View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Bess says his jersey number isn't for sale 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Bess has earned the right to continue wearing #15.

Quote:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 14, 2010 8:35 PM ET

It's after 8 PM ET, which means members PFT Planet still checking out the site are the ones that would be interested in a jersey number story.

(Although writing that guarantees comments to the contrary.)

Brandon Marshall was just made a $50 million man, but the agent for Dolphins wideout Davone Bess says all the money in the world couldn't take away Bess' number 15.

"His No. 15 jersey is not for sale. Davone entered the league with it and will finish with it," agent Kenny Zuckerman said in an email to our buddy Alex Marvez at FOXSports.com .

We're not trying to make this a controversy. Zuckerman was careful to preface that remark by saying how excited Bess was about Marshall's addition to the team. The decision on the jersey was all Bess.

"I told Davone we can probably name our price, especially with the contract Brandon just signed," Zuckerman said. "If I had anything to do with it, bidding would have opened at $500,000."

Um . . . do agents get a cut of jersey swapping transactions?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -for-sale/

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Bess says his jersey number isn't for sale
I was listening to Lebetard yesterday when he had Bess on. Bess sounded pretty set on keeping his number. He did, however, say that if there were some crazy amount of money offered up he would be stupid not to do it. But he kept repeating "I'm very excited to wear the number 15 next year."

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

[quote="Big Dave"

Quote:

Um . . . do agents get a cut of jersey swapping transactions?

I'm thinking they probably do. They are pretty much lawyers, they have their hands in everything.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I know this hasn't been said but I'm sure thought about. If Bess isn't even here this season and gets traded then this is a non issue. I am not saying that he should be or shouldn't be traded but out of all our receivers, he has the most value. Just my opinion.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

cboy72 does have a good point. However, I'd not only be very shocked if that happened, but pretty disappointed. With a true outside threat now, Bess will be even more dangerous than he's ever been, especially in the slot and over the middle. I think most of our WR's will benefit from Marshall garnering a constant double-team. With that said, I think the jersey issue will be an interesting subject in the next few months. I can see it already . . . . .
:war:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:49 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We will see what he says when he has the money siting in front of his face lol and as far he might not be on the team this year if we got rid of Wes who was just like Bess well a little better but still we let him go we let Zack go and now could be JT

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I am a big Bess fan because I'm from Hawaii. In all honesty, I think Marshall should pick another number. IMHO I think new team, new town, new environment, new number would be a no brainer. Kind of a fresh start kinda thing.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:14 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

finfan808 wrote:
I am a big Bess fan because I'm from Hawaii. In all honesty, I think Marshall should pick another number. IMHO I think new team, new town, new environment, new number would be a no brainer. Kind of a fresh start kinda thing.

I think so to who cares what number you have as long as he plays the same out there dont think the D-fence will be like oh look he got a new # so he will suck this year they are more worried about who is under the # and they should be........Just got a e-mail from Revise Island he is looking for some help said he is worried about the new Marshall in town lol

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

What number did he wear in college? Maybe he can get that number if its not already taken.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]