View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Game Notes: Miami Dolphins’ Jonas Gray emerges 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Game Notes: Miami Dolphins’ Jonas Gray emerges
Quote:
by Andrew Abramson ...

For tonight’s let’s start with Jonas Gray, who is starting to look like more than a one hit wonder. Gray led the team in rushing in the preseason opener against Dallas and Philbin turned to Gray as his No. 3 back on Friday, ahead of rookie fifth-round pick Mike Gillislee.

Gray’s average wasn’t great on Friday — he had 14 rushes for 32 yards and an average of 2.3 yards per carry — and Gillislee acutally ended up with five more yards on two less carries. But Gray scored two goal line touchdowns.

“I think I’m miles and miles away from being a pretty good NFL running back,” Gray said.

“I thought this week I did a better job of reading blocks and finishing runs but I think there’s a lot more I need to do in two specific areas: playing detailed and playing with speed.”

I asked Gray what current or past NFL running back he would compare himself to and he said “I think about that all the time.”

“If there was a guy I’d have to say Marshawn Lynch,” Gray said. “He plays with that type of power. There’s not many 5-10, 230 pound backs and I think I got kind of sneaky speed too that most people don’t know about, a second gear that most people don’t know.”

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... kphUi.dpuf

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]