View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Digesting the Dion Jordan pick 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Digesting the Dion Jordan pick
I don't like it. Yes, the Dolphins need an edge rusher that can harass the QB. But the Dolphins gave up a second round pick to move up to get this guy who is a classic "tweener" when there were several other guys at his position out there that could've been had if they had stood pat.

I seriously hope this isn't Jackie Shipp II. If it is, Jeff Ireland is done in this league.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Digesting the Dion Jordan pick
Jason Taylor was the same way in size and criticism so if you love the guy you take him and would you rather be the Vikings giving up a 2nd 3rd and 4th for a wr?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

ag_fin_90 wrote:
Jason Taylor was the same way in size and criticism so if you love the guy you take him and would you rather be the Vikings giving up a 2nd 3rd and 4th for a wr?

They gave up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a 7th actually

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:

They gave up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a 7th actually

I stand corrected

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

My question is how are we planning on using Jordan? Is he going to strictly be a defensive end, thus bumping Odrick inside? Are they going to rotate Cam, Odrick, and Jordan? Will Jordan see time at OLB, replacing Misi?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
My question is how are we planning on using Jordan? Is he going to strictly be a defensive end, thus bumping Odrick inside? Are they going to rotate Cam, Odrick, and Jordan? Will Jordan see time at OLB, replacing Misi?

I think he is mainly a pass rusher but this year we got Eifert, Gronk, Hernandez, Graham, Olsen, Gonzalez, Pitta, Gresham just to name a few so in situations like the red zone I think he goes to play linebacker in coverage against them

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think that would be the best use of him

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Great pick. Love the balls Ireland is showing. Getting a playmaker and not giving up much in return

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:30 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

TommyNoleFin wrote:
I don't like it. Yes, the Dolphins need an edge rusher that can harass the QB. But the Dolphins gave up a second round pick to move up to get this guy who is a classic "tweener" when there were several other guys at his position out there that could've been had if they had stood pat.

I seriously hope this isn't Jackie Shipp II. If it is, Jeff Ireland is done in this league.

There were no other special defensive ends. This guy can do it all.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:

He's listed as a OLB. He projected as a Sam linebacker in a 4-3. Meaning he would replace Misi. You don't draft a guy 3rd overall to let him rotate in and out with Odrick as a pass rusher. If you draft a guy 3rd overall he had better be out there and impacting the game on every down. I believe he has the potential to do that as a Sam linebacker. This guy is better than Misi in every phase of the game. I love this pick. Especially when you consider his ability to line up in the slot and cover tightends, something that has plagued us. No longer will Gronkowski own our linebackers, because now we've got a guy who is just as big, just as strong, and faster than him. I can't wait to see this guy in camp.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

He's listed as a OLB. He projected as a Sam linebacker in a 4-3. Meaning he would replace Misi. You don't draft a guy 3rd overall to let him rotate in and out with Odrick as a pass rusher. If you draft a guy 3rd overall he had better be out there and impacting the game on every down. I believe he has the potential to do that as a Sam linebacker. This guy is better than Misi in every phase of the game. I love this pick. Especially when you consider his ability to line up in the slot and cover tightends, something that has plagued us. No longer will Gronkowski own our linebackers, because now we've got a guy who is just as big, just as strong, and faster than him. I can't wait to see this guy in camp.

Imagine being the Patriots and asking "How are they going to use this guy? Is he going to kill Tom or blanket Gronk?"

I like the pick. This is a football player hands down.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

They didn't draft this guy to replace Misi.

They drafted him to play in a 3 point stance.

Odrick will kick inside and replace either Starks or Soliai in the future.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 am

TommyNoleFin wrote:

They gave up their first and second to move up to the top 3 when people were predicting they would need to give up 5 or 6 picks to do so.

This trade up was a steal and Dion Jordan was the player I was hoping the Dolphins would take, but never seriously thought they'd be in position to do so.

The next coming of Jason Taylor.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Huge steal. This guy can rush the passer and drop into coverage. Can't win without rushing the passer and cameron wake desperately needed some help. You get a couple guys who can pass rush and all of a susden your secondary looks a lot better.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

fonzy wrote:
Huge steal. This guy can rush the passer and drop into coverage. Can't win without rushing the passer and cameron wake desperately needed some help. You get a couple guys who can pass rush and all of a susden your secondary looks a lot better.

It's a power play to the Patriots because now Gronk is hurt, Hernandez just got hurt and now with Jordan he affects everything and Cam Wake is on the other side so this can be easy for him

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hopefully, we will be seeing a few Brady sandwiches this season! Bringing the heat from each side will be fun to watch along with our new linebackers flying around blitzing.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:41 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

They didn't draft this guy to replace Misi.

They drafted him to play in a 3 point stance.

Odrick will kick inside and replace either Starks or Soliai in the future.

The problem is, he never played in a three point stance in college.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 pm

TommyNoleFin wrote:
The problem is, he never played in a three point stance in college.

That's fine.

That's what coaches are for. To develop players.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]