View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 NFL.com 7 Round Mock 
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post NFL.com 7 Round Mock
Quote:
12. Miami Dolphins: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina. As of right now, the Dolphins have not acquired Branden Albert. Cooper cannot play on the edge but will solidify one of the interior positions.

42. Dolphins: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston. Hayden could be selected much higher than this. The corner who overcame a unique injury has great closing speed and locates the football to disrupt at the catch point.

54. Dolphins: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M. Moore is a conundrum, in that he has admitted to a poor work ethic off the field while showcasing an outstanding motor on it. He can win in a secondary pass-rushing role.

77. Dolphins: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M.

82. Dolphins: Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State.

111. Dolphins: Mallicah Goodman, DE, Clemson.

146. Dolphins: Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin.

166. Dolphins: Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas.

217. Dolphins: Jonathan Stewart, ILB, Texas A&M.

224. Dolphins: Earl Watford, OG, James Madison.

250. Dolphins: Vince Williams, LB, Florida State.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: NFL.com 7 Round Mock
Miami has 4 proven WRs (3 if Bess gets dealt), plus Matthews and Binns. Why would they spend an early 3rd rounder on another slot receiver when they already have multiple guys to fill that role?

I could definitely see the Cooper pick.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Instead of Swope I wonder what kind of safety would be available there.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Instead of Swope I wonder what kind of safety would be available there.

Safety, Tight End or even another CB. If they are using the horizontal draft board then any of those positions make more sense than Swope.

And don't get me wrong, I think Swope looks like he could be a solid NFL player. Just doesn't make sense given the young depth Miami has there plus the big contracts they just handed out.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
Miami has 4 proven WRs (3 if Bess gets dealt), plus Matthews and Binns. Why would they spend an early 3rd rounder on another slot receiver when they already have multiple guys to fill that role?

Because Bess is in the last year of his deal, counts $2.6 mil against the cap, is small and doesn't have top end speed.

Meanwhile, Swopes played with Ryan Tannehill, is productive, knows the system, is over 6 feet tall, can run a sub 4.4 40 and can play the slot.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Cornerback, O-Line, and Passrush. I love the pick of Moore in the 2nd. He definitely would boost the level of competition. Although I think he might find it difficult to get playing time this season with Vernon and Odrick already on the roster. Perhaps he could develop and play special teams this year. Then next year when Odrick likely moves inside he could split time with Vernon across from Wake.

Cooper is an excellent fit from a scheme standpoint, and would really give us a boost inside. This move would work out extremely well if the Dolphins are able to swing a draft day trade for Albert. Adding Cooper AND Albert would really boost Tannehill's protection. Albert and Cooper could play on the left, Pouncey at center, and Incognito could move over to the right side and play with Martin. Next year Lance Louis could step in and replace Incognito. I think that would be one heck of a line.

Hayden is an interesting prospect. He has elite physical tools, but didn't face elite competition in college. Personally, I'm hoping they take Banks or Trufant with that pick.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:52 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Because Bess is in the last year of his deal, counts $2.6 mil against the cap, is small and doesn't have top end speed.

Meanwhile, Swopes played with Ryan Tannehill, is productive, knows the system, is over 6 feet tall, can run a sub 4.4 40 and can play the slot.

The Dolphins could really set themselves up by swapping Bess for Swope, and perhaps even a rookie kicker for Carpenter. Those moves would free up quite a bit of cap space.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Aren't Gibson, Binns and Matthews capable of filling the slot? I know Gibson can also play outside and Binns has some speed and YAC ability. I realize they didn't look as good last year but now they have Wallace and Keller, along with Hartline, opening up the middle for them.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:54 am

jammer wrote:
Aren't Gibson, Binns and Matthews capable of filling the slot?

I don't know since I've not seen them play in the slot before.

Binns and Matthews have accomplished very little in the NFL so why should their roster spots be safe?

Quote:
I know Gibson can also play outside and Binns has some speed and YAC ability.

Binns is almost 0.2 of a second slower than Swope (4.53 to 4.34).

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 am

I think Binns would be lucky to make the roster with all the new talent coming in. I'm hoping Matthews gets a chance.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
Aren't Gibson, Binns and Matthews capable of filling the slot?

I don't know since I've not seen them play in the slot before.

Binns and Matthews have accomplished very little in the NFL so why should their roster spots be safe?

I'm going off of what I've seen Omar Kelly tweet about info he's received regarding expectations for Binns and Matthews.

Not really saying their roster spots are or should be safe, but I'm guessing their will be equal talent to Swope if Miami is using the horizontal approach so I would think at 77 they could find a similar talent at a bigger need.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm

jammer wrote:
I'm going off of what I've seen Omar Kelly tweet

Therein lies your mistake.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wallace and Gibson are both capable of, and have experience playing in the slot. We could rotate them. We would just need to add another playmaker in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
I'm going off of what I've seen Omar Kelly tweet

Therein lies your mistake.

Ha. Careful, you'll get BLOCKED.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]