View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Pouncey: "Free Hernandez" 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Pouncey: "Free Hernandez"
Obviously the legal system has yet to play out, but some people still just can't help themselves.

http://deadspin.com/not-everyone-is-tur ... -776847596

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Pouncey: "Free Hernandez"
Quote:
Both men played with Aaron Hernandez at the University of Florida. Both have had their names come up in connection with the unsolved September 2007 shooting that may or may not have involved Hernandez ...

A league source has confirmed conclusively that it’s the Pouncey twins in the photo. There’s still a chance (small as it may be) that the messages on the hats were digitally altered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hernandez/

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

clowns! Take life more seriously

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Who still wears a Jack Nicholson Joker shirt?

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Suddenly Kapernick's hat doesn't seem so bad.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I know they are college teammates, but they need to be a helluva lot smarter than that.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:42 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'm all for freedom of speech but I hope this is not real.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

That could blow up....How stupid would that be

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

What a shame. I'd be lying if I didn't say I respected Mike P. a little less after today.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

money can't buy class or style

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:08 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
What a shame. I'd be lying if I didn't say I respected Mike P. a little less after today.

What if it was your friend who was in jail? Wouldn't you be sad that he is in jail and wouldn't you back him?

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:05 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Really Tommy? If one of your friends killed one of your family members you want want him free? I bet Mike would be signing a different tune if Maurice was shot and killed by Hernandez, but these guys are DUMB.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would rather see him put on a 49ers hat.

Last edited by rodneyfaile on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

What if it was your friend who was in jail? Wouldn't you be sad that he is in jail and wouldn't you back him?

Innocent until proven guilty. But it's looking REALLY bad for Hernandez.

Since it's looking as bad as it is, and since the Pounceys are public figures, common sense would be to make a statement like "My sympathy to the victim and his family. I hope the facts prove that Aaron was not in any way involved in this horrible incident."

That would be WAY smarter than the stupidity of that photo.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:

That's not the same as making a childish fashion statement meant to draw attention to yourself. The more proper way of going about it if they go on the record is to state their support for him to have his day in court and a fair trial.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:46 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Depending on your age these are not the athletes we grew up with. The stand up guys now are very few & far in between. The athlete of today is one who thinks his money & skills offer him a life of entitlement. Go on social media & brag & gloat about living in excess. These guys do come down to earth however when their careers are done & they are broke because of the lifestyle they have chosen. I know we like to think Dolphin players are immune to this but they are no different than the guys on all the other teams. Hernandez thought his status would help him get away with murder. Pouncey thought his would help him get away with being stupid.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:17 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Common sense is clearly not a requirement in the NFL...

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
Depending on your age these are not the athletes we grew up with. The stand up guys now are very few & far in between. The athlete of today is one who thinks his money & skills offer him a life of entitlement. Go on social media & brag & gloat about living in excess. These guys do come down to earth however when their careers are done & they are broke because of the lifestyle they have chosen. I know we like to think Dolphin players are immune to this but they are no different than the guys on all the other teams. Hernandez thought his status would help him get away with murder. Pouncey thought his would help him get away with being stupid.

Unfortunately I think it goes beyond athletes. Too many young adults grow up spoiled, entitled and celebrate bad behavior for popularity reasons.

I agree with innocent until proven guilty, but this was incredibly immature. I thought Pouncey was supposed to be one of the team leaders...setting a pretty bad example.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:22 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

I'm sure will be reading a statement from Mike also.....

Quote:
"I fully recognize the seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate, and I regret that my actions appear to make light of that serious situation," Pouncey wrote on Twitter.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins were reportedly expected to talk to their respective players about the photo. Hernandez is being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd in Massachusetts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... nandez-hat

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am
Profile YIM
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

We'll see what Phillbin has to say about this. We know he is short on patience for stupidity. Not the wisest choice Mike.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

This caught my eye:

Quote:
The Pounceys have been linked to Hernandez’s off-field activities as police continue to probe Hernandez’s past for clues relating to current murder charges he faces.
In 2007, the Gainesville (Fla.) Police Department mentioned the Pounceys in a report after investigating a double shooting. Police wanted to speak with Hernandez about the shooting but he invoked his right to have an attorney present. No charges were ever filed.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/pouncey-bros-wear-free-hernandez-hats-club-article-1.1398466#ixzz2Z8Z44BtH

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:43 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phin wrote:
We'll see what Phillbin has to say about this. We know he is short on patience for stupidity. Not the wisest choice Mike.

THIS........

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:27 pm

jammer wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Unfortunately I think it goes beyond athletes. Too many young adults grow up spoiled, entitled and celebrate bad behavior for popularity reasons.

I agree with innocent until proven guilty, but this was incredibly immature. I thought Pouncey was supposed to be one of the team leaders...setting a pretty bad example.

Good point. Justin Bieber pissing in a mop bucket & then F bombing a president is a great example.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:35 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
Really Tommy? If one of your friends killed one of your family members you want want him free? I bet Mike would be signing a different tune if Maurice was shot and killed by Hernandez, but these guys are DUMB.

If one of my friends killed someone, I would let him know that what he did was very wrong and he's gonna face serious consequences from this point out, but I would visit him in jail and send him money and let him know I had his back. Now if he killed a family member of mine, then he'd be joining that family member.

And just an FYI, I have a friend I played football with in high school who was released from prison last month and is on 12 years supervised probation. Now is when it's gonna get really hard for him.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:21 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If one of my friends killed someone, I would let him know that what he did was very wrong and he's gonna face serious consequences from this point out, but I would visit him in jail and send him money and let him know I had his back. Now if he killed a family member of mine, then he'd be joining that family member

So your family member is more important than someone else's family, ok, I get it now. News flash Tommy, the way you feel about your family member is the same way someone else feels about theirs. Have some empathy.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:39 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
If one of my friends killed someone, I would let him know that what he did was very wrong and he's gonna face serious consequences from this point out, but I would visit him in jail and send him money and let him know I had his back. Now if he killed a family member of mine, then he'd be joining that family member

So your family member is more important than someone else's family, ok, I get it now. News flash Tommy, the way you feel about your family member is the same way someone else feels about theirs. Have some empathy.

Well, I wouldn't blame the family of my friend's victim for wanting to go after my friend. And supporting my friend would be contingent on him showing remorse for what he did. My friend who just got out of prison is like that. Not a day goes by that he doesn't regret what he did.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]