring when I'm 21.

Hopefully we didn't both just get scammed.

I've read into it a lot, and it seems legit. Just doesn't work on your PS3. Just computer.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:30 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Peyton and Eli rap "Football On Your Phone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2h8Ba723Bg

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:

Ha, sounds good. Let's wait for the Spring when I'm 21.

Hopefully we didn't both just get scammed.

I've read into it a lot, and it seems legit. Just doesn't work on your PS3. Just computer.

Seemed like a legit offer on Amazon. I searched for it on the site.

Keep forgetting you became a Phinfever member at like age 7.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

So are there any catches? If a Dolphins Game is blacked out will I be able to stream it outside the home market? I do preseason live now and it works pretty awesome on the ipad. I'd fork out the cash today if this worked as well as that.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think it is subject to blackouts.

The offer looked legit. I buy the game anyway so I'll take the 40 dollar gamble.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:40 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I really want to purchase this, but I've had bad experiences with DirecTV before, and this doesn't ease my concerns:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/17/madden-nfl-25-anniversary-edition-exclusive-to-amazon

"Under the current terms posted DTV has the right to reject access to the mobile service for anyone that has the ability to buy their full service but don’t have it and for those who are already subscribers but not to Sunday Ticket. Regardless of whether EA says that will or will not happen (they say it won’t) DTV is the one who will end up making the call come September. Unless the terms on the product page are changed there is risk in purchasing with the expectation of taking advantage of the Sunday Ticket deal. Considering DTV’s history of business practices, and the intentional language throughout the terms to give them these very clear outs, the Anniversary Edition can not be recommended at this time."

"In the weeks since the announcement of the Anniversary Edition, Amazon has added a FAQ to the listings that should be sufficient in easing the minds of those concerned with the fine print of the deal. If DTV backed out and didn’t allow people to use the code then it should be enough to go back to Amazon with for a refund."

Still, $100 isn't much of a risk when you consider the game is $60 itself. I will most likely break down and get it. I've blown $40 on much worse, lol.

The Sunday Ticket deal with DirecTV expires after the 2014 season. I hope they come up with something better, like being able to subscribe to just the team you want. I don't need every game, I just need the Dolphin games.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:54 am
Profile WWW

If DTV refused it, EA would get sued up the ass.

I think it would only be blacked out if you're local, correct?

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:43 am

Here's something I discovered yesterday. The NFL app plays preseason live and does a great job; however, unlike last season it blanks out when I connect the HDMI adapter to my ipad. Comes up with a banner that says NFL live but no game. I haven't tried the PC yet but will this week. So if they limit this viewing on a tablet or mobile device, there will probably be no playing it on a larger screen.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hey guys, I'd be very cautious of this..........the way the Amazon description reads, the only way you will get the Sunday Ticket App is if you are unable to receive the Direct TV signal. That means, if you do not currently have Direct TV, they will need to determine you can not possibly subscribe to Direct TV. If you're like 99% of us, you will be able to subscribe. It's really meant to get you to signup for Direct TV. By the way, you can go directly through Direct TV and get the Sunday Ticket App for $350.......... a little rich for my blood.

Here how the Amazon description reads..................

Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:31 pm

I'm at school and physically cannot get Direct TV, so I guess I'm fine.

I don't think you should have a problem with this though. EA would run into huge problems with the false advertising they'd be creating.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:

I don't think you should have a problem with this though. EA would run into huge problems with the false advertising they'd be creating.

I'm thinking the "fine print" that shularino posted above makes it NOT false advertising. Sounds like you are one of the "eligible gamers" it mentions though, so you should be fine, but I don't think this offer is for everyone.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

You should be cool.....I assume you're living in a dorm, and satellite services are prohibited. In that case, it's a great deal........you're basically getting the NFL package for $40/year......again Direct TV is selling the Sunday Ticket App for $350........quite a savings. Maybe I can find/use an address that Direct TV can not service and try to get the same deal.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

shularino wrote:
Hey guys, I'd be very cautious of this..........the way the Amazon description reads, the only way you will get the Sunday Ticket App is if you are unable to receive the Direct TV signal. That means, if you do not currently have Direct TV, they will need to determine you can not possibly subscribe to Direct TV. If you're like 99% of us, you will be able to subscribe. It's really meant to get you to signup for Direct TV. By the way, you can go directly through Direct TV and get the Sunday Ticket App for $350.......... a little rich for my blood.

