Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11911
Location: Raleigh, NC
This is actually a very good interview with Jamar Taylor.

Quote:
Strauss : What was your whole Draft weekend like?

Taylor : My agent thought I was going to go on Thursday. It was kind of frustrating when it ended that day, but I had great support from my family, my agent, and my girlfriend.

We woke up on Friday and said today is going to be a better day. Some teams called and said they were going to get me, and then, they passed on me. I was getting frustrated, but next thing I knew, my phone was ringing. It was a blessing from God for the Dolphins and Jeff Ireland to give me a chance to come down there. It was like I got the monkey off my back.


The Rest of the Interview

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:16 am 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 am
Posts: 4
Thank you so much for sharing!!! :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Houston, Texas
Dave, you see the size of Jamar Taylor for a corner? He isn't the tallest we have had, but this guy is built thick and he is very agile to go with it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:29 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Finhead34 wrote:
Dave, you see the size of Jamar Taylor for a corner? He isn't the tallest we have had, but this guy is built thick and he is very agile to go with it.


He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Will Davis, Marshall, Vontae, Carroll, Patterson, Wilson, Grimes are all 5'11 or under.

Sean Smith is the only CB I remember getting that was over 6 feet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Houston, Texas
He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Your right PR, I was really referring more towards how Taylor is built so thick.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Finhead34 wrote:
He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Your right PR, I was really referring more towards how Taylor is built so thick.


Yeah. With the exception of Vontae, he's definitely one of the thickest.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11911
Location: Raleigh, NC
Phins Rock wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Dave, you see the size of Jamar Taylor for a corner? He isn't the tallest we have had, but this guy is built thick and he is very agile to go with it.


He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Will Davis, Marshall, Vontae, Carroll, Patterson, Wilson, Grimes are all 5'11 or under.

Sean Smith is the only CB I remember getting that was over 6 feet.


I was excited that we drafted Sean Smith and was thinking that Parcells was going to reshape the way the NFL looks at cornerbacks. After seeing him struggle with the smaller and faster receivers, now we see why this size is blueprint for cornerbacks.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11911
Location: Raleigh, NC
I was impressed with his answer to this question. I don't really see him starting right off the bat though. I think our zone coverage schemes are a bit complex and he will need time to get comfortable with it.

Quote:
Strauss : You’re expected to contribute immediately for the Dolphins. What are your expectations?

Taylor : My plan is to come in and learn and pick all the coaches brains until they get sick of me. Just try to learn as much as I can about the NFL, because it’s so much different game than college. At the same time, I just want to have fun and make plays. Sometimes, a lot of people over-think it, but I just want to come in, learn, and ball-out to help my team win.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:28 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 am
Posts: 4
Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Dave, you see the size of Jamar Taylor for a corner? He isn't the tallest we have had, but this guy is built thick and he is very agile to go with it.


He's the same height as almost every corner Jeff Ireland has signed or drafted. 5'11.

Will Davis, Marshall, Vontae, Carroll, Patterson, Wilson, Grimes are all 5'11 or under.

Sean Smith is the only CB I remember getting that was over 6 feet.


I was excited that we drafted Sean Smith and was thinking that Parcells was going to reshape the way the NFL looks at cornerbacks. After seeing him struggle with the smaller and faster receivers, now we see why this size is blueprint for cornerbacks.


the seahawks are doing something right though.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r