View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3618
Post Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
Quote:
By Omar Kelly Sun Sentinel

7:29 a.m. EDT, May 9, 2013

...

There was one number that stuck out like a sore thumb when it came to many NFL talent evaluators' opinions of the Miami Dolphins' new tight end.

During his senior season at Michigan State it was documented that 17.1 percent of Sims body was fat.

...

Sims claims he had no problem cutting the weight courtesy of dieting and regular exercise. And Sims, who is 6-foot-4, is confident he won't have a problem keeping it off.

...

"Most of the time on tape I was more leaning, heavyset and I was relying on my upper body strength," he continued. "Once I learn how to use my lower body strength I think I’ll be more effective.”


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3906.story


Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
The nice part about the NFL is he'll have every possible resource to develop his body and technique now that his entire life is football. Sims is a talented tightend who I think is going to split time with Keller this year. I really like him as a pass protector and redzone threat.


Mon May 13, 2013 2:10 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
Didn't realize he was only 6'4"


Mon May 13, 2013 3:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21631
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
Kev1321 wrote:
Didn't realize he was only 6'4"


The draft profile on NFL.com shows him at 6'5 but then refers to his 6'6 frame later in the profile.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540200

_________________
Image


Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
wkloiber13 wrote:
The nice part about the NFL is he'll have every possible resource to develop his body and technique now that his entire life is football. Sims is a talented tightend who I think is going to split time with Keller this year. I really like him as a pass protector and redzone threat.



I like what Dion brings. Former basketball player that knows how to post up and use his body. Good inline blocker that will only get better.

_________________
Image


Mon May 13, 2013 6:17 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3618
Post Re: Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Didn't realize he was only 6'4"


The draft profile on NFL.com shows him at 6'5 but then refers to his 6'6 frame later in the profile.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540200


lol late growth spurt?


Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Dolphins expect TE Dion Sims to push for playing time
phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
The nice part about the NFL is he'll have every possible resource to develop his body and technique now that his entire life is football. Sims is a talented tightend who I think is going to split time with Keller this year. I really like him as a pass protector and redzone threat.



I like what Dion brings. Former basketball player that knows how to post up and use his body. Good inline blocker that will only get better.


I think he'll complement Keller very well this year. His inline blocking and redzone presence will really help Tannehill as well.

Personally, I'm hoping that Sims is the player we hope he is, that Egnew takes a big step forward this offseason, and that we exit training camp with four solid options at tightend (Keller, Sims, Egnew, Clay).


Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], shularino and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.