View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 More PFT hate 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post More PFT hate
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/13/dolphins-are-no-23-in-preseason-power-rankings/

This is getting old!...

Not saying we are gonna be world beaters but better than only nine teams???.. C'mon!!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: More PFT hate
When I saw PFT, I was expecting this article to be written by Mike Florio, who is the biggest Dolphins hater out there. I'm kinda shocked...

Just a new name to add to my people-to-kill list...

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:34 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I wonder if them and WalterFootball.com got together. They have the Dolphins 23 in their preseason rankings as well. At least that one writer for that site does.

You can also go to their 2014 mock drafts and they have the Dolphins picking in the 20's.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

christ we've been better than 23rd for awhile now. Time to start talkin about the 14 to 17 range

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:01 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

swerve13 wrote:
christ we've been better than 23rd for awhile now. Time to start talkin about the 14 to 17 range

I don't get on here much so this might sound silly but try to keep the Lord's name off the post if you don't mind. Much appreciated.

As for NBC/PFT, I think the Poll shows that their readers disagree

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:34 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I could go a little higher, but 18-22 is where we are right now, IMO.

I'd say we're in the 5-8 range in the AFC. The NFC is absolutely stacked. Not many teams in that conference that I would put us ahead of.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:37 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

We are where we finished last year. Which would be about 15th. There has been no football since then. And if you wanna talk about offseason additions and theories. The Dolphins IMPROVED on paper. So if people are taking that into account. We should be higher then 15. But, as I said. No games have been played yet. I think we should be ranked at 15.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I cant really get mad at power rankings, its really just an opinion anyway. I actually would rather read how we are going to do bad or average, less room for disappointment

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think it's too low, but if Tannehill does not step up, this ranking could be right on the money. I think it all depends on Tannehill's development.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Big Dave wrote:
I think it's too low, but if Tannehill does not step up, this ranking could be right on the money. I think it all depends on Tannehill's development.

Him developing is a huge part, obviously without some sort of a step forward the rest is kinda a moot point.

However I am curious as to how the o-line play is in the run game. It was sporadic last year, came out strong and went 7 straight games under 100 total on the ground. I would like to see some balance there early on.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:

I'd say we're in the 5-8 range in the AFC. The NFC is absolutely stacked. Not many teams in that conference that I would put us ahead of.

REALLY........Do you have Miami ahead of St. Louis?

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What I love about NBC Sports (PFT, Roto) this time of year is that every 2nd or 3rd year skill guy is a "breakout" candidate. Its like the NFL is full of future legends.

As for Miami's rank, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. Miami is probably the biggest wild card out there because Tannehill stepping up could push them into a realm a lot of us couldn't imagine 6 months ago. The offense has three unproven guys at key positions - QB, RB and LT.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:06 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

They have St. Louis at #17........I do believe the Dolphins beat the Rams last year. Oh Well.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I think it's close. The Rams plays good football as the season progressed, and had just as active of an off season as Miami did, arguably.

Really similar teams, IMO.

Miami may have won that game Tony, but that was probably our biggest steal of the year. St. Louis dominated us that day for the most part. How we got a W that day was as insane as losing to the Cardinals.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I think it's close. The Rams plays good football as the season progressed, and had just as active of an off season as Miami did, arguably.

Really similar teams, IMO.

Miami may have won that game Tony, but that was probably our biggest steal of the year. St. Louis dominated us that day for the most part. How we got a W that day was as insane as losing to the Cardinals.

At the end of the day, no one cares about who dominated who, they care about who won the game. Miami lost games they should have won also, so it all balances out.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

they're both comparable teams but Miami is in a better situation for success. St. Louis is good but will be stuck in 3rd in their division. We can win ours.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 am

swerve13 wrote:
they're both comparable teams but Miami is in a better situation for success. St. Louis is good but will be stuck in 3rd in their division. We can win ours.

I agree. Having Seattle & San Francisco is rough. Our division is weak. Arizona I would say is better than the Bills & Jets who I would say are bad teams right now & New England should regress this season. The division is ours for the taking. While improved St. Louis should still finish behind Seattle & San Francisco. Although they are not a bad team (St. Louis) the perception of a team who wins their division is greater than a team who might be just as good but finishes third. Its a good thing for us this season to be playing in the AFC east.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I still think we're a notch above them regardless. We'll have a much better run game, I think Tannehill has a better skill set than Bradford, defenses are comparable, Wallace is better than any receiver they have.
Wake and Jordan are more dangerous than Long/Quinn.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]