View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Lane Johnson (Network Mock) 
Author Message
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5126
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
they're having a mock draft special on NFL network right now and there are 15 employees making picks and Mayock is hosting as the draft commisioner. Mooch just picked Lane Johnson with the Lions 5th pick and the room as a whole raved about Lane more so than any of the other guys already picked. 3 or 4 of them said he's "Maybe the best player in this draft" and he definitely has the most upside of any player in the draft. Thought it was interesting how highly thought of he was by the coaches, analysts and scouts employed by the network.


Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20183
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
swerve13 wrote:
Thought it was interesting how highly thought of he was by the coaches, analysts and scouts employed by the network.


The flipside of that coin is that these guys aren't working in the NFL, but rather on the NFL Network...

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3694
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
Wow swerve makes another thread about his love affair... what a surprise...


Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5126
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
IamPZ wrote:
Wow swerve makes another thread about his love affair... what a surprise...


not really a love affair....Tackles aren't that exciting for me.
just reporting what I keep reading and seeing. Johnson gets more praise than most of the top prospects, I have to believe this guy is going to be awesome.

I haven't mentioned Johnson in 2 weeks man, stop letting it bother you so much.


Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5126
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
they gave us Xavier Rhodes at 12, but they said we'd be tryin like hell to trade down.


Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 253
Location: Tampa, FL
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
swerve13 wrote:
they're having a mock draft special on NFL network right now and there are 15 employees making picks and Mayock is hosting as the draft commisioner. Mooch just picked Lane Johnson with the Lions 5th pick and the room as a whole raved about Lane more so than any of the other guys already picked. 3 or 4 of them said he's "Maybe the best player in this draft" and he definitely has the most upside of any player in the draft. Thought it was interesting how highly thought of he was by the coaches, analysts and scouts employed by the network.


The only pick that was argued against was Michael Irvin taking the Geno Smith at #2, every other pick was met with a good response by most in the room.


Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3694
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
Well us taking Rhodes over Milliner seemed to be argued off camera... she said "I received a lot of flack for the Rhodes pick, but got it right with Manti T'eo"


Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 253
Location: Tampa, FL
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
Eifert dropped all the way to 29 to Atlanta in this mock draft.......no way, no how!


Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2426
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Lane Johnson (Network Mock)
swerve13 wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Wow swerve makes another thread about his love affair... what a surprise...


not really a love affair....Tackles aren't that exciting for me.
just reporting what I keep reading and seeing. Johnson gets more praise than most of the top prospects, I have to believe this guy is going to be awesome.

I haven't mentioned Johnson in 2 weeks man, stop letting it bother you so much.


It's ok swerve. It's far better than hearing about the man crushes on Tavon Austin.


Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.