View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Marcus Thigpen aims to be Miami's starting running back. 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Marcus Thigpen aims to be Miami's starting running back.
Hey, if you have to aim for something , aim to be the best.

Quote:
He also says he’s bulking up in an effort to convince the coaches that he deserves to be the team’s No. 1 running back.

“I’m working towards that right now and I’ve put on maybe six or seven pounds. I’m up to 200 right now and my goal is to be the starting running back for this team,” Thigpen said.

That’s probably not going to happen. But you have to admire Thigpen’s confidence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rn-record/

Wed May 15, 2013 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Marcus Thigpen aims to be Miami's starting running back.
Big Dave wrote:
Hey, if you have to aim for something , aim to be the best.

Quote:
He also says he’s bulking up in an effort to convince the coaches that he deserves to be the team’s No. 1 running back.

“I’m working towards that right now and I’ve put on maybe six or seven pounds. I’m up to 200 right now and my goal is to be the starting running back for this team,” Thigpen said.

That’s probably not going to happen. But you have to admire Thigpen’s confidence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rn-record/

I hope that doesn't effect his return ability!

Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Marcus Thigpen aims to be Miami's starting running back.
While I do believe there will be an open competition for the starting runningback job, I also believe that battle will be between Miller and Thomas, with Miller being the eventual winner with Gillislee taking the 3rd down back responsibilities.

Thigpen is a good young guy that provides us with depth and special teams value. I don't think he's a feature back, or even a #2 for that matter. He's a good #3 with special teams value. But more power to the guy for trying. I hope he proves me wrong.

Same goes for Thomas, at this point he's a #3 back. Unless he breaks out in a big way in camp, I think that Miller will get the lion's share of the touches this season.

Thu May 16, 2013 1:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]