View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Report: Fins willing to meet T Albert's price 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Report: Fins willing to meet T Albert's price
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total Access that the Dolphins are willing to meet LT Branden Albert's asking price, but the hangup in a Kansas City-to-Miami trade is draft-pick compensation.

"I'm told the Dolphins do not have a problem with that," Rapoport said of Albert's price tag. "I know some people are saying different. I'm told they don't have a problem with it." Per Rapoport, Albert wants "Duane Brown money" -- not Jake Long money. Brown signed a six-year, $53.4 million extension last August, with $22.08 million guaranteed. It sounds like the Chiefs will send Albert to the Dolphins if the sides agree to trade terms. Miami has two second-rounders, but would prefer to part with No. 54 rather than 42.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Report: Fins willing to meet T Albert's price
Quote:
8/16/2012: Signed a seven-year, $56.2 million contract. The deal contains $22.08 million guaranteed, including a $12.5 million signing bonus. 2013: $2.5 million, 2014: $6 million, 2015-16: $7 million, 2017: $9.65 million, 2018: $9.75 million, 2019: Free Agent

Here is the breakdown of Duane Brown's contract from Rotoworld.com

This would be an excellent deal if the Dolphins could get it done. $56M with only $22M guaranteed is a very fair price for a player like Albert. The first four years of Brown's contract were very team friendly as well.

I hope something can get worked out. Hopefully we only have to part ways with the 54th pick and not the 42nd. But if teams like San Diego and Arizona get into the mix we might have to up that offer to the 42nd and possibly a late round pick just to even things out.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i say no thanks & keep the picks

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I honestly don't think that the Chargers or Cardinals are that interested and this is more of a ploy by the Chiefs to get Ireland to budge and give up the 42 instead of the 54. I hope Ireland stands firm. Albert would be a great addition to a team that has made a ton of great moves, but there are too many other options in this draft for him to not have a spine here

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
I honestly don't think that the Chargers or Cardinals are that interested and this is more of a ploy by the Chiefs to get Ireland to budge and give up the 42 instead of the 54. I hope Ireland stands firm. Albert would be a great addition to a team that has made a ton of great moves, but there are too many other options in this draft for him to not have a spine here

I think the Dolphins would be best served by letting things play out on draft day. Rather than trading for Albert now, it would be better to see who is there at 12, 42, 54, etc. I think if Ireland plays hardball, Albert's value just might go down on draft day. If we make it to pick 42, and nobody trades for him, then KC might be stuck with 54, or maybe even our 3rd.

To be honest, I'm actually hoping Ireland plays chicken with this deal until the 3rd round, and KC is desperate enough to move him for a 3rd. That would be a much better deal in my opinion. Besides, we could always sign Winston, which isn't a bad plan "B" scenario.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The scenario I'm worried about is if the rumors are true that we aren't the only ones in play for Albert. The worst-case scenario is that we wait to long to pull the trigger on Albert and he gets dealt to San Diego or Arizona, Dallas pulls the trigger on Winston, and we're left with a serious hole in our O-line.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]