View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
cspooner13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
Two things:

1.) Anytime your statement involves the words "I'm not (blank) but..." or "No disrespect but...", we all know your intent, and you are a clown

2.) Rich...Gestapo? Really? C'mon man. Let's tone down the hyperbole a bit, shall we?

*sigh* no sense of humor...

A sense of humor implies that something is funny. In what way is comparing our organization to Nazi secret police funny?

It is ok to admit that you mistakenly thought I was being serious. Youzza big boi...

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Serious or not, some things just aren't funny.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I have just seen this thread. Thanks for saying it straight (lol) Rich. You have done all of the heavy lifting, thanks.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wow, all of this over a tweet. Who cares what Wallace said? The man is entitled to his opinions, whatever they may be. People need to chill out and stop being overly sensitive about tweets and online media. As long as the guy isn't getting arrested by the police, fined by the NFL, or starting problems in the lockerroom, I could care less what he does or says. All I want to see are results on the field. Receptions, yards, and touchdowns are ultimately how this man will be judged by me.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

10acjed wrote:
I dont understand why there are Jet fans, I mean there are 31 other teams in the NFL to root for, why do these people like the Jets?

Im a Jetaphobic....

haha! thats the funniest crap I ever read on here

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wow guys, it's his opinion. We do have the 1st, remember? I didn't read all 4 pages, but who cares what he tweeted.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Wow guys, it's his opinion. We do have the 1st, remember? I didn't read all 4 pages, but who cares what he tweeted.

It would not be Phinfever without a good 4 page thread once in a while full of bickering and sarcastic remarks

:yay:

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:52 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
How stupid can you be? I mean really...

I don't see what is stupid about it. I think the problem is we're too politically correct in this society.

He gave his opinion, from his point of view, which is the only point of view he can have. He simply stated he doesn't understand something.

Sorry, but I agree with him. I don't understand homosexuality either.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't hire a gay person or have one as a friend, neighbor etc.

It just means I don't understand one dude being with another. And quite frankly, I don't have to understand it.

Agreed. What is wrong with saying you don't understand?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 am

cspooner13 wrote:
Serious or not, some things just aren't funny.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Not every comedian makes every individual laugh.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 am

Mindtornado wrote:
Agreed. What is wrong with saying you don't understand?

I don't understand what is wrong with it. SMH.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

You people are pathetic who view this and believe it's deserving of all the back lash he is receiving. It's HIS twitter feed. HIS opinion, does he not have the right? He didn't call anyone out by name, said nothing vulgar. Get over it. Some people seriously need to get a darn life.

How dare anyone to MILDLY express their opinion on THEIR social networking accounts in regards to the gay issue. It's worthy of back lash and "ignorance" for someone simply not understand the mindset of being homosexual, but the same doesn't go for people who speak against it?

Only their opinion matters, the contrary does not? It's called an OPINION for a reason, look it up, and while you're at it, search of the FIRST amendment as well. Pathetic.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You people are pathetic who view this and believe it's deserving of all the back lash he is receiving. It's HIS twitter feed. HIS opinion, does he not have the right? He didn't call anyone out by name, said nothing vulgar. Get over it. Some people seriously need to get a darn life.

How dare anyone to MILDLY express their opinion on THEIR social networking accounts in regards to the gay issue. It's worthy of back lash and "ignorance" for someone simply not understand the mindset of being homosexual, but the same doesn't go for people who speak against it?

Only their opinion matters, the contrary does not? It's called an OPINION for a reason, look it up, and while you're at it, search of the FIRST amendment as well. Pathetic.

:awe: :awe: :awe:

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Nice job.

End of discussion.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Right.

You defend him for simply airing his opinion, but some of us are pathetic for having "OUR OPINION" and voicing our 1st Amendment rights.

Makes complete sense. I mean I didn't personally call for his head, ask him to be cut, picket his effin' lawn ..... all I did was "mildly" voice "MY OPINION" that there are better things for a prominent athlete to tweet about than a potentially devisive sexuality issue, specifically because Mike Wallace doesn't strike me as a champion of extensive discourse with these kinds of issues.

