View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Lamar Miller's speed turning heads for Miami Dolphins 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Lamar Miller's speed turning heads for Miami Dolphins
Now this really caught my eye, not sure if it was posted yet I did not see it as a thread.. Lamar was a home run threat, a real burner and if that transitions to the NFL level he could be a very explosive back for us.

Quote:
One week after Colin Kaepernick's choice of headwear became a national narrative, San Francisco 49ers players continue to give offseason love to the Miami Dolphins.

Niners running back Frank Gore has spent the summer with Lamar Miller, the second-year Dolphins back penciled in to start the season. The two are working out together at Bommarito Performance Systems in North Miami Beach, and Gore's influence has paid dividends.

"The way Lamar is learning from Frank, it's a beautiful thing," Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Sean Spence told The Miami Herald on Thursday.

Pete Bommarito runs the training facility where a collection of NFL players gather daily. After training dozens of backs, including Maurice Jones-Drew, Bommarito said of Miller, "He's the fastest running back I've ever seen."

Read more here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... i-dolphins

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Lamar Miller's speed turning heads for Miami Dolphins
I am really looking forward to seeing Miller as the feature back. He has a 5th gear and he will benefit from having defenses worry about Wallace, Hartline and Keller. The big difference I see between Miller and Reggie Bush is that Miller runs well between the tackles and hits the hole taking what he can get. He is a great cut back runner who will thrive in the zone offensive blocking scheme. I'll be shocked if he doesn't gain at least 1200 yards rushing if he stays healthy for 16 games. I expect Miller to be a huge part of a very balanced offense that can run and pass.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:46 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Really looking forward to seeing Lamar Miller and what he can do.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I really like the way he accelerates after he gets the ball. Shoots out like a cannon ball.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think we're gonna have great team balance. Top notch defense and run game to go with a much improved passing game.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:16 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

After watching him run the ball a few times last year, I was impressed with his explosiveness and ability to see the hole. Hopefully he can stay healthier than he did at the U.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

From ESPN

Quote:
Lamar Miller never quite got his feet on solid ground as a rookie last season. Working behind Reggie Bush and struggling to learn the NFL game, he had just 51 carries, though he averaged a solid 4.9 per. Still, it seems clear that the Dolphins believe in him, because they didn't add any competition for the featured RB role after Bush bolted for the Detroit Lions this offseason. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald had this to say of the Fins' expectations for the second-year back.

"Privately, the Dolphins believe Miller can be not merely a good starting back, but a great one," Jackson wrote.

Miller has been working with fellow Miami Hurricane Frank Gore at Pete Bommarito's Bommarito Performance Systems and has generated some glowing reviews:

"Since Lamar started gravitating toward Frank, his work ethic and mentality are unparalleled," said Bommarito. "... He’s the fastest running back I’ve ever seen."

“His footwork got a lot better," said Gore. "... Lamar is probably the fastest [among Hurricanes RBs Gore, Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee]. He reminds me of Portis.”

Perhaps most importantly, teammates have been "impressed with Miller’s improvement in his pass protection."

That element could help Miller secure a three-down role this season. If the Dolphins O-line holds its own and the passing game lives up to expectations, Miller could have plenty of room to run free. He'll be a boom-or-bust option for fantasy squads.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't think he will be a "bust" option.
More like "boom" or "middle of the road"

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've always said he reminded me of Portis.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]