View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Do you even recognize these Miami Dolphins? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Do you even recognize these Miami Dolphins?
Quote:
The Miami Dolphins are turning over the roster, becoming a more aggressive team

By Omar Kelly, Sun Sentinel Commentary

10:35 p.m. EDT, April 26, 2013

Cameron Wake puts his chin back and scrolls his mental Rolodex thinking back to his first meeting as a member of the Dolphins.

The Pro Bowl pass rusher is struggling to name a player on that 2009 defense that's still around.

"It has been crazy," Wake said about the turnover. "And it is not like I've been in the league 15 years."

Over the years the franchise has done so much roster churning it is hard for Wake to keep up with his new teammates, and this season he's got a lot of faces and names to remember.

Can we try not to pretend we recognize these Dolphins?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:35 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Do you even recognize these Miami Dolphins?
Yeap...screw tweaking things...this team has been gutted.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Yeap...screw tweaking things...this team has been gutted.

What we were doing wasn't working. We badly needed to gut this roster and get Sparano's guys out. We're playing a different brand of football now with Philbin, Sherman, and Coyle. We're going to continue to get younger, faster, and more athletic. While I liked some of the guys that are departing. I understand the moves.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Solai, Starks, ...... yep. That's it lol. Most of that team no longer in the league lol.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I agree. Just show we were never "close"

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well, the front 7 has always been good to a point. Think we had Solai, Starks, Langford, Porter, Wake, Crowder (suck), and I think Tim Dobbins? Ok... maybe the front 3 lol.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I recognize them alright. While the names might be different we still keep drafting heavily on defense and passing on potential impact offensive players. I'm on board with the Jordan pick, but everything else just just more of the same.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rock Sexton wrote:
I recognize them alright. While the names might be different we still keep drafting heavily on defense and passing on potential impact offensive players. I'm on board with the Jordan pick, but everything else just just more of the same.

Why ignore that they addressed offensive weapons during Free Agency & last season during the draft with this season's starting RB and what should have been a competing TE in Egnew.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ToneOz wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Why ignore that they addressed offensive weapons during Free Agency & last season during the draft with this season's starting RB and what should have been a competing TE in Egnew.

Who's going to be running with Miller? Aside from his potential, has Miller proven himself yet?

You've got a guy like Stedman Bailey on the board with more upside potential than Brandon Gibson and you don't take him.

We've got Keller on a 1 year deal who's got to prove he can shake off recent injuries, but more importantly not a quality 2nd TE on the roster to be his running mate.

LT is STILL shakey, in fact both tackles are.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:09 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rock Sexton wrote:
ToneOz wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Who's going to be running with Miller? Aside from his potential, has Miller proven himself yet?

You've got a guy like Stedman Bailey on the board with more upside potential than Brandon Gibson and you don't take him.

We've got Keller on a 1 year deal who's got to prove he can shake off recent injuries, but more importantly not a quality 2nd TE on the roster to be his running mate.

LT is STILL shakey, in fact both tackles are.

So Miller hasn't proven himself but a Bailey has? I haven't seen Bailey lineup in the NFL and make spectacular, well balanced catches in the NFL.

Egnew can still become a quality 2nd TE. What TE taken outside of Eifert would have posed as a sure #2 TE behind Keller?

You complained about not addressing offensive weapons. We addressed offensive weapons in free agency and last season's draft. Simple answer to your over thought opinion.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ToneOz wrote:
So Miller hasn't proven himself but a Bailey has? I haven't seen Bailey lineup in the NFL and make spectacular, well balanced catches in the NFL.

Egnew can still become a quality 2nd TE. What TE taken outside of Eifert would have posed as a sure #2 TE behind Keller?

You complained about not addressing offensive weapons. We addressed offensive weapons in free agency and last season's draft. Simple answer to your over thought opinion.

I'm not saying Bailey has proven himself. It's his potential as compared to Gibsons' ceiling.

Outside of Eifert you had Ertz and Escobar all there and IMO we had the ammo to make a move for them if we were so inclined. With Ireland's shoddy drafting record after the 2nd round, why not do that?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:23 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

What drafting record? Every draft is a shot in the dark. Ireland has already gone against his grain by trading up and getting an impact defensive playmaker. If he sticks to the script, nobody trusts him and if he goes against the grain he left good value on the table. It's a lose-lose with the commentary regarding this ownership and executives.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]