View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Dad: Mike Wallace turned down $76M from MIN 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dad: Mike Wallace turned down $76M from MIN
Give me a break. Of course it is about the money.

Quote:
Dad: Mike Wallace turned down $76M from MIN

Mike Wallace's dad says his son turned down a $76 million contract offer from the Vikings in free agency.

Wallace and his father are trying to craft a narrative that "it's not about the money." The truth is that although the Vikings might have offered a deal worth $76 million in total compensation, it's unlikely they matched the $30 million guaranteed the Dolphins ponied up. Minnesota ended up settling for Greg Jennings on a five-year, $45 million deal that included $17.8 million guaranteed.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30837233/ ... ayer_news/

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Dad: Mike Wallace turned down $76M from MIN
Pro Football Talk wrote:
Wallace does acknowledge that he wanted to be well paid after feeling underpaid for years with the Steelers, but he also says Miami is the right place for him to emerge as a truly great player.

“I performed so well for so long, I just wanted to be well compensated,” he said. “I feel I got a bad rep. Free agency paid off for me. But it was bittersweet. The money is not all I’m in it for. I want to be a great player – win Super Bowls, go to Pro Bowls continuously.”

If he can win Super Bowls and go to Pro Bowls continuously, Wallace will be worth the $60 million, regardless of whether or not that’s the reason he signed with the Dolphins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-money/

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

In related news Brian Hartline's Mom says it's hot in Miami.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:27 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

AmericAdam wrote:
In related news Brian Hartline's Mom says it's hot in Miami.

True Dat.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I turned down a lucrative offer from phinnation and decided to come here instead..... Wheres my thread?

:ann0y: :fart:

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Isn't maximizing your paycheck and having freedom the whole point of free agency? Why does he have to defend his decision to follow the money to Miami?

Also, its not like he picked a team that isn't theoretically on the rise. He didn't go to the Jets or the Raiders to just collect money and be a cellar dweller. Miami had a plan to acquire talent and hopefully produce wins. Should he be ashamed for wanting to be part of that?

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Isn't maximizing your paycheck and having freedom the whole point of free agency? Why does he have to defend his decision to follow the money to Miami?

Also, its not like he picked a team that isn't theoretically on the rise. He didn't go to the Jets or the Raiders to just collect money and be a cellar dweller. Miami had a plan to acquire talent and hopefully produce wins. Should he be ashamed for wanting to be part of that?

It's because reckless Jeff Ireland gave him the contract. If it was any other organization it probably would not be an issue that he did what free agency was designed for.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:03 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

pauspe wrote:
It's because reckless Jeff Ireland gave him the contract. If it was any other organization it probably would not be an issue that he did what free agency was designed for.

Probably. And the next headline will be that since Matthews and McNutt outplayed him in Day 3 of the OTAs the signing was desperate and unnecessary. I mean why did Miami even bother signing a single free agent??? They can get all the talent they need through late round picks and the waiver wire.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]