View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Bumphis a playmaker 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Bumphis a playmaker
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 9e916e7080

Quote:
Rookie wide receiver Chad Bumphis showed a national television audience Sunday night he’s a young player with a lot of playmaking ability. But it wasn’t anything the Dolphins hadn’t seen in practice.

Bumphis led all receivers in the Hall of Fame Game with five catches for 85 yards, the highest receiving yardage total for a Dolphins player in a preseason game since Aug. 27, 2011 when Brandon Marshall gained 90 yards on only two catches against Tampa Bay.

Bumphis’ first catch was his biggest, as he took a simple slant while Dallas was blitzing, got to the sideline and turned upfield for a 45-yard gain to the Cowboys 31-yard line. Bumphis ended his night with a 20-yard reception on the Dolphins’ last drive to help set up Miami’s last touchdown.

“As a guy trying to make the team, you’ve got to go out and play every quarter,” Bumphis said after the game. “It doesn’t matter if it’s the beginning of the game or the end of the game. If they put you in, they’re giving you an opportunity to go out and show what you can do. And it’s important that you do that when you’re on the field no matter when it is.”

That has been Bumphis’ motto since the start of camp.

Last edited by swerve13 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Bumphis a playmaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6AT24O5KXY

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:28 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

He did a great job scoring a TD for Dallas last night.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yeah Bumphis blundered a tipped pass into the wrong hands for sure, but overall, he had a nice game. I like McNutt and his huge frame too. These guys bring promise.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
Yeah Bumphis blundered a tipped pass into the wrong hands for sure, but overall, he had a nice game. I like McNutt and his huge frame too. These guys bring promise.

Lol you were singing a different tune yesterday bro. You sounded very pessimistic. I don't see any future for McNutt, Bumphis could be a gem if he had just a little more speed.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Lol you were singing a different tune yesterday bro. You sounded very pessimistic. I don't see any future for McNutt, Bumphis could be a gem if he had just a little more speed.

I was pessimistic off the fumble right off the bat and the tipped pass for the INT return, who wouldn't be?

As far as anymore speed, McNutt came out with a 40 range between 4.42 - 4.5, big kid, I like his potential.....Bumphis ran times from 4.4 -4.6 range....again, I like his potential too because these are big bodied receivers.

Yesterday was a sloppy played game and if calling that out means pessimistic in your book, then so be it.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:

I was pessimistic off the fumble right off the bat and the tipped pass for the INT return, who wouldn't be?

As far as anymore speed, McNutt came out with a 40 range between 4.42 - 4.5, big kid, I like his potential.....Bumphis ran times from 4.4 -4.6 range....again, I like his potential too because these are big bodied receivers.

Yesterday was a sloppy played game and if calling that out means pessimistic in your book, then so be it.

Not what I was getting at. Your post sounded like it came from a completely different frame of mind. It doesn't matter. I'm not calling you out as a pessimist, just saying you were not particularly thrilled yesterday, and then you make a post praising the receivers. Again, not a big deal. Squashing it now. I just don't see McNutt making or contributing to the 53.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

East, take a chat room vent on the spot during a poorly played game with a grain of salt. Besides, if other Dolphin fans cannot relate, my wife certainly will not!!

Being a fan since 1974 enduring a lot as a fan and especially the punishment we have been through the past 5 years, I just jumped the gun on my opinion off the bat last night when things were unraveling.

I am not arguing back with you, I am merely explaining my thoughts. I think if McNutt drops more easy passes, your right he won't stick, but if he contributes at the 4 spot, he has been given that opportunity, so we shall see if he takes advantage or not.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:22 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
Bumphis ran times from 4.4 -4.6 range....again, I like his potential too because these are big bodied receivers.

If 5'10, 195 lbs is big-bodied, I'm a tight end.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Neither pass to McNutt was good. Even if he snagged the first one it turned him in the opposite direction and completely killed his momentum.

I want to see guys like Bumphis and McNutt do it against starting secondaries before I get excited.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:07 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Bumphis ran times from 4.4 -4.6 range....again, I like his potential too because these are big bodied receivers.

Rich what you do behind closed doors is your business...

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Finhead...I'd have to agree with East there...you sounded like you really wanted to compete with me for the biggest whiner award this year

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:19 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Manhattan wrote:
He did a great job scoring a TD for Dallas last night.

LOL. That was definitely inexperience there. Tannehill definitely could have thrown a better pass, but Bumphis doesn't need to set up the defense either.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:57 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I thought it was Moore who threw the pass that hit him right in the hands and then he Bumphised it up in the air?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Apparently, my TV screen played tricks on me as he looked taller than than that, but I will retract my comment and say thick big bodied, but not tall. 5'10 195 is still a stocky receiver.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
I thought it was Moore who threw the pass that hit him right in the hands and then he Bumphised it up in the air?

It was Moore.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

if you watch it again, Bumphis stopped his route, a slight hesitation which caused that gaffe, But he's a worker. I want this kid to develop into our best slot receiver. He can be better than Gibson.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
According to the Miami Herald, undrafted Dolphins WR Chad Bumphis is "making a case" for a roster spot.
"He's catching a lot of passes," said coach Joe Philbin. "Chad is a good football player." OC Mike Sherman has also offered praise. "He’s talented. To play that slot receiver, you have to be nifty and crafty. He appears to be that." Bumphis caught five passes for 85 yards in Sunday's Hall of Fame game, but will have to continue to light up the preseason to have a realistic shot at a spot.

-Roto

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:33 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The Bumphis Hound!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Mike Sherman's media session on Tuesday ...

(On what he sees from Chad Bumphis)– “When Chad was in college, he played the inside slot receiver. I’m sure part of people’s observations of him was he wasn’t the fastest guy in the world, not the biggest guy in the world, so maybe that’s how he ended up as an undrafted free agent. I do think he’s talented. I think he understands how to play that slot receiver, which is not an easy position. You have to be nifty and crafty, and he appears to be that. He’s done some good things, and he has some things he needs to correct. He’s was certainly on the back-end of an interception for a touchdown when he kind of floated into a route instead of defining it a little more, but that’s part of being a rookie. We definitely can fix that. I would say observation is correct. He has definitely shown something out here in the game the other day, but he still has a ways to go. He’s a great guy to work with.” ...

(On any first year players other than Chad Bumphis who have stood out to him) – “Nothing in particular, nobody in particular I should say stood out. I thought Chad was the most that stood out when he made some plays. A guy made a play here but missed a play here, so it’s kind of a 50/50 shot made plays/missed plays, so I can’t identify anybody else necessarily that jumped out there. I will say this, a second-year player (Josh) Samuda as a guard and center, I thought he really shown and did a nice job for us.” ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think he's got some Victor Cruz comparisons, same exact body, similar body control, downfield ability.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]