Here how the Amazon description reads..................

Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25.

I'm only going off of what you're saying here but they can't sell a fake promise. Eligible gamers refers to the first 50,000 "gamers" who purchase it in my opinion. This is ripe for a lawsuit if they deny people access.

I don't know what Sunday Ticket Max is. Perhaps the code limits you to just your favorite team for the season with Max being all games. That would be a good way to bait people into the purchase of the $350.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:

If DirecTV wants to seriously be jerks about it they could argue your dorm is not your legal address and you have the ability to go back home on Sundays to watch at your house, which of course is eligible for DirecTV.

I think we're reading a bit into this. There is going to be some catch, like you can only pick one game per week to watch, but I doubt you'll get denied. If I just get the ability to watch every Dolphins game it will be worth it.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Not only are they getting $40 from each person, (or at least reached some sort of financial agreement with EA/Amazon), when they otherwise would not have, but they get to Market their product and have 17 weeks to try and convince you to purchase it.

It wouldn't make sense for them to go back on people and force them to buy the full package, or not get anything.

Not to mention horrible PR. They're not convincing anybody to switch from Comcast to Direct TV when their NFL deal is likely over after 2014.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
They're not convincing anybody to switch from Comcast to Direct TV when their NFL deal is likely over after 2014.

I think you're spot on here. Its just a 25th anniversary special to bait a few new customers and give EA Sports some extra business.

Sad thing is I'll probably be baited into it next year. :hithead:

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:13 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yea I saw this back in May and totally jumped at the offer of getting this. I think I should be OK as my apartment complex will not allow me to install a dish for my unit. If I get an issue from DTV, I will be seriously pissed...

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I purchased it too, but I can not get directv where I live, so I don't think there will be a problem.

I've never purchased Sunday Ticket for PS3, but I've heard there is just a box to check that says you cant get directv where you live, and then you just proceed with the purchase. I don't think they will send directv installers out to 100,000 houses to check.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 am
Profile WWW

Yeah well kind of eliminates me. I'm a DTV subscriber but haven't subscribed to Sunday Ticket....last year was the first year in almost 20 years I didn't have it. I just watched the game on NFL replay during the week and enjoyed the commercial free play. Also, if it was a blowout...I didn't have to torture myself by watching..haha

Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Just got my copy and entered the promo code.

It played a short video, that said "The season starts September 8, see you then!"

Also saw a notation stating "NFL Sunday Ticket has been added to your account."

So I guess I'm good to go. I didn't see anything asking me if I am able to receive Directv or not, but the disclaimer quoted above is printed right next to the enclosed promo code.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:13 pm
Profile WWW

rodneyfaile wrote:

It played a short video, that said "The season starts September 8, see you then!"

So I guess I'm good to go. I didn't see anything asking me if I am able to receive Directv or not, but the disclaimer quoted above is printed right next to the enclosed promo code.

Same here. Seems good.

Probably until we try and use it, eh?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

Same here. Seems good.

Probably until we try and use it, eh?

I live in an apartment complex that doesn't allow Directv, so I think I'm fine, but I'd rather get that debate out of the way now, if its coming, so I'm ready for week one.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Watching Dolphins game on my iPhone right now, but I cant seem to get it to work on my computer or iPad.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yeah it won't work on my computer :/

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Looks like the Directv website is down. All I get is a message saying Directv.com will be back shortly.

Looks like I will have to go with football on my phone for now.

FOYP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5zytfm9No

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

rodneyfaile wrote:
Looks like the Directv website is down. All I get is a message saying Directv.com will be back shortly.

Looks like I will have to go with football on my phone for now.

FOYP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5zytfm9No

It worked decently for me. There were three instances where the feed went down for a few minutes but otherwise it worked.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]