Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
Quick story: Receiver Mike Wallace was running routes when Tannehill — impressed by his blazing speed — told him he should go only half speed.

“ ‘I am going half speed,’ ” Wallace responded, according to Tannehill.

“Everything I heard about him coming in has proved to be true — he’s as advertised,” Tannehill said. “Fastest guy I’ve ever thrown to. It’s exciting.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/12/3 ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:49 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

If we're all very lucky, sometime in the future we'll remember this story like the story of Keith Jackson and Dan Marino... In summary, Marino asked Jackson where he wanted a ball placed, left side or right side....he said, I don't care hit me in the head with it....well the next play, Marino did just that...hit him in the helmet on that 'same pattern...Jackson stated 'I've played with good QBs, but never this good'. And that was their FIRST practice together...

So, I look forward to telling this story about Wallace and Tanny in 5 years...after 5 season of 14+ TD passes to Wallace and a SB or two...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wallace is so fast, he might even be faster than the fabled Forrest Gump!

Looking forward to the old Marino to Duper like days!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:44 pm 
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

The fact these guys are already working hard together is what has me excited. This could be the year Miami finally makes a run. I'm ready

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Outside of Reggie Bush there was a lack of collective speed on our offense last year. Our fastest receiver was Brian Hartline. I like that we've injected a lot of speed on both sides of the football this year.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:10 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

[quote="wkloiber13"]Outside of Reggie Bush there was a lack of collective speed on our offense last year. Our fastest receiver was Brian Hartline. I like that we've injected a lot of speed on both sides of the football this year.[/

TE runs 4.5, WR 4.2 & RB runs a 4.3! Thanks Jeff...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MdDolfan wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Outside of Reggie Bush there was a lack of collective speed on our offense last year. Our fastest receiver was Brian Hartline. I like that we've injected a lot of speed on both sides of the football this year.[/

TE runs 4.5, WR 4.2 & RB runs a 4.3! Thanks Jeff...

Ireland has done a wonderful job of adding youth and speed to this roster. Last year we had a nice blend of vets and younger players, but we lacked speed. So we went out and re-tooled our linebacker corps with younger faster players. We added a very fast pass rusher by moving up to 3rd overall and taking Jordan. We also added multiple DBs. On offense, like you said, we added burners at TE and WR. Not only that, but watch out for Gillislee. While his 40 time didn't impress, he plays with a much better burst than people think. He has the ability to take it to the house if he gets through the hole clean.
The big thing for me is seeing all of this speed translate to the field. You can have all of the speed in the world (Ted Ginn Jr.), but if you can't properly use it, it does you no good. I think the Dolphins added a lot of useable speed this offseason, but they still need to show it and produce.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
The fact these guys are already working hard together is what has me excited. This could be the year Miami finally makes a run. I'm ready

Rubber sheets and jello... much better than Tanny to Wallace.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]