View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Philbin talks offseason spending, running game at OTA #3 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Philbin talks offseason spending, running game at OTA #3
Quote:
by Andrew Abramson

RUNNING GAME: ...

“It’s a good group, we were just talking about that when we watching film as an offensive staff,” Philbin said. “They have different skill traits, dimensions physically and those types of things.

“The proof will be in the pudding but it’s an area we felt like at the running back position we had to do a better job protecting the quarterback. At least at this stage of the game in terms of their blitz recognition and fitting in to the protection scheme we feel good about some of that process. We’ll know a lot more when we put pads on them.”

Despite Miller going from an early season afterthought a year ago to a potential No. 1 back this year, he said Monday that he doesn’t feel any added pressure this year.

“I wouldn’t say it’s pressure. You’ve just go to do your job, do what you were coached to do,” Miller said.

Miller said he has to improve in pass protection and being more physical and consistent.

Philbin praised Thomas who has suffered through two injury filled seasons with Miami after being drafted in the second round in 2011.

“I think (missing practices) can hinder progress a little bit and young players I’m totally convinced they need a lot of practice time,” Philbin said. “Running backs need to see the fronts the defense calls and that they’re going to run the ball against as well as their protection responsibilities. His ability to stay healthy will help him.”

Gillislee said his goal is just to make the roster.

“I just want to make the roster and pick up on this offense,” said Gillislee ...

- Kicker Dan Carpenter, in danger of losing his job to rookie Caleb Sturgis, missed a field goal of about 47 yards during the simulated crowd noise. He also hit a field goal of about 45 yards. ...

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -at-ota-3/

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]