View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 possibility #57 Trade down for Carradine 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post possibility #57 Trade down for Carradine
Quote:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline the "top suitors" for Florida State DE Tank Carradine are the Dolphins, Giants, and Vikings.
Carradine has had a "lot of recent contact" with the Fins, who are trying to trade down and may target him as the weak-side edge rusher they need to book end Cam Wake. Even if Miami can't execute a trade, Pauline considers Carradine a "real possibility" for the 12th pick, particularly if the Dolphins acquire Branden Albert. Pauline also mentions Atlanta as a possibility for Carradine.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: possibility #57 Trade down for Carradine
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want this dude on the fins in the worst way

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

I'm confused by the title of the thread.

Is it saying that we would trade down to the 57th pick to draft Carradine or is it the 57th possibility Pauline is bringing up?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Im not sure Rich, but I think the "#57" has nothing to do with draft order, I think it is possibility # 57 meaning he has 56 more ideas I am glad were not included lol..

Man I wish I could get paid to make up different scenario teams may or may not make in the upcoming draft...

People can train they're kids to be Dr's and Lawyers, I want mine to be an "NFL Analyst" what a racket....

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:30 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Im not sure Rich, but I think the "#57" has nothing to do with draft order, I think it is possibility # 57 meaning he has 56 more ideas I am glad were not included lol..

Man I wish I could get paid to make up different scenario teams may or may not make in the upcoming draft...

People can train they're kids to be Dr's and Lawyers, I want mine to be an "NFL Analyst" what a racket....

I think all of us would love to get paid to do this for a living. I certainly know I would. Nothing would make me happier than to get paid to write the crap that I put out here or on my blog. To the Carradine point, I think we'd be lucky to Carradine on the team.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline the "top suitors" for Florida State DE Tank Carradine are the Dolphins, Giants, and Vikings.
Carradine has had a "lot of recent contact" with the Fins, who are trying to trade down and may target him as the weak-side edge rusher they need to book end Cam Wake. Even if Miami can't execute a trade, Pauline considers Carradine a "real possibility" for the 12th pick, particularly if the Dolphins acquire Branden Albert. Pauline also mentions Atlanta as a possibility for Carradine.

I can't see the Fins going after him at 12. No way, no how!

I can see Tank being the target at #42 though.....

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

As much as I like Carradine (thanks in large part to Tony for reminding me about him), this guy is crazy if he thinks Carradine is in play at #12

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm all for the Dolphins trading back, adding more picks (this year and next), and then taking a passrusher or cornerback in the late 1st. I think guys like Bjoern Werner, Cornelius Carradine, Damontre Moore, and Margus Hunt are all going to still be on the board in the 20s. I could easily see Miami going after one of those players. We could then rotate Odrick inside to mix into the rotation, and let the rookie and Vernon split snaps.
Also, I think Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, and D.J. Hayden will all likely still be on the board in the 20s as well. I could see us looking at one of those players as well if they're still around. That would give us a starting corner to play opposite Grimes this year.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

In the mock draft that I'm putting up on my blog, I've got us taking Damontre Moore in the second round (pick 42). By everything that I've heard, he should still be there for us, and he's a beast.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
In the mock draft that I'm putting up on my blog, I've got us taking Damontre Moore in the second round (pick 42). By everything that I've heard, he should still be there for us, and he's a beast.

I love that pick if he's there. But I also would love to see Sylvester Williams, Desmond Trufant, and Coradelle Patterson there as well.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

I love that pick if he's there. But I also would love to see Sylvester Williams, Desmond Trufant, and Coradelle Patterson there as well.

I think Williams and Trufant are sure-fire first round picks. Patterson is intriguing, but I just don't think we're going to take a WR in the second (even though I do have them taking one in the third).

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

keebler_kahn wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:

I can't see the Fins going after him at 12. No way, no how!

I can see Tank being the target at #42 though.....

At this point, I don't see Tank making it to the 2nd round. I don't see Miami taking him at #12, but if they do trade down, he would definitely be a candidate then.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]