View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Tannehill becoming a leader 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Tannehill becoming a leader
A lot of good stuff in Jackson's Sports Buzz this morning.

Quote:
Teammates rave about how he ran off-season voluntary workouts.

“He’s becoming a leader,” receiver Brian Tyms said. “He would take us into the bubble [throughout March], for an hour and a half or so every day, and we would go through our route tree. He works like hasn’t made it yet.”

Also, Norman Braman kinda-sorta admitting involvement in the Weatherford-Dolphins scandal.

Quote:
After Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford helped torpedo the Dolphins stadium bill by not allowing the House to vote on it, ProFootballTalk.com speculated that Weatherford has statewide political aspirations and stadium opponent Norman Braman may have promised to assist him.

We asked Braman if he offered such assistance, and he declined to answer, saying it’s “over and done” and that commissioner Roger Goodell’s belief that the stadium needs major upgrades “is nonsense. The stadium is not third rate.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rlins.html

Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Tannehill becoming a leader
Great to hear Tannehill is working hard this offseason and developing his timing with his receivers.

As far as the stadium, having been to several stadiums around the country I can confidently say that Sun Life is well behind the curve. If you want to see just how far behind it is, just take a walk through the new Cowboys Stadium and tell me the Dolphins stadium isn't third rate. You want to know how I know its third rate? Because Cowboys Stadium, Lucas Oil Field and the majority of the stadiums developed in the last half decade are light years ahead of Sun Life. Even stadiums that are a decade plus old are well ahead of it like Sports Authority Field. If the Dolphins fail to upgrade, they'll never see another Super Bowl or Pro Bowl played in South Florida. But if they manage to upgrade or build a new one, you'll see every major event lining up to get into that building.

Sun May 12, 2013 2:10 pm

I think I could care less if a super bowl is never played here again as long as the Dolphins are in a few of them. Over the next 7 years or so I predict we will be in more than a few of them. Heres an idea ... when the division championship games are done , let the super bowl be in the team with the best records stadium. I mean thats how the the playoffs are. There are alot of domes & honestly its football. if you are playing in Green Bay , Man Up!! That way the smaller market teams can reap some benefits , and you reward the team with the best record. And most of all since it seems so important ... the game will be played in Sun Life stadium once again (if that what it is called) & Ross & Dee can do a jig. And that way the NFL holds no team hostage.

Sun May 12, 2013 4:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
I think I could care less if a super bowl is never played here again as long as the Dolphins are in a few of them. Over the next 7 years or so I predict we will be in more than a few of them. Heres an idea ... when the division championship games are done , let the super bowl be in the team with the best records stadium. I mean thats how the the playoffs are. There are alot of domes & honestly its football. if you are playing in Green Bay , Man Up!! That way the smaller market teams can reap some benefits , and you reward the team with the best record. And most of all since it seems so important ... the game will be played in Sun Life stadium once again (if that what it is called) & Ross & Dee can do a jig. And that way the NFL holds no team hostage.

Doesn't work that way. Many stadiums do not have the technology or capacity to hold a Super Bowl. In addition, would you really want to see the Super Bowl in the same city over and over again if there is a dynasty happening or one team keeps emerging from either the NFC or AFC? What if the San Francisco 49ers dominate the NFC and have the best record in football three or four out of the next five years? Should the city of San Francisco get to host four Super Bowls? Or what about New England? What if they go to the Super Bowl and finish with the best record two out of the next three years? Should they have multiple Super Bowls in Foxborough?

If you do something like this, you open the door for teams in smaller markets to miss out on major opportunities to help boost their economy. For instance, the city of Minnesota is building a new stadium for the Vikings to keep them around, and its a very nice one from the look of it. I think they should get the chance to host a Super Bowl. When a team and city choose to invest in a stadium I think it is only right that they should get a chance to host a Super Bowl if their stadium and city can support an event of that magnitude.

Mon May 13, 2013 2:49 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
Great to hear Tannehill is working hard this offseason and developing his timing with his receivers.