I mean we're talking about a guy who's understanding of the subject boils down to "men should never get with other men because women are beautiful." My OPINION (granted to me by the 1st Amendment) is that he should just not put himself in the middle this kind of thing for he has nothing to gain from it and it might bring bad attention to the team. Moreover, I thought the comment could've done without the SMH for risk of antagonizing.

If you genuinely believe he doesn't understand, more power to you. I mean after all, sexuality is determined upon whether women are beautiful right?

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCME, Makchell, and Rich: The first amendment goes both ways guys.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Right.

You defend him for simply airing his opinion, but some of us are pathetic for having "OUR OPINION" and voicing our 1st Amendment rights.

Makes complete sense. I mean I didn't personally call for his head, ask him to be cut, picket his effin' lawn ..... all I did was "mild;y" voice "MY OPINION" that there are better things for a prominent athlete to tweet about than a potentially devisive sexuality issue, specifically because Mike Wallace doesn't strike me as a champion of extensive discourse with these kinds of issues.

I mean we're talking about a guy who's understanding of the subject boils down to "men should never get with other men because women are beautiful." My OPINION (granted to me by the 1st Amendment) is that he should just not put himself in the middle this kind of thing for he has nothing to gain from it and it might bring bad attention to the team. Moreover, I thought the comment could've done without the SMH for risk of antagonizing.

If you genuinely believe he doesn't understand, more power to you. I mean after all, sexuality is determined upon whether women are beautiful right?

I'm simply referring to the people who have said that he should not be able to voice his opinion on his own twitter account. I personally don't give a darn what you think of it, my response wasn't directed toward you.

I have read numerous comments around the web stating that he should legally not be able to do it, and how ignorant he is. It's ridiculous, and people need to start worrying about their darn selves instead of living vicariously through other people.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I'm simply referring to the people who have said that he should not be able to voice his opinion on his own twitter account. I personally don't give a darn what you think of it, my response wasn't directed toward you.

I have read numerous comments around the web stating that he should legally not be able to do it, and how ignorant he is. It's ridiculous, and people need to start worrying about their darn selves instead of living vicariously through other people.

Wait you don't give a darn what I think? Was that even necessary? I don't recall cursing at you in my response. Although it's completely ironic given you responded to me. Alas, allow me to quote you:

Quote:
You people are pathetic who view this and believe it's deserving of all the back lash he is receiving.

Who else could you possibly be referring to except for those who posted on this very forum that they disagreeed with his comments?

BTW, I have yet to see one person argue that Mike Wallace is never allowed to voice his personal opinion on twitter. Please link me to anyone saying this ..... and anyone saying he's not legally allowed. This is also most definitely NOT a matter of people living vicariously through Mike Wallace. That would indicate they want to experience what he is experiencing.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Wait you don't give a darn what I think? Was that even necessary? I don't recall cursing at you in my response. Although it's completely ironic given you responded to me. Alas, allow me to quote you:

Quote:
You people are pathetic who view this and believe it's deserving of all the back lash he is receiving.

Who else could you possibly be referring to except for those who posted on this very forum that they disagreeed with his comments?

BTW, I have yet to see one person argue that Mike Wallace is never allowed to voice his personal opinion on twitter. Please link me to anyone saying this ..... and anyone saying he's not legally allowed. This is also most definitely NOT a matter of people living vicariously through Mike Wallace. That would indicate they want to experience what he is experiencing.

It's in the massive comment section in PFT's article on this. Go check it out for yourself.

Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 am

cspooner13 wrote:

So does reading comprehension.

I don't recall telling anyone not to express their opinion....

Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yep, never said it doesn't. BTW booties are made for pooping.

Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
So does reading comprehension.

I don't recall telling anyone not to express their opinion....

Then for clarification, which part of AFCMiamiEast's comment did you agree with when you responded to him .....

Rich wrote:
Nice job.

End of discussion.

Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

last word

:fart:

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat May 18, 2013 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
It would not be Phinfever without a good 4 page thread once in a while full of bickering and sarcastic remarks

:yay:

:)

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4