View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Hernandez was off Dolphins draft board, too. 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Hernandez was off Dolphins draft board, too.
Quote:
Hernandez was questioned by police after two Gainesville men were shot, admitted to police he punched a bar employee (breaking his ear drum) and also tested positive for marijuana at least once. That's the official docket.

It was enough for the Dolphins to take Hernandez off their draft board, according to a source. They weren't alone. Indianapolis took him off their board, too, former Indianapolis General Manager Bill Polian said on ESPN.

That's how a first- or second-round talent dropped to New England in the fourth round. From purely a football standpoint, drafting Hernandez was a great decision. How many fourth-round picks ever score 18 touchdowns and make a Pro Bowl?

Over the years, the Dolphins invested various amounts in dozens of players with issues legal and emotional. Only two worked out: Irving Fryar and Ricky Williams. And Williams took a while.

Maybe that's why coach Joe Philbin is quick to kick anyone with repeated issues off the team.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-0 ... is-jenkins

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Hernandez was off Dolphins draft board, too.
This is why character issue guys aren't worth it. it's proven time and time again.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

How is this for cutting all ties with a guy....

Quote:
As reported by Marc Sessler of NFL.com, the Patriots allowed fans to bring their No. 81 Aaron Hernandez jerseys to Gillette Stadium and exchange them for a different jersey of equal or lesser value.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

degs wrote:
How is this for cutting all ties with a guy....

Quote:
As reported by Marc Sessler of NFL.com, the Patriots allowed fans to bring their No. 81 Aaron Hernandez jerseys to Gillette Stadium and exchange them for a different jersey of equal or lesser value.

I believe it's better than doing nothing at all. I also believe people thinking the Pats are doing this "for the fans" need to wipe their chins and understand why they are really doing it and understand (1) they could be doing a hell of a lot more (if you don't think they could easily ID a replica jersey, you're fooling yourself) and (2) doing it in a better way (making people drive to Foxboro on a holiday weekend when they know a lot of people WON'T BOTHER TO GO), and (3) only allowing jerseys purchased from the Pats pro shop to be exchanged.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

And another Patriot that was off many draft boards....The Patriot way!

Patriots CB Alfonzo popped for DUI
Quote:
Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard was arrested on suspicion of DUI early Thursday morning.
Dennard was pulled over around 2 AM Thursday morning in Lincoln, Nebraska after he was spotted straddling a a lane line. In addition to suspicion of DUI, the 24-year-old was also cited for refusing a chemical test and a driving infraction. Dennard was sentenced to 30 days in jail and probation in April stemming from a bar fight last year in which he punched an investigating officer in the face. Commissioner Roger Goodell had already been planning to review that case, so this new arrest doesn't bode well for the second-year corner

Rotoworld

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Also not sure if you guys saw this....."Other football players"

Quote:
Ortiz said he then went to sleep. When he woke up in the afternoon, according to his account, the three men returned the Altima and rented a Chrysler 300 before returning to Hernandez's home. Ortiz and Wallace then went to an apartment in the area that Hernandez and other football players used. Wallace let Ortiz in before leaving for a long time, the documents say. The two then drove to Bristol. Ortiz told police Wallace

ESPN/NFL
What are the chances other players get dragged into this.....PED'S or Drugs that they may have got from one of these homes and it involves other Patriots

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Well with the off season that the Patriots have had & how god awful the Jets & Bills are the AFC east while being a bad division now is ours for the taking. I can see us winning the division & being a home underdog against a wild card team in the first round of the play offs.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Hey any time we can read that we passed on a draft pick and it was a GOOD move, I will take it

:grin:

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:05 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Pats haven't done squat since they started taking chances on a-holes.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Makchell wrote:

Pats haven't done squat since the video cameras were taken away.
Most tainted franchise ever.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Pats haven't done squat since the video cameras were taken away.
Most tainted franchise ever.

They havent won less than 10 games since 2002, including 12, 13, 14 win seasons the last three... If thats not doing squat I sure hope we start not doing squat soon

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:10 am

they feasted off a bad east the past 5 years. If they were in the NFC they'd be more like a 9 win team.
They played against 6 quality teams all year in 2012 and lost 3 of them. Ho-Hum.

They're actually terrible at drafting. Lots of busts and problem cases.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Winning superbowls is all that matters.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:56 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:

They havent won less than 10 games since 2002, including 12, 13, 14 win seasons the last three... If thats not doing squat I sure hope we start not doing squat soon

Even though they didn't win any Super Bowls, at least they went to two of them in that time. They go in every year thinking they have a chance to win the big game. When was the last time we felt that way? I'd much rather have what the Patriots have done over what we've done.

Don't think that I am condoning drafting these idiots. Belichick showed that he can win even without those talented losers. I think he's is realizing that he is just a man and cannot control what others do on their own time. That is why I like the direction that Ireland/Philben are taking with this team. I am hopeful that Brandon Marshall was a real learning experience to Ireland (and to us).

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Big Dave wrote:
10acjed wrote:

I'd much rather have what the Patriots have done over what we've done.

Yup, would love to start the year being the favorite, go to the playoffs every year etc... Its why I am a Dolphins fan, most of my early football life was watching my favorite team compete year in and year out and not make the big game...

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:49 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Even though they didn't win any Super Bowls, at least they went to two of them in that time. They go in every year thinking they have a chance to win the big game. When was the last time we felt that way?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Patriots did a great job of finding ways of getting the maximum potential out of their players. It seemed for years that they could take average players and make them into above average players. Perhaps their success got in their heads...? They seemed to think they could take any head case and make him a team player/nice guy who would make them look brilliant. Their success with Randy Moss made them think they could do that with whomever. Lately that has not been as bullet proof for them. Haynesworth, Johnson, and Hernandez are just a few of their failures.
However, until someone knocks them off their throne, they are still the team to beat.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Like I said they've had it easy for awhile now. It's time we changed that.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 pm

The off season they have had will be their undoing for this season. I think they can reload for next season but the losses of the tight ends came well after the draft & all the free agent signings for them to compensate. Alot now rides on their defense. Plus it will take Amendola some time to be anywhere as productive as Welker was (hopefully). However their run has been incredible. Dominating a division for a dozen years though speaks as much about the other teams in it as it does about them.
The division is ours for the taking. Not saying we go deep into the playoffs (although I am thinking it) but there always seems to be a division winner who might not be as strong as a wildcard team & I think the winner of this division will be that team.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:59 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

They cheated

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]