Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11197
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline the "top suitors" for Florida State DE Tank Carradine are the Dolphins, Giants, and Vikings.
Carradine has had a "lot of recent contact" with the Fins, who are trying to trade down and may target him as the weak-side edge rusher they need to book end Cam Wake. Even if Miami can't execute a trade, Pauline considers Carradine a "real possibility" for the 12th pick, particularly if the Dolphins acquire Branden Albert. Pauline also mentions Atlanta as a possibility for Carradine.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want this dude on the fins in the worst way


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24715
Location: Miami, FL
I'm confused by the title of the thread.

Is it saying that we would trade down to the 57th pick to draft Carradine or is it the 57th possibility Pauline is bringing up?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5315
Location: Wellington, FL
Im not sure Rich, but I think the "#57" has nothing to do with draft order, I think it is possibility # 57 meaning he has 56 more ideas I am glad were not included lol..


Man I wish I could get paid to make up different scenario teams may or may not make in the upcoming draft...

People can train they're kids to be Dr's and Lawyers, I want mine to be an "NFL Analyst" what a racket....

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
10acjed wrote:
Im not sure Rich, but I think the "#57" has nothing to do with draft order, I think it is possibility # 57 meaning he has 56 more ideas I am glad were not included lol..


Man I wish I could get paid to make up different scenario teams may or may not make in the upcoming draft...

People can train they're kids to be Dr's and Lawyers, I want mine to be an "NFL Analyst" what a racket....


I think all of us would love to get paid to do this for a living. I certainly know I would. Nothing would make me happier than to get paid to write the crap that I put out here or on my blog. To the Carradine point, I think we'd be lucky to Carradine on the team.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tampa, FL
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline the "top suitors" for Florida State DE Tank Carradine are the Dolphins, Giants, and Vikings.
Carradine has had a "lot of recent contact" with the Fins, who are trying to trade down and may target him as the weak-side edge rusher they need to book end Cam Wake. Even if Miami can't execute a trade, Pauline considers Carradine a "real possibility" for the 12th pick, particularly if the Dolphins acquire Branden Albert. Pauline also mentions Atlanta as a possibility for Carradine.

I can't see the Fins going after him at 12. No way, no how!

I can see Tank being the target at #42 though.....


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
As much as I like Carradine (thanks in large part to Tony for reminding me about him), this guy is crazy if he thinks Carradine is in play at #12

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:23 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
I'm all for the Dolphins trading back, adding more picks (this year and next), and then taking a passrusher or cornerback in the late 1st. I think guys like Bjoern Werner, Cornelius Carradine, Damontre Moore, and Margus Hunt are all going to still be on the board in the 20s. I could easily see Miami going after one of those players. We could then rotate Odrick inside to mix into the rotation, and let the rookie and Vernon split snaps.
Also, I think Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, and D.J. Hayden will all likely still be on the board in the 20s as well. I could see us looking at one of those players as well if they're still around. That would give us a starting corner to play opposite Grimes this year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
In the mock draft that I'm putting up on my blog, I've got us taking Damontre Moore in the second round (pick 42). By everything that I've heard, he should still be there for us, and he's a beast.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
cspooner13 wrote:
In the mock draft that I'm putting up on my blog, I've got us taking Damontre Moore in the second round (pick 42). By everything that I've heard, he should still be there for us, and he's a beast.


I love that pick if he's there. But I also would love to see Sylvester Williams, Desmond Trufant, and Coradelle Patterson there as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
In the mock draft that I'm putting up on my blog, I've got us taking Damontre Moore in the second round (pick 42). By everything that I've heard, he should still be there for us, and he's a beast.


I love that pick if he's there. But I also would love to see Sylvester Williams, Desmond Trufant, and Coradelle Patterson there as well.


I think Williams and Trufant are sure-fire first round picks. Patterson is intriguing, but I just don't think we're going to take a WR in the second (even though I do have them taking one in the third).

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5483
Location: Columbia, SC
keebler_kahn wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline the "top suitors" for Florida State DE Tank Carradine are the Dolphins, Giants, and Vikings.
Carradine has had a "lot of recent contact" with the Fins, who are trying to trade down and may target him as the weak-side edge rusher they need to book end Cam Wake. Even if Miami can't execute a trade, Pauline considers Carradine a "real possibility" for the 12th pick, particularly if the Dolphins acquire Branden Albert. Pauline also mentions Atlanta as a possibility for Carradine.

I can't see the Fins going after him at 12. No way, no how!

I can see Tank being the target at #42 though.....



At this point, I don't see Tank making it to the 2nd round. I don't see Miami taking him at #12, but if they do trade down, he would definitely be a candidate then.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Finhead34, TennFinFan13 and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r