View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Fins LT Martin is getting 'owned' in practice 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Fins LT Martin is getting 'owned' in practice
According to the Miami Herald, Dolphins LT Jonathan Martin has been "owned" by second-year RE Olivier Vernon "since the opening of camp."
Martin was beaten for three sacks by Vernon in Thursday's practice, and two more sacks by Dion Jordan on Wednesday. Per reporter Armando Salguero, Martin's pass pro is "looking problematic at this point." The Dolphins have known this was a potential issue all along, pursuing Branden Albert in trade talks before the draft. Now, they may be stuck with Martin on Ryan Tannehill's blindside.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... n-practice

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Fins LT Martin is getting 'owned' in practice
Until I actually see Martin in a game against other competition, I just continue to wonder if these stories are more indicative of Martin's struggles, or how good our front line is going to be this season. It's possible that the reason Martin is struggling isn't that he's not the guy at LT, but that these guys up front are just THAT good. Hopefully it's just that.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
Until I actually see Martin in a game against other competition, I just continue to wonder if these stories are more indicative of Martin's struggles, or how good our front line is going to be this season. It's possible that the reason Martin is struggling isn't that he's not the guy at LT, but that these guys up front are just THAT good. Hopefully it's just that.

We saw it last year too, from training camp on up thru the season. This isn't his first rodeo.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Its why they have practice. To improve on what one is doing wrong.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Its why they have practice. To improve on what one is doing wrong.

Yes absolutely, but on the other hand, what IF during the preseason he continues to get beat on a regular basis? I still think that as much potential Dolphins management see in Martin, I have to believe the concern level is right there too. It is what it is now, but I sure hope this isn't an on going problem because if it does hinder our offense, I say shame on that management team for not being aggressive enough to find a better LT in the off season as they have had PLENTY of time on this one to evaluate from last year's issues and the recent track record of overall decisions hasn't been exactly top notch.

However, my hope is Martin when the games start is playing at a high level and really holds his own.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:06 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

We have to hope that Jonathan is getting better by facing what really is a very good defensive front seven.

If not, then this is a HUGE setback.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]