As far as the stadium, having been to several stadiums around the country I can confidently say that Sun Life is well behind the curve. If you want to see just how far behind it is, just take a walk through the new Cowboys Stadium and tell me the Dolphins stadium isn't third rate. You want to know how I know its third rate? Because Cowboys Stadium, Lucas Oil Field and the majority of the stadiums developed in the last half decade are light years ahead of Sun Life. Even stadiums that are a decade plus old are well ahead of it like Sports Authority Field. If the Dolphins fail to upgrade, they'll never see another Super Bowl or Pro Bowl played in South Florida. But if they manage to upgrade or build a new one, you'll see every major event lining up to get into that building.

When was the last time you went to Sun Life Stadium?

Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Obviously I want Miami to win the freakin' Super Bowl and have Tannehill be league MVP. That said, I would be happy if the team wins 10 games, makes the playoffs, and Tannehill throws over 20 TDs and less than 14 Ints (last year setting the mark). The only way I'll accept fewer than 20 TD passes is if the ground game is putting the ball in the end zone 3-4 times per game, which probably isn't happening.

Mon May 13, 2013 12:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

When was the last time you went to Sun Life Stadium?

I went to a couple of Marlins games when I was in town on business about two years ago (the last year the Marlins played there). Definitely 3rd rate. It's well behind Sports Authority Field here in Denver, and Sports Authority Field is nowhere near being as nice as Cowboys Stadium or any other stadium built in the last five years.

Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Doesn't work that way. Many stadiums do not have the technology or capacity to hold a Super Bowl. In addition, would you really want to see the Super Bowl in the same city over and over again if there is a dynasty happening or one team keeps emerging from either the NFC or AFC? What if the San Francisco 49ers dominate the NFC and have the best record in football three or four out of the next five years? Should the city of San Francisco get to host four Super Bowls? Or what about New England? What if they go to the Super Bowl and finish with the best record two out of the next three years? Should they have multiple Super Bowls in Foxborough?

If you do something like this, you open the door for teams in smaller markets to miss out on major opportunities to help boost their economy. For instance, the city of Minnesota is building a new stadium for the Vikings to keep them around, and its a very nice one from the look of it. I think they should get the chance to host a Super Bowl. When a team and city choose to invest in a stadium I think it is only right that they should get a chance to host a Super Bowl if their stadium and city can support an event of that magnitude.

Well first of all I think the Dolphins are the next Dynasty so I would not mind seeing the super bowl here year after year. But yeah I think if a team is run correctly & has a run of being the best for multiple years then yes , the super bowl should be there if they have the better record of the 2 remaining teams.

Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Well first of all I think the Dolphins are the next Dynasty so I would not mind seeing the super bowl here year after year. But yeah I think if a team is run correctly & has a run of being the best for multiple years then yes , the super bowl should be there if they have the better record of the 2 remaining teams.

Not much I can say to that. You're entitled to your opinion.

Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
I went to a couple of Marlins games when I was in town on business about two years ago (the last year the Marlins played there). Definitely 3rd rate. It's well behind Sports Authority Field here in Denver, and Sports Authority Field is nowhere near being as nice as Cowboys Stadium or any other stadium built in the last five years.

That's interesting because the Dolphins have done renovations to the stadium twice in the past decade. They completely renovated the club level. It's really nice, not third rate at all. They added the big HD screens and a night club.

I think the one thing that could use a change is the seats... they are faded orange.

Other than that, the facility is more than adequate.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 am

Yeah , redo the seats and paint them as fans sitting in them to disguise the empties. But I Agree. The club level is all new and is definetly more than adequate.

Tue May 14, 2013 11:41 am

FINesse wrote:
Yeah , redo the seats and paint them as fans sitting in them to disguise the empties. But I Agree. The club level is all new and is definetly more than adequate.

I think the canopy is a nice to have. I don't think it is a necessity. Listen, if you put a winner on the field, you'll have 65,000+ fans sitting in the heat to watch the team play. They'll sit in the rain.

The seats have to go, the concourses with all the concrete could use a change, but I don't think it has to be a massive $400 million renovation...

Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I believe the canopy part of the renovation is so that Roger Goodell's buddies dont get wet during the super bowl. What an idiot he is for telling Miami that they need to put that on in order to have another super bowl. It rained 1 time out of all the Super Bowls held in Miami and then he tells them to put a lid on it or else.

Tue May 14, 2013 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]