View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Worst Position Groups in the NFL: Offense 

Are you worried about the run game going into 2013?
Yes 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
No 79%  79%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 14

Worst Position Groups in the NFL: Offense 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Worst Position Groups in the NFL: Offense
Quote:
Worst running back group: Miami Dolphins

Lamar Miller is a great fantasy football sleeper. The Dolphins expect him to make a big leap this season. But he's a second-year pro who was drafted in the fourth round and only carried the ball 51 times last year. He's also the easy choice as the best back on the Dolphins' roster because we've seen what Daniel Thomas can do. 2013 fifth-rounder Mike Gillislee also should find carries.

Good news for Dolphins fans. This is the best position in which to not look great on paper.

Quote:
Worst offensive line: San Diego Chargers

The Chargers have a center and a right tackle, so that's a start. But it's fair to question if rookie right tackle D.J. Fluker will be a huge asset in pass protection.
Honorable mention: Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys: Detroit's offensive tackle combination of Reilly Reiff and Corey Hilliard is a big concern for Matthew Stafford. ... Chicago added talent and more importantly added a better offensive coaching staff. ... The Dolphins might have downgraded this offseason from a so-so 2012 group

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... fl-offense

I was watching their video recap of this article, and found it very interesting that the trio of Hartline/Wallace/Gibson are good for the 5th best in the league in total yards combined. They're in great company too, as only the trio of receivers who have more combined yardage are from Denver, Atlanta, Indy, and Tampa Bay. 3 out of those 4 teams have prolific offenses that engineered playoff runs last season.

:yay:

Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 am
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Post Re: Worst Position Groups in the NFL: Offense
we won't be anywhere near the worst running team in 2013. We know how to run the ball.

Tue May 14, 2013 1:23 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

A good passing game will open up the running game.

Wed May 15, 2013 9:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lamar Miller is built to handle the responsibilities of a feature starting back. Reggie Bush for all of his skills was a 3rd down back playing starter. If Lamar Miller can produce close to five yards a carry, and last year was a good indication he can, then I think he's more than capable of racking up 1,000 yards this year. In addition, I think Gillislee gives us a nice 3rd down option. Nobody is talking abou this kid yet, but I fully expect him to play a significant role this season. I think between Miller and Gillislee we should be able to see 1,500 yards and over 10 touchdowns this season.

Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]