Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:19 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Quote:
Dolphins $10 million free-agent pickup Brandon Gibson has reportedly been outplayed by Armon Binns at OTAs.

Reporters caught Gibson dropping a pass in practice early this week, and he's predictably struggling with his conversion to slot receiver. Binns, a journeyman UDFA on his third team in three years, is squarely on the bubble. Gibson's roster spot is safe because GM Jeff Ireland guaranteed him $3.75 million.

One dropped pass in OTAs and it's the end of the world...

:hithead:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:46 pm 
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

The only thing that will get that site to chill is for the Dolphins to win and Brandon play well. Otherwise, they will continue to be in attack mode.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

I don't like Gibson. Wasn't a fan at all of the signing and I've made that known.

However, nothing from minicamps....absolutely nothing is worth reading. Not a thing.

Not about how Tannehill has developed. Not about how good Grimes looks. Not about how Egnew looks more comfortable. Not about how bad Gibson looks, or McCray out playing Clemons. None of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:34 pm 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

phinsfansc wrote:
The only thing that will get that site to chill is for the Dolphins to win

Which we have not done much of in over a decade...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
I don't like Gibson. Wasn't a fan at all of the signing and I've made that known.

However, nothing from minicamps....absolutely nothing is worth reading. Not a thing.

Not about how Tannehill has developed. Not about how good Grimes looks. Not about how Egnew looks more comfortable. Not about how bad Gibson looks, or McCray out playing Clemons. None of it.

Amen brother PR.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 pm 
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

It appears they pulled this story off a fansite...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:43 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Yeah I agree with the argument in general. Gibson was a bad signing on paper. Just doesn't make sense. Let's hope it doesn't play out like that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This has nothing to do with the Rotoworld article, but my hope is that Gibson is an every game contributor and doesn't turn into the next Ernest Wilford signing. My guess is the lack of speed that this kid doesn't have and the talks of him not being able to separate well from the slot position.

It will be interesting as I don't view him as a side to side fast/quick receiver myself, BUT, he is known to get open and make third down catches. Hoping for the best, but I still find it interesting that with the choices out in the market during free agency that they targeted him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
This has nothing to do with the Rotoworld article, but my hope is that Gibson is an every game contributor and doesn't turn into the next Ernest Wilford signing. My guess is the lack of speed that this kid doesn't have and the talks of him not being able to separate well from the slot position.

It will be interesting as I don't view him as a side to side fast/quick receiver myself, BUT, he is known to get open and make third down catches. Hoping for the best, but I still find it interesting that with the choices out in the market during free agency that they targeted him.

I'd rather see Hartline in the slot & let Gibson run across the middle, while Wallace gets deep.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:55 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
It appears they pulled this story off a fansite...

I am wondering if some of the updates to some of these sites are actually done by volunteer fans. There are a lot of opportunities to write for sites like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:46 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Rotoworld is suitable for fantasy sports and transaction/statistics/injury news. If you're using it for analysis you should consider something else.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]